Posts by afl1

Thank you very match, this works great in my K1 plus (I use it with the latest tvheadend compiled from git).
    What do you mean by "multiboot support" please ? we can put a menu to choise between internal Android and LE from SD ?

Multiboot means the power button has menu with 'Reboot' and 'Reboot from NAND'.
    [hr]

In my box signal strength is 72%-74% and SNR 68%-70% depends on transponder. Both levels are in green (GOOD).
    Signal level u can check by pressing mouse button on RC.

If I use your dtb in my KII Pro, either stock or k2pro.dtb - I get stuck on the amlogic logo. If I remove the dtb file, it will boot to LE, but wifi doesn't work. (See the dmesg excerpt below)

Any thoughts on how to address this? I was thinking of copying the BCM4335 firmware, nvram and config files to the /system/etc/firmware/ path - but is there even a /system path in LE??

As an FYI, my KII Pro is a custom build for testing dual internal ATSC tuners - so I will have to do some work to get the dual tuners to show up...but is the ATSC hardware part of your build? Should be using similar hardware to what was in the KI Plus ATSC version.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I had the same problem in old kernel with KIII tv box with same wifi module Ampack 6335. DHD module wasn't able select correct fw. I fixed if with fixed configuration. Instead of nvram.txt I used nvram_bcm4335.txt and fw_bcm4335b0_ag.bin and it works. In new kernel (since 7.0.2.005) this issue disappears. I will implement it in new build.

If I use your dtb in my KII Pro, either stock or k2pro.dtb - I get stuck on the amlogic logo. If I remove the dtb file, it will boot to LE, but wifi doesn't work. (See the dmesg excerpt below)

Any thoughts on how to address this? I was thinking of copying the BCM4335 firmware, nvram and config files to the /system/etc/firmware/ path - but is there even a /system path in LE??

As an FYI, my KII Pro is a custom build for testing dual internal ATSC tuners - so I will have to do some work to get the dual tuners to show up...but is the ATSC hardware part of your build? Should be using similar hardware to what was in the KI Plus ATSC version.

Thanks for your thoughts!

In kernel is no support for ATSC:

I am using alex kernel from LE 7.0.2.003. Sources for K1 Plus dbv_tv modules are not public.

Hi afl1, i test in my KII Pro combo, but if use you K2pro.dtb ( i rename it when replace in SD card) box stuck on boot logo. If use stock dtb.img boot from sdcard and load libreelec image. So, may be is something wrong in k2pro.dtb
    Thanks and regards for good work!

Ok, I will compare stock dtb's and try to create new KII Pro version.

I try to use Alex build to my K2 pro combo, when use dtb.img from alex build box stuck in boot logo, when use dtb.img from stock firmware libreelec load, but tvheadend not see internal tuner.
    qashaf, What dtb.img you use with alex build to have working tuners?
    Thanks

I try to modify original dtb.img for alex build, but never tested it.
    KII_Plus.dtb
    [hr]

After some search in internet about avl6882 drivers see thread about TBS5520 linux drivers. This board use RafaelMicro R848 multi-standard tuner and AVL6882 demodulator same as K1 and K2 pro combo TV boxes. This thread i see patch to add drivers in Linux 3.x 4.x . Not posible to use this solution to make working built in DVB tuners in these boxes? Just mean, not have expirience to make it.

Let me notice in KI and KII pro combo is Avl6862 demodulator. I ported this driver in my builds, but it is for USB device. In KI and KII we need internal amlogic dvb frontend driver.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ls -l /sys/bus/platform/devices/dvbfe.47/
    total 0
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Oct  1 01:00 driver -> ../../bus/platform/drivers/avl6862
    -r--r--r--    1 root     root          4096 Oct  1 01:00 modalias
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Oct  1 01:00 power
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Aug 10 00:43 subsystem -> ../../bus/platform
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          4096 Aug 10 00:43 uevent
    LibreELEC:~ # 
    LibreELEC:~ #

I patched latest alex's LE version (7.0.2.003) for KI Plus S2/T2 with chbmuc's incorrect aspect ratio fix. I also added kszaq's support for multichannel PCM. I had serious issue with audio. After adding kszaq's fix it disappears passthrough setting. I fixed it with dirty patch of AML-M8AUDIO.conf. In my version is additional audio device "ALSA:AML-M8AUDIO,Analog" supporting all audio formats (also multichannel PCM). In HDMI device is no sound for multichannel PCM.
    I prepared SDcard version LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KI_Plus-7.0.2.004.img

Tested your build on my Mini M8S II by copying the file to 'update' folder using Samba share and reboot. No boot issue, but Audio output setting stuck at Bluetooth. Couldn't change it back to HDMI output (grayed, before update I was using HDMI for audio output). Problem gone after fresh SD image installation.

CEC isn't working. System->Settings->Input devices->Peripherals field is also grayed. Will rolled back to kzsaq build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz to check whether CEC was working or not.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: CEC works with kzsaq's build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz (at least with my Toshiba TV). Unlike afl1's latest build, there's no HD Audio output (e.g. no TrueHD, DTS-HD etc.).

Sorry, I was testing something with disabled CEC and I forgot to switch on it.
    I tested bluetooth on my Mini M8SII with Marshall Kilburn without any issue. I can switch audio output during playback between bluetooth and hdmi.

afl1 This would break booting for everyone having SD card at mmcblk0. I think LABEL based solution is better, I only need to see if there's anything else that should be applied, e.g. a delay to wait for SD card mounting.

I don't think I'll break booting at mmcblk0, because I'm testing if there is mounted mmcblk0p1. But probably u mean following fix.
    I will test it.

I finally fixed S905X sdcard booting issue.
    This is my solution:

I found the reason for sdcard booting issue. The sdcard detection is not synchronized with emmc detection. Sometimes sdcard is detected as a /dev/mmcblk0

Code
    [    2.548169@0] sd: new high speed SDHC card at address aaaa
    [    2.553486@0] sd: clock 50000000, 4-bit-bus-width

[    2.558611@0] ge2d: ge2d clock is 400 MHZ
    [    2.562408@0] ge2d: ge2d: pdev=ffffffc023c61c00, irq=182, rstc=0xffffffc023049bc0, clk=ffffffc01037ac00
    [    2.571990@0] ge2d: mapped phy: 0xd0160000
    [    2.575749@0] ge2d: ge2d start monitor
    [    2.577179@3] mmcblk0: sd:aaaa SL16G 14.8 GiB

or as a /dev/mmcblk1

Code
    [    2.753211@1] sd: new high speed SDHC card at address aaaa
    [    2.753819@1] sd: clock 50000000, 4-bit-bus-width
    [    2.753819@1]  
    [    2.753820@1] mmcblk1: sd:aaaa SL16G 14.8 GiB 
    [    2.756001@1]  mmcblk1: p1 p2
    [

In mmcblk.zip are both logs. First one is for successful sdcard booting for T95X tv box.

kszaq: Try to this fix issue to mount /flash and /storage for correct /dev/mmcblkX.