Posts by Mick84

Akaso m8s (s812, 2GB RAM, 8 GB Flash): Installed latest Krypto version internally. Works some minutes, then freezes and has to power cycled.
    Probably overheating ? Maybe also fake 2 Ghz like s905x ?

Hi mate

If you dont mind asking, how do you generate this code. I would appreciate if you could share

Thanks

petgil
    Add the file "remote.conf" in the directory /storage/.config Or use the images on the link.
    AlexELEC-AML/projects/S812/devices/M8SPlus/filesystem/usr/config/amremote at master · AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML · GitHub

jefflessard
    Thanks for the links, I will try to watch.

Hello Balbes

Thanks for all your hardwork for the community

I have got ACEMAX M8S+ and would love to have a stable Librelec version that supports Wifi and can be turned off and turned on using remote control. I have attached picture of my board

Can you please do a version for all the M8s+ users as well. I am happy to donate or send you a box if you need it for test purpose, please let me know

Thanks mate

Has anyone got luck yet with Acemax M8S+ libreelec with working WIFI and if the box could be turned off using remote control and then turned on using remote control ( if the box is turned off using remote control ; it can only be turned on by replugging the power cable ) as previos versions of 7.0.2 released by Kerber had these issues. If yes, can you please share. I am running currently openelec 6.95.1 which is the last stable version for this box

Picture of the board attached -

Thanks

Your box probably has no power off from your Android Firmware.

Go to settings / system / power saving and choose Suspend as a shutdown function.
    Try that and see if that allows you to power it back on via remote.

It was switching off from the Red button on remote control on Android firmware and thanks for above. I will try that and will let you know how i go. Thanks

HD18Q for sure. Because the letter "HD18Q" is on your board. :D

Cheers i tried both HD18Q and MXQ versions but HD18Q is for my board.

The only issue is if i turn it off/power off/suspend using remote control I can not turn it back on using remote control.

I need to take the power cable off and put it back again to restart. Can some one let me know if there a way around this. Thanks

Toothpick method working now with the SD image. Want to install LE to the NAND but can't get it to work. I've used the libreelec 7.0.0.2 version witch is the same as the SD image.

Anyone?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

What device you have got? Whats the wifi module? do you have any board pictures as there are many copy versions available in the market as well
    [hr]

Can i install libreelec with android recovery on m8s plus ?

Yes you may but the version 7.0.2 have wifi issues and need to turn on from power if its turned off .

I ld suggest for now keep using 6.95.1.1 MEGA which is currently stable and hopefully there be stable Libreelec version out soon

Cheers