Posts by afl1

Hi Afl1: i am on the verge of flashing john"s latest test build onto my KII Pro. i could wait if you can tell me how long it takes for you to upload and where exactly are you going to upload your file.

One dumb question, why are you still working on 8.1 when john"s builds are based on v9? does it require too much time from one version to other ? is it impossible ?

This is testing build and it is better to be compatible with 8.1.

My Leia test build for KI Pro:

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.0-devel-201707090813-g834a470-I.img.gz

For other S905 devices replace nougat dtb.

This build is incompatible with pvr's from LE repository. For tvheadend use pvr.hts-4.1.0.2.zip.

In le9-testing4 I found following issues:

1. irregular massive frame skipping for fps >= 50 (there is nice set of testing movies FPS testing videos, use Shift-Ctrl-O to see debug info);

2. wrong aspect ratio for SD h264 live TV (missing kszaq's patch: kodi-99a.02-add-aspect-ratio-detection-for-amcodec-h264);

3. live TV audio stuttering after channel switching. Speed-up channel switching was done by decreased time for fill-up AV queues, there is missing corresponding changes in AV sync servicing. Now audio queue is balancing on 0% level after channel switching;

I tried to build this version for KI Pro (S905D) and KIII Pro (S912). I fixed 2. a 3., but 1. is inside in Leia for longer investigations.

My sources for reference: GitHub - afl1/LibreELEC.tv at leia

Without fix for 1. this builds are unusable for live TV and I decided no publishing this release.

Downgrades are not supported.

A le9-testing2 build has been uploaded. This fixes fresh installs, fixes fractional frame rates, and includes two VideoPlayer patches by afl1 (lateframes and channel/chapter skip fix). Thank you kszaq for the help and wrxtasy for the branch.

An addon repo will be setup soon, but TvHeadend does not build on current LE master.

Pls, fix my lateframes patch, current version can cause AV sync issue.

T2 yesterday I set up, but had to additionally install (Tvheadend HTSP Client), and change room (PLP ID) from -1 to 0. Tvheadend works (scans the channels) is not stable from 40 attempts, caught channels only 3 times. Channels switches 6-7 seconds, a nightmare. But the cable (С) was not able at all to configure. There are instructions for setting up cable TV?

Check your antenna, dvb-t2 is more sensitive for signal quality due to QAM/256 modulation.

Thanks again!

For what it's worth: I've been using the last three nougat test builds without issues, in a simple setup for the moment (CEC, h264 1080p input, 1080p output, HDMI non-passthrough audio). All is playing fine.

I do have the impression that the last build does cause a bit more image distortion when quickly navigating though the collection, but this is all but objective and not a show-stopper.

Also, putting the first test build in the update folder and rebooting resulted in a failed update leaving me with nothing more than a black screen with TV input channel label (i.e. no signal at all). I had to manually restore the kernel and system files to get things up and running again.

This latest build did not show the same issue, but it does take an awfully long time with a black screen before the update is finished. Is displaying some sort of update progress not possible? I expect users aborting the process too soon without it, leaving them with broken systems (and more help requests here as a result of that).

Primary this is test build and not for upgrade official releases. No boot screen is issue of johngatl's nougat kernel. His builds for S905 have the same issue. I have to ask johngalt to fix it. The latest test build fixes only fractional frame rates, no other changes.

Hi, I have a problem with LibreElec on the K II Pro.

I fell, I put the memory card from the beginning of the LE8 ver 8.0.2 c-I and to the HTS Tvheadend 4.2.2-35 and Tvh-addon v 8.1.111. I threw the converted from E2. The channels are, guide loaded, when he wants to turn on any channel will appear the message "tvheadend htsp client subscription error" I did scan through the Force the Scan in the Networks, unfortunately it's completely changed.

Edit: after a reboot the box instead of the error message no signal message appears on the subscription.

Sorry for my poor English

Please help.

TVH 8.1.111 is broken. Upgrade it to 8.1.112 from LibreELEC repository.

THX vevs, I forgot include nougat fractional frame rate fix.

Testing johngalt's nougat kernel version with fractinal frame rate fix.

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2-devel-201707041833-g834a470-I.img.gz

SD version is build for KI Pro, for other models replace nougat Device Trees.

There is no issue with DVB-T. I am currently watching Tour de France via dvb-t2 channel on KIII Pro. You have to better study tutorials for tvheadend.

Bluetooth should work (ki pro)?

I can't find my ps3 controller.

Thanks in advance

My bt keyboard is working with ki pro.

This is version for testing and it isn't recommended to install it to internal. But anyway for update internal from SD you can use 'installtointernal'. In this version, installtointernal has modify dialog for preserving data partition (LE config). Finally you can update putting .img to /storage/.update, but don't forget add nougat dtb.

For Tvheadend - Oscam connection use recommendation from #363.

For sending EMM from Tvheadend to Oscam, Oscam have to login to tvheadend. In tvheadend create user/password (e.g. tvheadend/tvheadend). In Oscam add password:

Code
    [account]
    user = tvheadend
    pwd =  tvheadend
    au = share1
    group = 1

P.S.

5 sec channel switching is most likely maximus for current Krypton implementation. In previous version it was longer and it is slow on any kodi platform.