Posts by afl1

First of all, thank you afl1 for release this build. It works pretty well in the KIII Pro ;)

I want to mantein Android cause I need some apps in that OS. Therefore, i've installed LE in a micro SD without problems. The issue is to start LibreELEC from Android. The only method I found to do it is with the toothpick. Anyone have found another way to do it with an app?

BTW, I can't enable the internal bluetooth. It is not supported?

Thanks

Toothpick method runs aml_autoscript to modify environmental variables for starting s905_autoscript if it is presented. Once you used toothpick method then always at boot is starting s905_autoscript to boot in LibreELEC. Environmental variables are cleared to default only after installing Android update.
    To reboot form Android to LibreELEC you have to submit reboot command or via RC submit power off/on.
    To use BT you have to enable it. Go in Settings->LibreELLEC->Services->Bluetooth->Enable.

Hi, i have received my second kII pro and connected to older tv (720p) and in 720p output mode HD channels in television is cropped. Solution is to switch output to 1080p. And when i try to change speed of playing in timeshift, timeshift sometimes stuck, but i thing i did't have this problem on smaller faster card, now i'm using 64GB Sandisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card. When i use skip by time by left/right buttons timeshift works.

But great work, on last year's samsung 4k tv, with their radio controller it's fantastic with this firmware.

Yes, timeshift is very sensitive on SD card speed. Even high speed cards can't guarantee correct timeshift. My recommendation is install to nand for timeshift.

Tried 8.0.1f on my Mecool BB2 (3gb) with gxm_q200_3g.dtb. Sound seems the same as version C, that is everything (DD, DD+ DD HD, DTS, DTS HD) worked fine. My Amp is a couple of years old and doesn’t have a decoder for Atmos, aac or Flac (via hdmi) so it was good to see Atmos passed through as Dolby HD. As for aac and Flac they get output as PCM so again all is good. One odity though is that with Flac the Mecool volume control doesn’t work at all even though it does with aac and passthrough, I guess Flac to PCM is just a format conversion ? Finaly the only problem I found so far is when pairing some bluetooth headphones as soon as I tried to exit the LE menu the whole box locked up and I had to powered off. Still its great progress!

Flac is always lossless decoded to PCM. There is no definition for FLAC passthrough.

I found the same issue on S905X/S912. It starts red and green color flaring in bands with equal width. Simple switching liveTV channel fix this flaring. But after a while it appears again. This issue has nothing with overheating. I opened box and kept CPU temperatute < 60°C and the behavior was same. This flaring has never happended on S905 boxes..

Thank you for your great work. DVB drivers work progress is impressive. Unfortunately watching TV in KODI via headend, especially channel changing is slow. It's much, much faster with Enigma2 or Neutrino in VITMOD, but there are old DVB drivers and it have bugs. Is here somebody who could build Enigma2 binaries for this KII Pro LibreELEC build?

OpenATV
    GitHub - openatv/enigma2: openatv-gui

or OpenPLi
    OpenPli Ubuntu build howto

I modified your kernel to run system from internal /dev/system with read-write permissions, but can't get working binaries for Enimga2.

By the way OpenATV 6.0 is true system for STB devices and could run latest KODI as a plugin. I think it is more natural system whitch KII Pro should be shipped with.
    Would really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance!

Primary goal of this box is media center with excellent HD video/audio support. DVB tuner is welcome addon integrating 2 boxes in one. Vitmod Neutrino totally degrading this box in satellite receiver without any serious HD audio support. Slower channel switching is minor issue for me. It have to be improved in Krypton with better support for amlogic hw decoding. Anyway I don't need fast channel switching to surf TV channels. For channels overview I use EPG. My preferred liveTV server is TVHeadend42 and I don't care about Enigma2. If you'll implement Enigma2 it's on you, but I have no idea how to help you. All my LibreELEC sources are public. If you fork my builds, please follow open source rules and publish your activity.