Posts by tomstephens89

Are you able to test directly to TV without the Denon? I can do so when I get home later.

With resolution set to 3840x2160 @ 30FPS, I have not had this issue occur once in the last 2 weeks. The UI is more sluggish but its not slow. I always use 'adjust display refresh rate' on start/stop as well.

There's a problem with 60FPS output, how do we work out if its a Denon problem or a Pi problem though.... Could run directly into the TV for a while I suppose but this may be a false test as I won't be passing through DTS/Dolby HD etc.

I bet its the raspberry Pi to be honest.... Denon receivers are a long standing top selling AV product. I bet theres far less people forcing 60Hz output on raspberry Pi's than there are Denon users with standard AV equipment.

I had the exact same problem as described in the first post. My setup is Pi 5 8GB connected to Denon AVR X2800HDAB connected to Sony Bravia XR55A80L. If the Pi source was selected/active on Denon while booting up Pi everything worked fine. As soon as I changed the source on Denon and then tried to get back to Pi I would not get video (No signal) in 50+% cases. Audio, on the other hand, worked (I could hear UI sounds).

That was the case as long as I had Pi connected to CBL/SAT or Media Player HDMI input on Denon. Moving Pi to AUX1 or AUX2 HDMI input (two of three 8K ports on Denon), for some reason, solved the issue. Switching to Pi source now works flawlessly.

I'm running Pi at 3840x2160, 60Hz with this added to the cmdline.txt:

Code
    video=HDMI-A-1:3840x2160M@60D,margin_left=0,margin_right=0,margin_top=0,margin_bottom=0

In addition to that, I added the following to the config.txt:

Code
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    disable_overscan=1

I will try this, namely changing to one of the other inputs, I am using CBL/SAT.

If that doesn’t do it I’ll add those hdmi hot plug and overscan lines to my config.

If changing the input alone does this, I wonder what’s special about those on Denon AVRs.

Hi all, I have a small issue where upon turning on my TV/AVR (Pi is on 24/7), I have to change away from and back to the RPi source in order to get a signal. AVR is a Denon AVR-X 3600H.

If the RPi has been idle for sometime, and my Denon AVR starts up with the TV input selected (usually use the TV remote power button to turn on), changing to the RPi/LE source results in 'No Signal'.... I then change the source to something else, then back to the RPi/LE and I have signal. I have CEC enabled on the TV, AVR and the Pi. I usually use the TV's power button on remote to turn the TV and AVR on/off in one. Kodi will switch the AVR source and control volume via CEC, I understand it doesn't turn off or on with it though which is fine.

Any ideas what the cause of this is? A setting on the RPi? Or something on the Denon AVR? Its not the end of the world, but is slightly annoying and takes away from the 'slickness' of my living room media set up having to do the remote juggle.

To be fair, the difference between SDR content and 'base' HDR10 content is so massive that it makes me wonder if DV or HDR10+ is actually worth caring about at all.

The reason I started this thread is because I recently bought a £3K Sony 77" Bravia OLED TV and wanted to know if I am missing out on 'experience'.

Ive been a long time happy user of LE/Kodi on a Pi4 8GB. The audio/video support is second to NONE. The buffering/cache options are great for smoothing out the experience for non local content and it just works.

I started my journey with LE, with a USB HDD connected to the Pi4. I then changed to an FTP/S backend with a server (in a datacenter), but still with local library. Today I run a Jellyfin server on 13th Gen intel hardware with a massive drive array etc... in a datacenter and use the Jellyfin Kodi plugin to sync the libraries.

LE on a Pi4 in my experience DESTROYS everything else I have tried, including the Nvidia Shield TV Pro (which people rave on about)... Yes it does DV, but the hardware is dated, its underpowered and doesn't have enough RAM for high bitrate content.

I am awaiting delivery of a Pi 5 8GB which I plan to make my main media center system and retire the Pi4 to the bedroom.

In short.... There doesn't appear to be one single perfect device out there which supports everything.... But the best around in my opinion is certainly LibreElec on the Pi 4 (and hopefully 5).

No Dolby Vision or HDR10+? Meh.... I don't think im missing out on much at this point.