Posts by everlanes

Please test following update: http://jernej.libreelec.tv/test/vp9/ If it works, I'll PR fix/workaround.

Yes, I can confirm that this update fixes my problems. All my test movies are working now. Thanks a lot, awesome work. My family will love it.

Side note: only 4K (4000x2250) movie was to slow. Music was correct but video was slow, hanging and jumping. For me that is no issue, as I don't have a 4K TV anyway.

everlanes sorry, a bit late, but nevertheless: http://jernej.libreelec.tv/test/vp9/ If you have issue with any VP9 video except 10-bit (currently unsupported by the driver), please provide short (5 - 30 seconds) video sample.

Also a bit late, I gave it a try. Sadly it did not help. I did a few tests with "Big Buck Bunny". Used the original movie (Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 4000x2250 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 10002 kb/s, 60 fps, 60 tbr, 60k tbn, 120 tbc (default)) and converted it to different codecs and resolutions (see the script change.sh in the cloud link below):

Codec h264: worked for all resolutions - so it is not depending on the movie size

Codec VP9: worked for some resolutions, but not for all:

• All movies with width >= 785px and width <= 1280 are working (4k was not working)
    • starting from width <= 784 px movies are scambled - especially 720x576 - DVD (see image in cloud link below)
    • made one test with 320x240 - this was working

It is somehow depending on the width, not the height of the movie. Especially the DVD resolution 720x576 is not working - very sad for my kids, cause a lot of children movies and tv shows are in this format.

Libreelec VP9
    Nextcloud - a safe home for all your data
    nextcloud.brinner.net

I also have an Onkyo TX-NR626 connected to an Tanix TX6 with Allwinner H6. For me it works out of the box:

I use the VP9 test image and playing movies, music and Youtube all works well. But I remember that I once had problems with Onkyo and HDMI and resolved it with a new HDMI cable.

Hi jernej,

I gave it a try and it worked like a charm. Thanks!

When playing VP9 encoded movies on a Tanix TX6 with Allwinner H6 the load average dropped from >5 to 1.x. Without HW Accel the movie stopped playing and skipped multiple seconds when the image was very dynamic. With hwaccel the movie played without any problem. Great!

Sadly, today I found a bug, probably related to the VP9 hw acceleration. My TV is nativ 1920x1080 and connected via HDMI. When playing VP9 movies with lower resolution (720x576) the image is scrambled with green vertical bars.

Playing VP9 1920x1080 movies works fine (see introduction). Also playing a h264 encoded movie with 720x576 works.

Could the problem be related to VP9 hwaccel and upscaling?

Cheers, Andreas