Posts by tomaszc

Provide a proper debug log.

The quoted message was not for me, but let me send my log:

https://paste.gg/p/anonymous/3a…f7d54b40441b14f

This is a crash log from the youtube plugin, this occurred after trying to search, however, the same thing often happens after youtube playback is complete when kodi returns to the list. After the crash LibreElec returns to the console and restarts kodi after a few minutes.

Other plugins also randomly cause crashes (e.g. plugin.video.invidious when trying to start a video, or during playback), but then LibreELEC completely crashes/freezes and writes nothing to kodi_crash.log

These problems started in nightly and your images after Feb 12. From my experience with python then upgrading from 3.7 to 3.8 shouldn't cause this kind of problems, if anything it's some syntax error or other exceptions but with every call, and here it happens very often but not every time. Unless under Kodi it works differently than normally running python scripts.

Just update with nightly and to my surprised it no longer crashes when playing between H264 and H265. Also it may not be 100% , H265 will not auto play from saved point but you can jump to the time using time input.

If there were changes, great work.

Unfortunately not to confirm this, on my device there is a hanging problem between h264 and h265 all the time.

Could you please do again the test described in RE: Official LE Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20) ?

Recently, my device (U2C Z SUPER, S912, meson-gxm-q200.dtb) crashes frequently.

After testing, I found a way to trigger this.

You will need at least these three files:

https://test-videos.co.uk/vids/bigbuckbunny/mp4/h264/1080/Big_Buck_Bunny_1080_10s_20MB.mp4

https://test-videos.co.uk/vids/bigbuckbunny/mp4/h265/1080/Big_Buck_Bunny_1080_10s_20MB.mp4

https://test-videos.co.uk/vids/bigbuckbunny/webm/vp9/1080/Big_Buck_Bunny_1080_10s_20MB.webm

Next:

- play the h264.mp4 file followed by h265.mp4

- or play the h264.mp4 file followed by vp9.webm

this causes my system to crash. Interestingly after reboot both h265 and vp9 played first work correctly.

I've tested on the newest versions of LibreElec:

LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-nightly-20220121-224be67.tar

LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.85.0.tar (2022-Jan-21 15:02)

Unfortunately I can't tell from which version this started happening.

Could someone please test this, so I can know if the problem only affects my device?

Thank you in advance.

No. In the x86 world the "Graphics Card" sort of combines everything into one device. In the ARM world GPU and VDEC are totally separate things. In an Amlogic box the Mali GPU (Panfrost or Lima drivers which are upstream and work great) accelerates rendering of the Kodi GUI via OpenGLES (squares and triangles are being drawn on the screen via maths) and an IP block on the core SoC (S905 etc.) decodes video frames for rasterising to a DRM (digital rendering manager) device like an HDMI tranceiver.

So since we have Mali GPU drivers (Panfrost or Lima) as I understand open source from Amlogic, what is Collabora working on? To fix HEVC?

I find HEVC to be "good, but not perfect" and it does have glitches, but the driver is unfinished and is not upstream so that's to be expected. If other players work better they are probably using software decode because it's not possible to use hardware decode without a ton of patches right now.

Some time ago, there was a post on LibreElec and Collabora Twitter about work on a driver for Mali T760 and newer:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If the driver is created and working, will it be possible to hardware decode without HEVC, just using this driver ( something like hwdec=auto in mpv) and solve the video rewind issues?

I don't quite understand how currently HEVC uses GPU hardware decoding if we don't have drivers.

chewitt

Could what you wrote about above be causing kodi to crash when trying to play widevine content?

So far I was using your latest Matrix compilation: LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.0.1-box.img.gz and here widevine worked.

After upgrading to the latest version LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.80.0.tar stopped working, changing to the nightly version LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-nightly-20211221-9284c92.tar from https://test.libreelec.tv/ didn't help either.

Disabling DRM PRIME hardware acceleration does not help.

Kodi crash log: https://termbin.com/fqdh

Maybe this is a bug in the alpha release of Kodi 20?

I regret that Kodi 19 compilations are not continued, perhaps it would be easier to determine the source of the problem in these situations. But of course I understand that with limited time it's better to focus immediately on a future release.

Thank you for your work, without it my device would be useless.

chewitt

You were right about the analog audio output.I tried again with the mixer settings and was able to get the audio to work on the jack output. Thank you for your advice :) I have attached the commands below if anyone needs them:

Code
    amixer set 'PCM' 237 # no necessary
    amixer set 'ACODEC' 238 unmute
    amixer set 'AIU ACODEC SRC' 'I2S'
    amixer set 'AIU ACODEC OUT EN' unmute

There remains a problem with the crackling that sometimes occurs, but that's another issue.

NB: I have no real plans to maintain K19 images going forwards so 10.0.x files will probably be deleted in the next week. I'll fork the branch on my GitHub LE repo in case anyone needs to build from them.

Does this mean that there will be no more updates to LibreElec images with Kodi 19 for Amlogic?

This is bad news for me, as I was just about to switch from Coreelec 9.2 to using LibreElec on a daily basis.

Are you giving up building images completely or will there still be test images for Kodi 20?

Do you know if anyone else is building test images with Libreelec for Amlogic?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Minor progress on a couple of things: ... In the background I also have the full vendor sources and schematics for Minix Neo U1 (S905) and U9-H (S912) devices. I plan to extract and post the boot fips so that mainline u-boot support is possible. I can also validate the device-trees which have previously been created with user support (U9-H is upstream, U1 still wip).

Is there any chance that upcoming changes will fix the analog audio output (jack)?

Unless these changes are already implemented?

I tested the image from 2021-Oct-18 04:03 and unfortunately the analog audio still does not work. I don't own a Minix device, but maybe this would have a chance to work globally for s912 devices?

chewitt

First, thank you for your contribution to the development of LibreELEC on Amlogic.

And I have a request if you could help me to run audio on the Audio/Video (jack) output?

I am testing your image and everything works for me except that. The audio over HDMI works, however I depend on the jack output.

I have a TV BOX device: U2C Z SUPER, S912, 3GB RAM, LAN 1Gbps

Currently I'm running CoreELEC version 9.2.8 (Kodi 18) with gxm_q201_3g_1gbit.dtb tree - on it the audio on A/V output works for me.

In LibreELEC I'm using meson-gxm-vega-s96.dtb tree because that's where most things work, I also tried meson-gxm-q201.dtb but it also doesn't work LAN (and sound on A/V)

I attach dmesg from LibreELEC on meson-gxm-vega-s96.dtb: hastebin

[edit]

I have now tried the meson-gxm-q200.dtb tree and everything seems to work on it too except the audio on the A/V output.

dmesg: hastebin

I would be grateful for an answer.