Posts by astep

Did you ever run an 8.0.1x nougat build? Are you at 4k output? You might be one of the affected users of the nougat 4k output compatibility bug (see in OP). I'll have a hpll test build targeted at users with this bug shortly. If you have a spare HDMI cable, I also recommend you try a different cable until we come up with a solution.

Kszaq's "Full Nougat" preview ran fine. No 4k or 10bit hardware here. Good old 1080p. i don't think my problem is cable related at that resolution.

Just tried the dev build on Minix NEO U1.

Everything seems to be working.

Image quality seems better on dev build. A bit brighter without washing out blacks. But maybe it's all in my head...

One very annoying bug though... On 8.0.2a framerate switching is almost instantaneous and audio playback starts the same moment video does. On dev build however it takes 2-3 secs to switch framerate and another 5 seconds until audio starts playing (AVR starts to receive pass-though DD stream). This is a major issue.

Once again, thank you kszaq for your time and effort!

Greetings to everyone!
    I’m having some pretty annoying issue here.

Running latest devel LE from nand.
    My box is Minix NEO U1 (s905/2Gb/16GB) connected to NAD M15HD processor via HDMI for both video and audio.

When using auto framerate switching there is a considerable delay before audio starts playing after framerate has been changed. I know there should be a delay due to handshake and selecting the appropriate decoder by AVR/processor but it was around 2 seconds on my previous streamer (non LE) and now it’s like 8-9 seconds.
    Right now I am forced to use 23,976 always and framerate switching disabled which makes live tv unwatchable.

Is there a setting I could tweak to decrease the delay to some acceptable level?

Log - fCTR
    Thank you!

Use the 32-bit userspace. Your benefits include

• access to the many addons for the armhf archictecture (same as the raspberry pi), especially widevine content encryption and console emulators
    • not having the hard-to-find memory leak, that would make 1G ram boxes unusable after running for a longer time on the 64-bit version
    • lower memory footprint of the kodi application and binary addons overall

1. Are there any Pros to use 64bit at all?
    2. Why is it still being developed?
    3. Is 7.90 alpha a 32 or 64 bit build?

Thank you.

Minix NEO U1 with LE. More than enough power. Everything is as snappy as it can be.
    Since I don't have any other device to compare, I would really like to hear an opinion about picture quality difference between various devices and LE. I mean not ability to play 23,976, HDR, etc., but more of a "videophile" point of view. Will picture be any different if I buy a Kaby Lake NUC when it comes out?

I installed to NAND too, couldn't wait for the weed-end :D

I didn't want to start from scratch, so I copied (with Kodi stopped) the .kodi directory (and a few files from .config).

So if I understand correctly, installtointernal makes an installation of a bare system without kodi library and settings?
    What files/folders need to be copied to make a full copy of the current SD install?
    I think it would be useful to make something like installtointernalFULL to just drop everything to NAND.

It's working fine for me all the time on my cabled NUC. That said, the implementation is reverse engineered and might have bugs. You should create bug reports to the Kodi project, as this functionality is made by them and not by LibreELEC. As far as I know, there have been talks of removing the support alltogether as Apple keeps breaking the protocol.

There's a 3rd party commercial Kodi plugin somewhere as well that has full airplay audio/video support if you search for it.

Airplay is working in Kodi on my Win7 PC thus I think it is a LE issue.

I have tried the commercial AP plugin (Airplay Mirroring Receiver Library) but couldn't get it working on LibreElec.

I tend to agree. astep - next time this happens, can you confirm that the steps I provided above temporarily resolve the issue?

If so, it would seem there is a persistent (i.e. it survives reboot) state control related to the airplay listener that needs resetting under certain circumstances. Anyone out there with airplay knowledge who can shed light on this? I'm pretty sure I had the same issue under openelec.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue please do post. Airplay audio is such a great feature and it is so close to being perfect.

Sorry for not mentioning this. Yes, exactly the same behavior. Disable AP – Reboot – Enable AP – Works for some short time then stops.
    I fully agree. This feature is essential. No pairing or anything. I don’t want to buy AppleTV for the sole purpose of Airplay.

Just a small note on the subject.

I have 2 Kodi instances on 2 PC's running Windows 7. AirPlay (music streaming, not mirroring or video/picture) is working on both of them. Moreover, after playing with Libreelec for a while, I learned that Airplay is working for some time after fresh install of Libreelec and after some time it just stops working - I can select Libreelec from the menu on iPhone, but when I try to actually play some music, it just drops connection saying "Unable to connect to Kodi (Libreelec)". I am not changing any settings during that time, just installing skin and library scanning. Stopping and starting Airplay and/or Avahi does not help. But when I reinstall Libreelec from scratch, it starts working again for some short time.

I thought, maybe it is a bug and not related to the famous Airplay video and mirroring issues with Kodi.

I am running LibreElec 7.0-devel-20160908163444-r23325-g3be647e on Minix NEO U1 from SD card. Wired Gigabit connection.
    iPhone 5s running IOS 10.0.2 (same issue with IOS 9 and IOS 7)

If you need some logs from my system, I will be more than happy to provide them. I just thought I should ask first if there is any intention to investigate this particular issue considering general attitude (understandable) towards the whole Airplay.

Thank you.

Hey,

If you already have a working remote the best thing you can do is just learn the remote control commands from the standard controller.

You might spend 5 mins teaching it the commands or 3 hours looking around for a working code.

Latic

Yes, I understand this. I know there is a profile for the original Minix remote in Harmony software. I want to map more keys/functions than there are on the original remote. I don't mind creating a custom keymap in LE or do some other steps necessary. I want all harmony buttons functional. Like play, pause, stop, next, previous etc. I just need to know there is a way of doing so.

I am going to order one of Harmony remotes for my setup. Harmony Ultimate or Elite. I know there are difficulties with those remotes regarding using more buttons than there are on the original Minix remote when using android.

Are there any problems with LibreElec? In case there are, what needs to be done to map, let's say, dedicated play/pause buttons, audio/subtitle track toggle etc.?
    Is this possible at all? Maybe i can use MCE remote profile with LE?

Thank you.

Did you run "pactl load-module module-udev-detect" first? I don't see any alsa_card profiles in your list.

Of course I dit not... :)

Looks like the line breaks was messed up in the commands posted above, fixed it now. "pactl list" should lead you on the right way btw. Pair your phone first, and I recommend stopping Kodi when testing just to make sure that the sound device is available.

I have spent major part of yesterday's evening playing with pactl. I still can't figure out how to switch sources. Need some guidance.
    Here is the output of pactl list when music is playing in Kodi (from library) and iPhone is paired and playing music through BT, LE outputs music playing in Kodi: