Posts by MacNoname

Thanks a lot for your hints. :)

a) I concluded, that there' s a problem with TVH and the SMB or UNIX rights, because the error comes directly within the startentries of TVH in the log and DEBUG-log.

b) I had a closer look at the picon section and the settings in the webgui of TVH again. After I've seen, that some (not all) channels now get the channel logo from file:///storage/picons/tvh after I changed some settings as supposed, I guess now, the the SMB error in the log have other reasons, which I have to find out. I'll post it here.

c) Anyway: It seems, that I've to build my own smb.conf (it isn't my first :) ) - but I still wonder, where the settings for the "build in shares" (Recordings, Picons, Backup, Music, Update etc.) are hidden....

Greetings

R.

Hello again!

I'm not sure, where to put this thread (addon or general), so I try it here.

A routine check of the kodi.log shows, that TVH obviously has no rights to load the chanel icons) beneath several othe shares):

Code
     ERROR <general>: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://192.168.XXX.XXX/Picons/tvh'
                                                       unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

I can reach all the smb shares on the Librelec (10.0.1) RPi 4 from all other devices - without any problems. I also checked the UNIX rights on the folders, which seems to be alright (40755 - that should grant read rights to all local users, or?).

Where can I check and change the SMB-rights within Libreelec (the smb.conf just contains the min/max smb Versions and an include row) - or do I really have to create a brad new smb.con by my own?

Thanks in advance! :)

R.

EDIT: I use TvH 4.2.8-36...

A closer look at the comparsion of the code (gui.py) of the screensaver version 5.0.9 in LE 9.2, which worked perfectly, with the code in version 6.3.3 (which does not), let me guess, that there must be the reason in using python3 modules "exifread" and "iptcinfo3" (instead of EXIFvfs and ipctinfo in LE 9.2.). That are the main differences - and the main reasons of my problems, in my opinion. As I'm no programmer, my capabilities are at an end, for now. I decide to downgrade my whole environment back to LE 8.2 an Kodi 18 Lea, because this workes perfectly for me.

Thanks for every support I received here.

Short appendix

Little steps forward:

a) I found out by myself where to edit charactersets within the application of the screensaver (guy.py), but I'didn't get a satisfying result yet

b) Reading the Kodi Log, I found the following line:

"ERROR <general>: WARNING: problems with charset recognition (b'\x1b')

After a short research, I guess it belongs to problems with python 3 and "iptcinfo", as far I understood it ("the code is parsing the value of Iptc.Envelope.CharacterSet wrong" someone wrote elsewhere). Or am I totally wrong? I'll keep on investigating ... :)

Each Kodi version bump necessitates some rework from add-on authors, which creates an opportunity to fiddle and change things, and K18 > K19 included the Python2 > Python3 change which almost certainly mandated some rework. So where, say, the Krypton and the Leia versions of the add-on are probably quite similar, the Leia and Matrix versions are very likely to have bigger changes. The author is key..

Hi!

It seems, that I'll recieve no answer to my questions from the author.

Thanks a lot for your support. In case I'll find the/a solution, I'll post it here.

R.

Sorry, it's not clear. Did setting the locale work? .. or you made some other changed that worked? Or it is still not working?

:) - no matter.

a) I installed an rebooted the system the way you suggested.

b) Afterwards I edited the EXIF-Data of some pictures with my windows program and saved them (standard presentations: XMP instead EXIF).

c) Obviously, that worked fine in the screensaver (all muted vowels were shown)

Because it worked under LE 9.2, b) is not the desired soution, as this means to edit manually thousands of pictures .....

So far now clear? Anyway, thanks for your replies and help!

R.

Did you install and then set the system locale to DE and reboot .. or just install the add-on?

I did it the way you said: Installing, set the system to the german locale and rebooted the system.

I also changed the presentation state within my photo program (from EXIF to XMP and IPTC) by incident. This succeeded to my surprise, but means in the end to touch and to edit thousands of pictures, which I try to avoid by all means, as you can imagine :-/ .

Greetings!

R.

LibreELEC repo > services > locale

OK. Thanks :) .

But I think, there was a missunderstanding. I thought, you meant a locale, that should be delievered with the add-on (a locale, which obviouslydoes not exist, I'm afraid). The Kodi/LE German locale worked fine before within Kodi/LE after the update. But inspite of that, I hopefully installed thle locale out of the rep - and it had no effect.

As you suggested, I posted it in the Kodi.tv blog an I'am still waiting for an answer. But I believe, that the problem is hidden in a change form LE 9.2 to LE 10..... :) I'll keep you informed ....

R.

Ahh, it's under screensavers. I looked under picture add-ons. See if installing/setting a German locale (use the locale add-on in our repo) makes any difference. If not, post the problem to here: Picture Slideshow Screensaver which is the authors support thread in the Kodi forums.

Hhmmm... I did not find a German local setting, For this add-on worked on LE 9.2.8 very well, I assumed, that it is a matter of LE 10 ... but I can post it there as additional information source, shure ..... :)

Hi everybody!

I'm not shure, if this thread schould be placed here - or in the "add-on" branch. I decide to settle it here first.

Preliminaries:

1) RPi 4, 4GB RAM

2) LE 10

3) Picture Slideshow Screensaver 6.3.3

The problem:

Under LE 9.2 the shown EXIF Data in the add-on "Picture Slideshow Screensaver" was complete right - inclusive the german muted vowels (Ää,Üü,Öö an the "ß"). Without touching the terms in Kodi/LE, under LE 10 this changes. I've got now "special characters" in place.

As a "non-professional" I experimented only with the settings in the Kondi standard skin - and - in the LE settings first, unfortunatly without any effect. My resarch in the net just gave me a hint to the different ways of saving those informations (XMP, EXIF, IPTC). If there is a way to solve it changing those settings in my prefered program that administrates my picures, this is not a real solution to touch thousends of pictures and editing something.

I'm aware, that it seems that the add-on is no longer supported/further developed, but ist still in the repository for Kodi 19, isn't it? If not, I didn't find an adequate add-on to replace it yet.

I would appreciate any hint, where LE 10 changes in comparison to 9.2 in the character settings - especially, as I did not change anything in that regional settings by updating the system.

Thanks a lot for any help!

R.

Always nice to see people solving their own Kodi problems. Did you change your password at all on the "server" end? Otherwise it's weird and would have been nice to know what difference the password.xml file now makes with the previous version.

Yes... :)

What do you mean with "on the "server" end"?

a) The FB? -> No

b) Kodi/LE -> No (at least not on purpose) :saint:

So ... it seems to be weired ... ?!

Differences between files: It is difficult, because I changed/deleted the shares in the meantime (because I tried to find out, why the system ist not working) ... so the files are different ...:-/

Therefore I analyzed the files if there are differences in control characters - but found none.

The only thing I noticed now, that descriptions in EXIF data of pictures presented in slideshows, are presented wrong (German font, for example muted vowels -> no ä, ü ö, etc, instead some symbols), as all regional settings in Kodi/LE are "de"/"german" (like it had been before und 9.2.). But I'll try to fix it .... :)

Thanks for your reply!

R.

Hi!

Preliminaries:

This ist my firts thread ever in a blog, so I apologize in advance for any "false" or "missing" description here.

I have experience in handling Windows- and Linux-Systems with SMB-Shares, but I'm not a real expert. So I tried several things in the last 3 days to solve the problem and spend a few hours in research in the net, without any success.

I'm aware of that LE 10 is brandnew to RPi4, so I'm not expecting a perfect System at that time :) . But this bug looks strange to me.

In short terms:

System:

1) LE 10 on RPi 4 since Sunday, 2021/15/08 (before that: LE 9.2.6/Kodi 18.9)

2) FritzBox 7590, OS 7.28, WD USB HDD on Fritz.nas, share, user and pw are set on the FB.

3) Every values/settings (especially SMB, Network) are proofed and worked fine since now. I know about the thousands threads in the net concerning problems with SMB1, Windows 10 etc., but this in definintly not the case here (or I'm totally wrong at all :-))

Description of the Problem:

1) under LE 9.2/Kodi 18.9 everythings works fine

2) after succesful Update to LE 10:

- Windows can reach KODI shares (an viceversa)

- Windows can reach the USB-HDD at the FB

- !! KODI Does not at any case!!

- Log at the FB says, that theres a wrong pw (but correct user!) as the KODIBOX tries to use the SMB-Service/USB-HDD, but it is definity not the case! The user and pw are correct ,
    I proofed it several times. Also a test with a change of user and pw did not succeed.

3) Within my research I found, that AVM banned SMB from their OS and replaced it to something called "NQCS", and that since then there were several othe Problems (wrong creation of ACL tables etc.) with SMB-shares in other cases, but I found no solution to mine. In fact, I believe that the problem refers to user/user-rights between LE 10 and the FB-share settings.

4) I've found no hint for changing somethin at the FB configuration (that makes no sense in my view, since LE 9.2 wirked fine with FB OS 7.28...). I tried all combinations of SMB1 - SMB3 values on both sides (KODI (client and server) and FB, where SMB2/3 is since OS 7.x (?) bei default, SMB1 only to activate addionally, as far I understood all the manuals I read)

5) I also tried several common changes within the smb.conf(s) on the KODIBOX itself - without any effect to the SMB behaviour (towards the USB-HDD/any share at the FB, any other share in the LAN ist reachable).

6) Addionally things I noticed:

- The KODIBOX ist not visible in windows network, despite the actual SMB supports WS-Discovery Protocol (which replaces NETBIOS functionality from SMB1- or am I wrong?).

Questions:

1) Does anybody else have a similar problem?

2) Did I oversee something so obvious, that I didn't recognize it? (The Update went fine, so I didn't expect a mistake/change in the configuration terms from LE 9.2 to 10.0, which causes these problem)

3) Is there another hint to look for?

4) Is the only chance to return to my backup of LE 9.2? I can't believe, since everything else works perfect for me at the moment.

Thanks for any help!

R.

EDIT: Meanwhile I came to know another user with the same problem.