Posts by gschmidt

Could you do a reproducable speedtest while connected to the server?

Oh I found a speedtest.py on the Github.
    I will test the VPN connection (tomorrow I hope)
    But this my speed without OpenVPN

Code
    /storage$ python speedtest.py
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Ziggo (xxx.xx.xxx.xxx)... (I've hide the IP)
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by IP Visie Networking BV (Rotterdam) [36.86 km]: 17.476 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 90.14 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed....................................................................................................
    Upload: 15.26 Mbit/s

When I look at my openvpn.log I notice 3 things:

• Why is UDP port 53 used and not 1194 (manual openvpn tutorials)
    • On the PureVPN server list on their site "nl1-ovpn-udp.pointtoserver.com" is mentioned for the Netherlands but from the VPN Manager is "nl1-ovpn-udp.purevpn.net" selected...Why?
    • ERROR: Linux route add command failed: external program exited with error status: 2

Hi,

I am having a problem with the VPN Manager with PureVPN connection. Login details and First VPN Connection (UDP) are set and is valid, but very slow connection in the add-ons I have excluded and no streams found in the addons I want to use the VPN connection for.
    As soon as I delete the VPN Manager, everything is smooth and working again.

I have Installed VPN Manager on top of my existing LE 7.0.2 (add-ons already installed) System
    Network setup is Router(DD-WRT) behind Router/Modem (Cisco from ISP)

Anyone an idea what cause these problems?

Please use legitimate keys and see with Spotify support how to obtain one.

For the audio software "Volumio 2" somebody created a Spotify Connect Plugin (also based on the Fornoth Spotify-Connect-Web) that installs its own spotify_app_key! I have tested Volumio 2 and the plugin on a RPi 2b and it works, so maybe this is also an option for your add-on/Service?

Check the readme.md on this site

volumio-plugins/plugins/music_service/volspotconnect at master · balbuze/volumio-plugins · GitHub

Hi man,

Just select 7ch output on your receiver. Music sounds much better this way....for Movies switch back to the surround decoder.

Greetzzz,

Gerben

Thank you for this interesting lead.
    Do you know where I can find the source of volumio, especially how it calls spotify-connect-web?

I think it is the same Fornoth spotify-connect-web as you use but then on a volumio 1.55 build, but didn't try it yet on the new volumio 2 build. Here is a volumio forum link where i got the info Spotify Connect : Development talks - Volumio

But for the installation i just followed the Fornoth github page and used the pre-built chroot installation

Hello!

I would not have been aware of spotify-connect-web without your feature request.
    Thank you for pointing it out.

As for displaying details of the currently played song in Kodi, it is certainly possible.
    My skills in Kodi/Python are however quite limited, and I will therefore leave it to someone else.

Moreover:
    - you can already get these details from your Spotify app and from the web user interface
    - spotify-connect-web can play music (via a sound system) when the display (the tv) is turned off
    - spotify-connect-web is still alpha, and therefore is likely to change/die

It is therefore doubtful that this feature is worth the effort

Well i could think of one thing. When i have a party at my Home it would be nice to show the playlist/current song on the TV screen, so if others add music to the playlist they and all other non-djees can follow it on the screen...;-)

One other techical thing.
    I have compared the alsa sound quality with the volumio/spotify connect sound....it looks like the volumio version has better soundquality. More brighter in the frequenties or better dynamic range...don't know how to explain this exactly. Both are set to 320.

Hey Awiouy,

Great plugin man! Exactly what I had in mind when I started the thread in "feature requests" and it saves me an extra RPI for audio.
    Would it also be possible to view the details of the currently played song in Kodi besides the webserver?

I think snapcast doesn't control the spotify connect devices. The snapcast server grabs the spotify connect audio or any other audio stream, and sent it to the clients. But installing spotify connect on all clients also gives the user the choice to control them seperately too. And it seems that snapcast has much better synchronized performance over wifi.

I am gonna test next week. I was waiting for Volumio 2, which has snapcast integrated, but the beta version has still some other issues for my pi's, therefor i Have to manually install it.

And it would be even more interesting if it also has a multi-room audio setup with audio synchronization...
    According to this thread it should be possible with snapcast:

ALSA Resample Input - Use more Player with Snapcast · Issue #45 · badaix/snapcast · GitHub

This Guy has 3 pi's running synchronized spotify connect, but also can act seperately as a spotify connect device...nice for parties or to extend your livingroom music outdoors in the summer...

Only thing is that the user need some ssh and Linux knowledge. It would be nice to wrap this in a LE program or music add-on where the user in the config page can set the premium account login details, upload the spotify application.key and set the options like "Device Name" and streaming quality.

By the way nickr to your reply: i thought that kodi was meant as a multi media center which means pics, video and music...when it comes to music, spotify is a market leader and this way both iOS (airplay) and Android users can stream/play music to LE without sitting in front of a (TV) screen.