New build has just been pushed, all new builds after v1.0.0 will now automatically update once you reboot your box after it has downloaded.
@routir I think you would be better to install Android and run it along side the Android version of Kodi if you require this
@Gendo Thank you for your pull request, I have merged it, I wasn't aware about the addons not being available
@ChimeyJimmey As above, a new build will be pushed later tonight that will auto update itself in the future and include Gendos patch for inputstream.adaptive, I also don't own an S912 device so I don't really wan't to put something out there that I can't personally debug and test, sorry.
- On S905X box - inputstream adaptive suddenly disappeared and cannot be activated/installed manually. Hence - no amazon & netflix...
- On S905 box - no such issue.
Can you please post steps to reproduce this bug and I will look into it as it's an S905X box I use myself, thanks.
On another note, I will be pushing a more final build towards the end of the work that will auto update so people can stay on the very latest bleeding edge build if they so wish.
Thanks for the feedback, I wasn't aware somebody had already made a Leia build, I can't speak for Gendo's build as I haven't looked at his source however I have merged most of kszaq's work into the master branch from scratch taking into account patches that have been superceeded and reworking older ones to make them compatible for Leia, I will push the source code later tonight I used to build this image.
LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for Amlogic S905/S912 devices.
Read this first: [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905X/S912 device
- These are unofficial, community supported builds so please post all bugs/issues in this forum area only.
- These builds are highly experimental and based upon the LibreELEC master branch and as such should never be considered stable.
- I work on these builds in my free time. I also don't know a lot of things so please be kind and patient if you encounter any bugs.
- Bugs? Read this first: [READ FIRST] Reporting bugs
- if you choose a device tree with LIRC support, you have to configure your remote control from the scratch (amremote cannot work toghether with LIRC)
- I'd like to thank kszaq as without his work then none of this would be possible, device support for this build is based upon his 8.2 branch!
- I'd like to thank afl1 for adding DVB support to these builds and for all his contributions to the project.
- I'd like to thank johngalt for his work on improving the Nougat kernel and making HDR available!
- I'd like to thank GDPR-1 for keeping me going and encouraging this project.
Note on downloads:
- Odroid C2 is not supported, use the build by GDPR-1
- If you experience freezing then downgrade to kszaq's 8.2 -temp_sensor_disabled version
- If upgrading from 7.0/8.0 builds remember to update the device tree!
If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot:
- don't panic!
- if booting from SD/USB, simply connect SD/USB to your computer, download a proper device tree, rename it to dtb.img and place on SD/USB
- if booting from internal:
- Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
- Login over SSH and execute dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
- Power off, remove SD/USB, boot from internal.
Choose .img.gz file for burning to a new usb drive or SD card and choose .tar if you are upgrading
Device trees: here
Known issues and important notes:
- SAMBA/SMB/Shared folder issues? Read this blog post first
- Built-in DVB tuners may or may not work and supported only for "K" series devices. For "K" series I use driver from afl1 with some modifications, please do not report issues with the driver to him!
- 4K support is experimental.
- 3D and HDR are not supported, i.e. they might work but I don't provide support.
- CEC might not work when your box has incompatible u-boot or your TV is not that well supported by Amlogic low-level CEC driver.
kszaq please can you push the tag to github for 8.1.10-rc1 thanks
Both TX3 (S905) and TX3 Pro (S905X) work
Couldn't find the remote for the non-pro Tanix TX5, but I have added a few remote confs to this zip. One of them may work.
If people could post their remote.conf and brand of box I will add them to the zip.
For people installing this via TWRP. Here is the 2016-10-11 update zip.
TX3/TX5 remote.conf Zj3ZkTpN =)
GDPR-2 Thanks a lot!
Then I can format my SD to any format recognised by the box and that's it? Any recommended format?
Again, thank you for the quick reply, will try this tomorrow.
Only format it after you have install LibreELEC to the NAND, Rufus takes care of everything before hand, after everything is installed I would probably just stick with FAT32 unless you plan store files bigger than 4GB on it. Good luck.
Short video of LE booting on the S905X,
What exactly does one need to do in order to install to the internal memory?
Also, any idea why was the SD card not being recognised? I'd only flash to internal to use my micro SD card as storage for Kodi so, if that doesn't work for some reason, there's no point in flashing to internal.
What was your SD card format before you formatted it to ext4?
It does work if you wish to do that.
Use Rufus to burn kszacs image to a microSD in dd mode
Put microSD in your box and hold the reset button on the bottom and then plug the power in whilst keeping hold of the reset button
When LibreELEC boots, enable SSH in the initial configuration wizard
Use PuTTY to SSH to your box (can find your box IP in system info)
Type installtointernal on the shell
Just thought I would share something back to the community, TX3 Pro remote config BFMuKNGN
Spent all evening figuring out the correct key mappings as none of the keymaps I found online had worked.
kszaq your latest image works great on the TX3 Pro 1G/8G, no more mount issue, seems to enter and resume from standby and no issues with installtointernal as well
Can't see any issues so far everything works.
Cracking progress, massive improvement over Kodi on Android.
Suspend is something I am working on now, it is expected not to work in this build.
Do you have any VP9 videos that you can test hardware decoding on? I have added some basic code to enable it and I'm wondering if it works (no S905X here yet to test).
kszaq you wouldn't mind telling me how to compile your sources would you, I'm getting build errors with "PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j4 image"
- Usage: /home-new/adamg/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007-adamg/linux-bca261f/scripts/depmod.sh /sbin/depmod <kernelrelease> <symbolprefix>
- Makefile:1048: recipe for target '_modinst_post' failed
- make: *** [_modinst_post] Error 1
- make: Leaving directory '/home-new/adamg/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007-adamg/linux-bca261f'
- Makefile:12: recipe for target 'image' failed
- make: *** [image] Error 2
Just tried the build by garyang and it works flawlessly, just the remote.conf is missing which is simple enough to fix.
Everything seems to work from what I have tried, even installing onto the NAND seems to work great and so much faster than with the Android bloat, the only problem I noticed was if you stress the box too much it seems to freeze and you have to pull the power.
Tried the image posted by kszaq on TX3 Pro S905X, 1G/8G, boots then comes back with the following message after restarting.
Checking /dev I can see the sdcard as mmcblk1