Posts by afl1

afl1 have you seen that scanning with atsc fails like dvbc?

Provide also driver debug log.
    [hr]

What are you testing on afl1 ? K1 Plus I suspect because it is not working as it should on KII Pro.

K1 and K2 are same box only differences are RAM, flash and wifi chip.

I tried now with 113 too.
    When tvheadend gabbing epg, then isn't switch to other tuner.
    Now grabbing dvb-t epg, and I cannot watch dvb-s because no signal
    log :
    no input source available for subscription.
    I think already tvh started grab epg then isn't stop at tuner type change

Now I did test by forcing EPG Grab changing cron config.
    Tvheadend started EPG Grab session for dvb-t channels. Then I started watch dvb-s channel. Tvheadend stopped EPG Grab and started streaming desired channel. After I stopped watching channel, tvheadend was continuing EPG Grab session.

Tried again with completely new install - same result. I have a KII Pro here. Looks like it chooses DVB-T as default if both tuners have been enabled. To switch to DVB-S I have to disable DVB-T.

If dvb-s and dvb-t channels are correctly tuned, for tvheadend42 8.1.113, there is no message "No free adapter" only "No signal".
    Pls, provide tvheadend trace log with linuxdvb and mpegts options.

Ok, I revert to 8.0.0.D
    And change turn off lnb when idle to ticked.
    seems working dvb-t and dvb-s2 too.

thank you afl1!

A question: the dvb-t tuner work as dvb-t2 with libreelec too, or just with Android?

LE 8.0.0d-I supports dvb-s, dvb-s2, dvb-t, dvb-t2 and dvb-c annex A.
    Dvb-c annex B is experimental and in adapter is identified as ATSC-C.
    [hr]

For PIDs explain use wikipedia. '' FAINT (SIGNAL)" in log means invalid status, demodulator wasn't locked. Probably you configured annex A and your network is annex B.
    [hr]

It looks like you forgot set "Turn off LNB when idle". Only dvb-s with horizontal transponders had issue.

I installed on my KII pro the last version, with also last tvheadend plugin 8.1.111 . I updated from the BetaN1 version.
    Tried to scan (DVB-T), all channel FAIL, just before.
    There is some configuration to do?

Read #672.
    [hr]

Hi, I guess that there are not annex B news, but I would like to help debugging, is there any guide to a good debugging of drivers in tvheadend? I see you put linuxdvb in debug console but info at web is a bit confusing and I am not sure of where extract the info, could you provide any tips to research some interesting info?

Sorry if that sounds like kinder garden, we are doing out first steps in that

Edit: maybe having those tips sticked in #1 would avoid a lot of questions

For tvheadend debugging set in Add-on->Service->Tvheadend42->Configuration->Trace: linuxdvb, mpegts, service
    For interactive log open log window and push 'gear wheel' to allow debug log.

For driver debugging use from ssh:

Code
    echo 15 > /sys/module/aml/parameters/debug_dmx
    echo 15 > /sys/module/aml/parameters/debug_dvb
    echo 15 > /sys/module/r848a/parameters/debug
    echo 1 > /sys/module/dvb_core/parameters/debug
    echo 1 > /sys/module/dvb_core/parameters/frontend_debug
    while true; do dmesg -c ; sleep 1; done

I finally found issue in switching standards. Issue was in setting voltage for LNB (13V/18V for V/H). After switching standard to dvb-s voltage is reset (to vertical), but tvheadend consider the voltage is already adjust. To save this issue is necessary in LNB settings check option 'Turn off LNB when idle:'.

For multistandard config is necessary:
    - LE 8.0.0d-I
    - tvheadend42 8.1.112a
    - tvheadend: Configuration->DVB Inputs->LNB->Turn off LNB when idle: checked
    - tvheadend: for every standard Maximum PIDs: 26
    - tv headend: Configuration ->Channel/EPG->EPG Grabber Modules->Over-the-Air: EIT: DVB Grabber->Enabled

OTA EPG is not blocking any standard streaming.

people is one tuner, im suppose DVB-S2 tuner scan EPG and then when you want watch DVB-T tuner is busy becuase scan EPG from DVB-S2
    (special if you just started tvheadend/box becuase default tvheadend check changes on MUXs/TPs on start and scan EPG )
    if you want check if DVB-T works, just disable for sec. DVB-S2 and then try

@alf1 big respect for fix drivers !!! and method choose from ljalves which wrote own from 0 :) becuase this one from amlogic is some bugy s*it
    i belive now are even better from Wetek :)

You are not right. Last tvheadend fix is about EPG. Prioritize streaming over EPG for shared tuner among standards. Tvheadend works now, but issue is now in driver, in correct switching standards. My last testing shows, that some channels always start streaming after switching standard and then whole standard is working. Some channels are unable start after switching standard.
    [hr]

Hi,

Thanks for great work.

clean install tvheadend 8.1.112a dvb-t dvb-s2
    Dvb-s scan was ok, but dvb-t wad fail, with force and manually edited mux I was able to only one mux with 8 channels scanned and mapped.
    Firstly works without epg I can switch dvs2 and dvbt channels, after reboot epg works but I got usually no signal , but sometime started dvb-t channels , but dvb-s not anymore.
    debug.log with linuxdvb, mpegts

Thank for your report. It confirm my testing. From your log I see the tvheadend is fixed for sharing tuner among standards. Now issue is only in driver.

Sorry, config didnt get applied

2017-03-13 15:01:45.041 mpegts: 507MHz in my dvbc - tuning on Availink avl6862 : DVB-C #0
    2017-03-13 15:01:45.042 subscription: 0004: "scan" subscribing to mux "507MHz", weight: 6, adapter: "Availink avl6862 : DVB-C #0", network: "my dvbc", service: "Raw PID Subscription"
    2017-03-13 15:01:50.042 mpegts: 507MHz in my dvbc - scan no data, failed
    2017-03-13 15:01:50.042 subscription: 0004: "scan" unsubscribing

I asked for testing on runnig channels !!!!!!!!

This version is not a fix for dvb-c annex B!