Posts by afl1

afl1

I did a clean install on the sdcard, did not help.

I made a log. Please see, as it becomes time.

Thank you

It looks like issue in tvheadend.

Code
    2017-08-21 17:16:47.732 [WARNING] linuxdvb: Availink avl6862 #0 : DVB-S #0 - retune
    2017-08-21 17:16:49.122 [WARNING] TS: 36E/12341L/СТС Transport error indicator (total 1)
    2017-08-21 17:16:51.749 [  ERROR] descrambler: ECM - key late (7507 ms) for service "СТС"
    2017-08-21 17:16:57.224 [   INFO] subscription: 0003: "127.0.0.1 [  | Kodi Media Center ]" unsubscribing from "СТС", hostname="127.0.0.1", username="127.0.0.1", client="Kodi Media Center"
    2017-08-21 17:16:57.226 [   INFO] mpegts: 12015.18R in 36E - tuning on Availink avl6862 #0 : DVB-S #0
    2017-08-21 17:16:57.462 [   INFO] subscription: 0006: "127.0.0.1 [  | Kodi Media Center ]" subscribing on channel "THT HD", xweight: 150, adapter: "Availink avl6862 #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "36E", mux: "12015.18R", provider: "HTB+", service: "THT HD", profile="htsp", hostname="127.0.0.1", username="127.0.0.1", client="Kodi Media Center"
    2017-08-21 17:17:09.087 [WARNING] subscription: 0006: service instance is bad, reason

Try to use this version:

service.tvheadend42-8.2.112e.zip

Also you can try to use my testing version corresponding to LE 8.1.5

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel-201708221034-g8c1f5c4-I.img.gz

This version is built for KI Pro, you have to replace dtb.img with nougat dtb: Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/

In this version are some fixes for amlogic rendering and controlling amlogic codec by kodi.

Hi afl1

You will no longer collect firmware for s905?

On firmware from kzaq since version 8.1.0 on power-up, tvheadend shows satellite channels (dvb-s2) for 10-15 seconds and the picture freezes. Then there is no signal. If you reboot K1 plus, then all the channels work fine.

On your firmware this was not.

Thank you!

There is no issue with tvheadend and LE 8.2 versions . I've been verified version 8.1.5 on my KI Plus and there are no channel freezes for DVB-S2.

Try clean installation on new SD card.

I stopped building LE 8.x as internal dvb driver is included in kszaq builds and there is no reason to build parallel versions.

P.S.:

For serious reporting provide debug logs from kodi and tvheadend.

The way have is done scan in w_scan is unsupported in my driver.

LE test build with the latest Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 and Nougat kernel (kszaq).

LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-201708140759-gb649026-I.img.gz

This build is built for KI Pro, for other S905 device replace dtb (Nougat) in SD.

Installing new addon services is broken. After installing new services (tvheadend, oscam, ...) run vias ssh script 'fixaddonservices' and reboot box.

pvr.hts is already preinstalled you need only enable it.

TVheadend42 in Raybuntu repository is broken use service.tvheadend42-9.0.112e.zip.

You can use this .img for upgrade already prepared SD card putting it to /storage/.update.

If you upgrading from MM version don't forget add Nougat dtb in /storage/.update.

For older TV or DVI connection switch to RGB use following ssh command and reboot box.

Code
    echo "echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Don't install this version to internal NAND. This is only pre alpha version. There are massive frame skippings UHD fps > 30.

For live debug info use keyboard shortcut Shift-Ctrl-O.

Netflix/Amazon Prime VOD Support

Run the following:

curl -Ls http://nmacleod.com/public/libreelec/getwidevine.sh | bash

Then install one of the following addons:

Netflix addon or install netflix repository from "LibreELEC Addon" repository, and install "netflix" from the netflix repository.

Amazon Prime VOD addon

Tvheadend is different project, for principal issues you have to complain on tvheadend forum. But I had the same question on tvheadend forum and Jaroslav Kysela explain me: ATSC-C means DVB-C Annex B. BTW there is no standard ATSC-C, this is only introduced by tvheadend.

Thanks for the reply. I do have a roof aerial (which I'm pretty much stuck with for now) but do get the occasional glitch on HD signals using the tuner built-in to the TV so there could be some signal issues. I think I'm only about 12 miles from the transmitter with not much in between. Could it be that my old USB tuner is more sensitive and works better with a weaker signal? I could plug the old tuner in but I went for the KI Pro to remove some of the cables hanging out the box. I'll attach my service.log just in case it shows up anything useful/interesting.

Oh also unrelated to this issue I noticed that the HDMI cable supplied with the KI Pro wouldn't supply any CEC data, changing cables fixed it but it seemed a bit odd.

I see from log there are issues only with 745.8 and 777.8. They only use mode DTG-3, all other muxes use DTG-6 or DTG-8. I am sure issue is in weak signal. Changing little bit frequency can improve signal. Most important is SNR. Verify it in tvheadend->Status->Stream for every mux. SNR have to be >25 dB

I've just got a KI Pro to replace a Mini MX III with an external USB DVB-T tuner but I'm having a bit of an issue in TVHeadend. The muxes on frequencies 745.833Mhz and 777.833Mhz are failing to scan on the KI Pro, but not on the old box using a "Silicon Labs Si2168" adaptor. If I manually choose 746Mhz and 778Mhz it scans ok but the network discovery thing seems to want to add back the old frequencies. It also seems to be duplicating some of the channels but assigning different channel numbers to them.

Same results with kszaq's 8.1.3 and 8.0.2e releases. I'm in UK using the Tacolneston transmitter (Tacolneston (Norfolk, England) Full Freeview transmitter | UK Free TV 📺). I'm attaching the logs but I'm not sure if they're the right ones, and sorry if my explanation doesn't make much sense! :p

Any ideas?

edit: I think the duplicate channel thing might be unrelated. It seems some channels are being moved around by Freeview.

You can disable network discovery in tvheadend. I verified predefined muxes in tvheadend for Tacolneston, UK and the data are correct. Most likely issue is in weak signal. Try to use antenna with better gain.

P.S.

For fixing issues in tvheadend you have to add log from tvheadend:

/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log

afl1 , now your builds with nougat kernel supports wetek dvb again? codesnake fixed this driver . I tested it on kszaq test build with nougat kernel and works nice

I stopped build Krypton versions (LE 8.x) as there are fully supported internal dvb driver in versions by kszaq. Also Krypton development stopped, there are no fixes for rendering (skipped frames). I am following Leia development, but there are CPU performance issues in rendering. Only S912 versions has acceptable builds for now.