Posts by VLouis

I going to convert my 6TB HDD to EXT4 as soon as I free up a PC to install Linux on that's fast enough to transfer everything from backup to the reformatted disk.

You don't need to install linux for that. You could use a "Live linux" from USB stick. Tip: search for "Ventoy" (booting ISO directly from USB stick) and "Xubuntu". Just be carefull, "playing" with partitions could lead to data lost...

i just got it a sundisk last year. everything been work I had retropie along with kodi on it. I have a portable hard drive aka DV drive connected to the raspberry pi 4. All the Videos are in MP4 and i had no problem. during the summer this year that same error popped up and a few days ago, it appear again

That "error" looks like an SD-Card issue... so get an another SD-card, install the LE, and try it... The fact "that device worked well before" not means is working now too... And an SD-card isn't something expensive or hard to find.

That "portable hard drive aka DV drive" have own power supply or draw the power from the USB connector? If powered from USB, could be a power source issue (if without that hard drive always booting fine). For external HDD never recommended to be powered from USB.

Hi, in the past I had some similar HDMI issues (RPi3B LE), always because of display recognition (HDMI cable, TV in StBy when the RPi booted). Basically if the LE don't "see" the diplay at the end of the HDMI cable... no picture at all. Did you tried with another display? Always power up first the display than the RPi to be able to "read" the display capabilities. Also you can try some settings in the config.txt related to the HDMI output (force HDMI, preset resolution... search for the config.txt documentation). In the case of the LE11/12, I think the display resolution settings are moved to the "cmdline.txt". Also you could try it with another OS (Raspberry Pi OS?). It's not impossible to be an RPi3 hardware issue, but in most of the cases is something else, don't give up so easy.

I am using the analog output on the Pi, to a dumb stereo with no surround sound, etc.

Hi,

Do you have audio-video synchronization issue between the HDMI video and the analog audio output? I tried to use same thing in the past with my RPi3B, and had that issue. Don't know is in the case of RPi4B is same situation. Also the analog audio output had poor sound quality. I switched to use the GPIO digital sound output (I2S). I'm using now this, it's cheap but need some wireing to be connected, or you can use an HifiBerry-Hat built with RPi GPIO comaptible connector. I think that analog audio is on the RPi just to have a minimal sound output, mostly when is used without display. Even for a "dumb stereo with no surround sound" should be used something better when you want to listening some music.

Hi, maybe take a look here.

Another device, another issue... I'm using LE with RPi, in the case when the RPi restart, when the TV is in standby, had EDID issue, so I made an EDID dump with "getedid create" command. Something similar you can try... If you can save your TV's edid data with another device and put it in the right place in your Wetek?

So my board seems to work at all and is not broken as I thought before. What I don't understand, that it is rcognized as "HifiBerry DAC" not as Digi2-Pro. And of cause, why it doesn't work with LE.

Did you tried to add to the LE config.txt the "dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac" line?

It's interesting why the HifiberryOS detected your boards chip as "pcm5102a". Can post here a picture with your Hifiberrry board, and another one with the chip used on the board?

Update: several hours of testing have shown some progress: I set the WiFi router to use only IEEE802.11b/g and moved the RPi closer to the router (right next to it, in fact). Suddenly the problem disappeared.

Then I moved the RPi away from the router again (to the point where the WiFi signal was barely enough to be useable) and LE now complains again with the "invalid-key" error and requests that I enter the "correct" key.

So off-hand this does seem to be related to WiFi protocol implementations in some routers and/or signal strength/quality.

Yeah, the tiny RPi onboard wifi antenna... probably a case again where the size is matter :)

I'm doesn't had the "invald-key" problem, only the weak signal and unstable connection... so I disabled the the onboard wifi (config.txt) and I'm using an USB wifi dongle with external antenna. Far better wifi connection. If you have an USB wifi dongle or can borrow one for testing, try it...

I'm using an unusual solution for this. Because I had too many issues with HDMI-CEC, I connected an IR receiver and an IR LED to the RPi's GPIO. Now I'm using an MCE IR remote to control the LE, with modified function of the remote "power" button, when is pressed, first send a "Stop" command to the Kodi, then send few times the propper "power" signal to the TV thru IR LED. I'm using same button to switch on the TV, just need to be pressed twice (first to wake up the Kodi).

Hi,

A good starting point could be to take a look at the CEC settings:

Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals -> CEC Adapter.

It's a posibility your RPi have random reboots, and thru HDMI-CEC to "grab" the TV input when the LE starting.

If you don't use the CEC (control the Kodi with the TV remote), better to disable it completelly.

Another thing is why your RPi have random reboots (if have it...)...

Hi, I'm trying to understand what do you want... When you pressing the "Power" button on the TV remote, switching off the TV, want to the Kodi/LE to detect it via HDMI cable and to send a general "Stop" command to Kodi to stop all media playings ("saving power and bandwidth")? Because you often forget to stop the player before to switch of the TV?

I think that Plan B assumes that i have a linux pc and a second hard drive with at least 2.5 tb (the data that i need to backup). I don't have the 2 conditions.

Then plan a : I will follow some tutorials on using parted that i found on the net. If it works thats great. If no, i will only loose my library. I will survive

I see a lot of peaple here having the same issue with ntfs. If my experience works, i will share the steps. Maybe it wil help some of them to migrate to ext4.

Take a look to the Ventoy project, you can make your thumb drive to boot almost any (bootable) ISO file.

What you want to do, with resizing, moving data and resizing again on same disk, is risky. If anything go wrong you will lose all your 2.5TB data. So if you have a possibility, save your data somewhere else, boot a live linux (GParted, Ubuntu...) and change the partition to EXT4, than copy back your data.

If you will try the "plan a", the risky way, for NTFS partition resize, the MiniTool Partition Manager installed on Windows PC is a good idea, but for creating/copying/resizing the EXT4 I recommend to use a (live) Linux OS.

And if you that 6TB drive will want to use with Windows too, maybe you can consider to use EXFAT partition instead of EXT4. In this case you can use your windows pc and the MiniTool Partition Manager.

I returned back to Raspberry Pi 3 and want to have two sound outputs: HDMI (for watching movies) and HiFi-Berry Analog (for listening music, when TV is off).

Hi, If I understod correctly, you don't need to have simultaneous audio, just to be used the HDMI for video files and the HiFi-Berry for music. For that I'm using the "Audio Profiles" addon to change automatically the audio output for different type of media (in my case HDMI for movies, TV and HiFi-Berry for music - net radio).

However my system appears to be working ok.

Hi, Upgrade from LE9 to LE10/11 is not recommended because too many things is changed and that often lead to different problems. But that not means always ends with problems. I suggest to you, test your system and if you don't found any issue, keep it as is now.