Posts by afl1

2ami there are no version LE 8.2.11, LE 8.2.20. Also 3.91 oscam emu is unsupported version by LE community.

Have u read this post [READ FIRST] Reporting bugs. In very first point is: Always post full log., not only the part you think is relevant.

Sorry, I am teetotaler, no beers.

In my build is the same driver as in kszaq. The issue can be only in tvheadend version.

For this test build I need feedback about channel zapping speed and quality. There is main difference.

Huum, 8.1.9 is working fine here - with K2 Pro !!, but i was playing around with another k2 unit i got ... and just tried out AlexElec fork 2.32 - in SDCard.

I just notice he TVH is much newer then this one, also on his version - i can have Bouquets running with ... and scan for my DVB-S2 70w and also DVB-C NetHD - in Brazil was much easy and fine.

Its anything related to his dtb tree or because his TVH build ?

Can we update TVH to newer one or its really related to Libreelec build ( i didn´t tried yet play around with dtb from one to the other )

The latest TVH 4.3.513:

service.tvheadend42-8.2.200a.zip

Hi, I'm using K1 plus Combo both internal satellite and terrestrial tuners actively. Have been using afl1's 8.0 builds for a long time. I have always observed that some DVB-S2 transponders are scanned twice with a frequency fraction difference. ie. I can see muxes 12109H and 12109.5H, both with 20 scanned services with the same parameters, both plays nicely the same content. Some can be scanned correctly only for the fractional one, like 11914H is scan failed while 11914.5H is OK with 37 services. My satellite is Astra 3B 23.5E. I have used to live with that, but now I have bought second box and installed LE 8.1.8 and I can see some behavoir differences. The fractional muxes remains, but there is also some dupes like 12343.5H, both scanned OK, but one with 21 services and the second with 22 services. Does somebody else have same "problem" ? Any suggestion how to overcome this ? Right now I'm just setting the other mux as Ignored.

bydbx

Tvh log is boring, nothing special:

This tvh behavior is cause by "Network discovery". Default transponders database is outdated. On Astra 23.E most of transponders are changed to DVB-S2. If it is allowed Network discovery: "New muxes + changed muxes", during scanning are discovered new muxes with correct parameters. Verify all parameters for transponder. E.g. Pilot setting can cause this 22/21 difference.

You can overcome this by not using default db. You only enter single mux and all other muxes will be discovered.

I gave up building LE-9.0 Leia as currently it is in very alpha stage with lot of issue for Amlogic HW decoding.

I did some investigations in kodi controlling amlogic hw decoding. There is, I think, very stupid communication with kernel amlogic decoder. You can check only input buffer size, output buffer isn't updated. You can only guess from overfeeding input buffer, there are prepared decoded packets. This approach has one issue, packets have variable sizes (from kBs to MBs). The combination of large and small packets can lead to guessing wrong decoder status and skipping frames. I introduce concept of time-to-display frame to better guess availability of next decoded frame. Time-to-display allowed me decrease level of input buffer feeding to gain faster channel zapping (~1sec). I also found the number of render buffers 4 isn't enough I extended them to 8. In my logs I see usage of 6 render buffers.

Testing build corresponding LE 8.1.8:

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel-201709190111-gd562e8e-I.img.gz

Build is prepared for KI Pro, for other models replace dtb.

Release notes:

- faster channel zapping;

- more stable high bitrate playback;

- fix for chapter skipping (fix for ffmpeg reporting wrong chapter position);

I'm having problems at low frequencies. ... Example: 123000000 Should not you drive the drive to afl1? If the correct posting location is elsewhere. I anticipate my apologies. But I found it more logical to post in this sequel.

There is something that can do to better the force and to tune these frequencies.

I am using version 8.1.7 in a ki plus.

I think low frequency is 20 Hz. Sorry, you have to better specify your issue and provide debug logs.

Pls, read [READ FIRST] Reporting bugs.

OK, after hours of playing with tvh, here is my finding so far

EDIT : oops to early to celebrate, now i still can not find most of channels which is easily discover by cheap stb, i dont remember how i could scan channel on the first time, i though by changing values in adapter file, but after second retry on a clean system, it keeps saying scan no data, poll time out, retune no data blabla, here i attach the log, hope crazycat or afl1 might have a look why this tuner keeps failing find channels on c-band satelite, is it the driver or wrong tvhsetup on my side :(

Pls, always provide complete log file.

Mux default definition for transponders in tvh can be outdated. Verify muxes with lyngsat.com definitions. In your log I see a lot of wrong transponder definitions (3814V, 3520H, 3644H, 3714H, ...).

Also verify Configuration->Channel/EPG->EPG Grabber Modules: 'Over-the air: EIT: DVB Graber' have to be allowed.

I found also that media_build doesn't compile (at least in 8.0.2b) because of patches that can't be applied. Could you please check that ? I think this is the same for 8.0.2c.

media_build has non standard build procedure and sometimes there is wrong file caching causing build error. Try submit command

Code
    scripts/clean media_build

If error is still presented, try once more again clean script.

In version 8.0.2c kszaq has included internal dvb driver in his builds. There was little change, he replaced my tuner driver (r848) with cracycat69 media_build version. For testing I prepared version with old tuner driver.

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel-201708241138-g8c1f5c4-I.img.gz

In this version submitting command lsmod you can can see r848a module.

afl1

Has installed on sdcard your firmware LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel-201708221034-g8c1f5c4-I.img.rz and service.tvheadend42-8.2.112e.zip. Tuned tvneadend, all transoders. Sat channels all show off excellent. Turned out K1 plus. After 20 minutes, turned on and tvneadend no signal. I reboot K1 plus. And all the channels show perfectly. I scribbled two log files. One after switching on. The second after the reboot.

Thanks for your work!

There is again issue with channel THT HD.

Code
    2017-08-22 16:49:55.511 [   INFO] subscription: 0003: "127.0.0.1 [  | Kodi Media Center ]" subscribing on channel "THT HD", xweight: 150, adapter: "Availink avl6862 #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "36e", mux: "12015.18R", provider: "HTB+", service: "THT HD", profile="htsp", hostname="127.0.0.1", username="127.0.0.1", client="Kodi Media Center"
    2017-08-22 16:50:06.276 [WARNING] subscription: 0003: service instance is bad, reason: No input detected

Pls try clean installation from scratch with fresh DVB-S scan.

I tried more times power off/on on my box without any issue.