Posts by Bernbacher

Hello!

I recently got a bluetooth remote control. It uses both bluetooth and IR, and the IR part can be tought. So it only came with a bluetooth dongle and no IR receiver. It looks like this one:

Andoer® Universal Fernbedienung,MX3 Tragbare 2.4G Drahtlose Fernbedienung Tastatursteuerung Air Mäuse für Smart TV Android TV Box Mini PC HTPC
    Andoer® Universal Fernbedienung,MX3 Tragbare 2.4G Drahtlose Fernbedienung Tastatursteuerung Air Mäuse für Smart TV Android TV Box Mini PC HTPC
    www.amazon.de

Several keys work (most of the time), while many keys do nothing. And I wonder if these keys communicate via bluetooth at all or if they just send an IR signal. The libreelec box (RPi4) has no IR receiver connected. So I wonder if it is possible to trace the commands that the keys of the remote control send in order to build a keymap. I could only find information on how to do this with IR remote controls, but could not find anything about bluetooth.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Bernbacher

Hello,

I did a fresh install of LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.97.1 and wanted to add hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 to the config.txt file. When trying to locate the file, I saw that there is no /boot directrory. Can I just create it on the SD-card and put the config.txt there? (I have already noticed that the file system is read-only. So I will put the SD-card into a computer if this is the way to go forward.

Best regards,

Bernbacher

I can confirm this. I installed LE10 (recent nigthly build) on an RPi4. The settings report 4k at 30Hz, which is probably correct. My TV has a refresh rate of 120Hz.

I upgraded from LibreELEC 9.2.6 a few days ago. When I discovered the setting "Adjust display refresh rate" in 9.2.6 quite some time ago, I noticed a much smoother playback. I also noticed that the setting introduces a short pause when stopping the video or changing to the Kodi GUI during playback. This pause is probably needed to adapt to the original refresh rate of the GUI, which was 60Hz on 9.2.6 if I remember correctly.

Now, on LE10, there is no pause (like on 9.2.6 without activating "Adjust display refresh rate"), and 24fps content stutters or is choppy during panning shots. So I am suspecting that this setting is not working in LE10.

Is there a way to read out the current refresh rate?

I had a sync issue playing back some content on an RPi4 using the latest beta and nightly. Turning off DRM Prime decoding in the Player settings solved it. Maybe it helps in your case. Please see here:

Bernbacher
    July 9, 2021 at 11:20 PM

It seems that the reason was the DRM Prime decoding that is active by default in LibreELEC. When I turn it off, all sync problems I had observed disappear. Moreover, with DRM Prime turned on, the image was slightly squeezed horizontally. I.e., I got black bars on the left and the right when playing back 16:9 content. The Kodi GUI did not show any black bars, and when turning off DRM Prime decoding, the black bars disappear, and the image has the right proportions.

I am not sure if the problem is caused by the Add-on. As I said I also had problems playing back a file I had downloaded before via Mediathekview. And the Add-on works well on my desktop. I will try a few more things and then submit a bug report in one of the forums...

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. I did not know that repo. Before installing "ARD und ZDF" I had already upgraded to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0-nightly-20210711. But even with the nightly build and "ARD und ZDF" the sound is out of sync. I also had the sync problem with a file downloaded via MediathekView (but from ARD), which is why I tried the nightly build.

Should I submit a bug report?

Hello,

I installed the ZDF Mediathek Add-on (V5.0.2) and the ARD Mediathek Add-on (V6.0.0) on a fresh install of LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.95.5. Nothing else is installed, and the only settings I changed were for screen resolution (4K, 30Hz) and adjustment of the screen size. The sound I get when playing any content from the ZDF Mediathek is out of sync, whereas ARD Mediathek works (as far as I observed).

I run the ZDF mediathek Add-on (V5.0.2) on a desktop (Debian Buster) with Kodi 19.1 (from Buster backports) without any sound problems, and when running the plugin on my previous install of LibreELEC 9.2.6 on the same RPi4, sound was in sync, too.

Would there be any hints in the log files that could indicate the reason of the problem?

Best regards,

Bernbacher