Posts by afl1

TVHeadend fails at scanning 2 of our 5 local DVB-T muxes. It failed in 7.x, and still fails in 8.x.
    VDR worked as an alternative in 7, but that seems to be basically dead now (in the first 8.x build I tried, it would work once then lock, and in the latest build, it just doesn't find any channels).
    And for reference, all channels worked correctly in the Android firmware.

But... I found a Realtek USB tuner I've had for years, and plugged that in. TVHeadend works fine with that.

So the question: Is that due to the built in tuner having a crappy kernel module? Is it something the community gurus are working to improve, or something that's stuck because it's closed source?

Also, overall, I love how this exists - it's what these boxes should have been built with to start with :)

Sorry, hard to help you without any log or version numbers. There was done lot of works in fixing internal dvb tuner issues. Nobody, instead of you, is reporting scanning issue now. In my experiences internal tuner is more reliable than any external Realtek USB tuner. I can scan all 5 local DVB-T muxes (one of them is DVB-T2).

I forgot update it. Now it is fixed.

Hello awesome people.

Does anyone know if i can use the Kiii Pro with DVB-C (ziggo netherlands), it is advertised as DVB-S + DVB-T but in some reviews it says it has the same tuner chip as other boxes that also support DVB-C. And if so can i use this libreelec build to set it up with DVB-C and a CCcam account?
    I currently have a dreambox 900HDse and a android tv box (running kszaq's build s905x) but it would be nice if it could all be run in one box.

Thanks in advance
    Djteaser

Yes, DVB-C is supported in current LibreELEC builds. But recommended TV box for LibreELEC is KI Plus/KII Pro over KIII Pro.

Hi,

I just grabbed your source code from git and built it. The only difference I see is the user id : afl1@afl1 versus nabil@SCHUBERT

Maybe I should re-clone from scratch. Do you see any strange stuff in the log, related to aml_fe ?

Cheers

In your log are missing following lines:

Most likely is missing following file:
    /usr/lib/modules-load.d/aml_fe.conf

Hi AFL,

Here is the the link : giQX

The kodi.bin crash at the end of the log is normal, I am testing some stuff in kodi, not related to DVB.

Thanks.

In log I see you are not running my build

Code
    [    0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
    [    0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    [    0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
    [    0.000000@0] Linux version 3.14.29 (nabil@SCHUBERT) (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02) ) #1 SMP Wed May 3 23:21:32 WEST 2017
    [    0.000000@0] CPU: AArch64 Processor [410fd034] revision 4

My builds starts with following ID.

Code
    [    0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
    [    0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
    [    0.000000@0] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
    [    0.000000@0] Linux version 3.14.29 (afl1@afl1) (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3-2017.02) ) #1 SMP Fri May 5 22:36:29 CEST 2017
    [    0.000000@0] CPU: AArch64 Processor [410fd034] revision 4

AGAIN!!!

Your post missed right forum.

THIS FORUM IS ABOUT LIBREELEC! !!!

Please, don't spam this thread with irrelevant info!
    What is good on Android ?

Try to use another SD card. Your card is most likely damaged.

One frame skip is not bad at all, considering that the drop may have occurred at the very beginning of the file. I am constantly seeking a way to minimize frame skips but considering my lack of knowledge and how Krypton deals with video playback, it's a tedious task. I am now experimenting with some ideas that afl1 brought with his builds.

I gained improvement in avoidance frame skipping by increasing measurement window for VSyncOff.

Thanks afl. Now on 8.0.1j there are "drops" after channel switch. One can hardly see it but the audio is stucked for a tens of a second or so. This happens 1 to 3 times after channel switch.

I prefer fast channel switch over solving this issue.

Yes, I know about this. This version is trade-off. In Krypton is stupid rendering procedure using skipping frames for fixing a/v sync. Also I suspect Nougat video drivers for accidental frame drops. I can't find reason for this droppings.