Posts by gekoch

Seems like your trouble starts with higher data rates. The HDMI cable can be a bottle neck. So make sure it's conform to HDMI 2.0 or 2.1. That's needed for any 4K playback.

I have some 4k/60hz cables and tried some other lying around but still same effect. My cables are also only about 40-50cm long so quite short.

ok thx for the input I've done the Firmware Update of the HDMI chip now.

However sill the same problem...

I will post a full log as soon as possible

There is some info on the wiki that we did the research on lspcon - https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/intel-x86-64-generic - it might need updating, but we spent a bit of time checking the details. I use the nuc11 as my daily. I do have a nuc10 but don’t/have not used Kodi on it. My previous daily was a nuc6. The firmware update is definitely needed, I haven’t checked the intel site for nuc10 of late.

So which version of libreelec do you have running on your nuc11?

Hmm strange yes in the Datasheet it is clearly mentioned... But when you pull up the data sheet of the CPU you can see that over HDMI it only supports 24Hz and not 60hz and the NUC10i3FNHN1 has only one HDMI port: (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us…o-4-10-ghz.html)

I installed both the LE and nightly build. With the LE version I have no sound over HDMI, it can't find any Audio output devices.

With the nightly version (20220420) I get sound however only 2 ch and it does not deliver ATMOS or anything advanced to my speaker system (even tough my media file do contains such audio streams).

I don't know why I cant pass through the sound to the speaker system since I know when I hook up my PC i can easily pass ATMOS etc. through my HDMI but his PC has an dedicated GPU.

Andy

Hy

Currently I own an Intel NUC10i3FNHN1 i3-10110U. It runs libreelec. I was able to play H265, 4k 60Hz with sound (ATMOSe etc.) over HDMI.

However I got dropouts from time to time (every 1 to 5 minutes). The NUC was not able to maintain 60Hz. With 30Hz it works.

So is there a "new" NUC or another device that you can recommend that is fully supports libreelec WITH HDMI Audio output at 4k 60fps in h264/ h265?

Probably one with dedicated graphics since the Intel UHD Graphics can't deliver 60hz on HDMI...

Andy

Thanks for the suggestion the newest nightly build from today seems to have solved my problem.

Thx a lot helped me as well to get audio on my NUC

Code
    [    2.579005] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
    [    2.579188] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: bound 0000:00:02.0 (ops 0xffffffff8bc18620)

^ hard to say.. have you tried a currently Nightly image? (newer kernel and drivers)

thx for the help didn't know that this driver was not yet implemented into the main libreelec image

However when I play content 4K 60hz it sometimes drops out, for half a second the image gets black an reappears. Even in the GUI it shows this behavior. With the 30hz settings it behaves normally as intended.

So is my NUC too slow to display 4k at 60hz?

Andy