Posts by jim_p

So, the above aroused my curiosity and I tried it... with youtube (plugin.video.youtube). According to the instructions on kodi's wiki,

- I made the service.autoexec folder and inside it

- I made the autoexec.xml file exactly as described on the wiki

- I made the autoexec.py file like so

Code
    import xbmc
    xbmc.executebuiltin('RunAddon(plugin.video.youtube)')

Proof of the above

Code
    letest:~/.kodi/addons # ls service.autoexec/
    autoexec.py   autoexec.xml

But I failed at step 1.4 which says about enabling the autoexec addon because there is no autoexec addon listed in there!

I also tried enabling it with

Code
    kodi-send --action="EnableAddon(service.autoexec)"

If it helps, running

Code
    kodi-send --action="RunAddon(plugin.video.youtube)"

does spawn youtube. There is nothing related to autoexec in the log.

---edit

I need a new pair of glasses :P The right file name for the xml is addon.xml not autoexec.xml!

I renamed it and now it works as it should.

The reason you removed the gist is because I complained about missing versions on test3? I just pointed it out as an issue, because it does not get the latest image available but the latest image on test3! And right now it just has the downgrade option on my end

Code
    *** script version: 0.10
    your Platform is:       RPi2.arm
    running nightly from:   20220711
    and has Git Hash:       f682eb5
    Version:                20220711-f682eb5
    *** the following images are currently available on the download server:
    *** No updates today ***
    * Downgrade (to the previous Image):    LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly                                              -20220710-6050346.img.gz

Proof to what I said above for the new image that is missing from test3. It is 7am here (4am gmt + 3 hours for eest), the image for 20220712 is on the test server (picture) but not on test3 (code tags)

Code
    $ curl -s https://test3.libreelec.tv/json/11.0/RPi/ | grep 220712
    (no output)
    $ curl -s https://test3.libreelec.tv/json/11.0/RPi/ | grep 220711
    { "name":"LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly-20220711-f682eb5.img.gz", "type":"file", "mtime":"Mon, 11 Jul 2022 22:54:55 GMT", "size":128323490 },
    { "name":"LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly-20220711-f682eb5.img.gz.sha256", "type":"file", "mtime":"Mon, 11 Jul 2022 22:54:55 GMT", "size":122 },
    { "name":"LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220711-f682eb5.img.gz", "type":"file", "mtime":"Tue, 12 Jul 2022 00:23:27 GMT", "size":130271421 },
    { "name":"LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220711-f682eb5.img.gz.sha256", "type":"file", "mtime":"Tue, 12 Jul 2022 00:23:27 GMT", "size":122 }

Why did you remove the gist? ;(

The f682eb5 build was listed under test.libreelec.tv this morning. It is not listed now. Actually, there is no le 11 image anywhere in there right now and I have no idea why. Right now, ff682eb5 is listed in test3.libreelec.tv, so I assume some movement or maintenance is going on right now.

Maybe the recent images are first given from test and when they get 2 days old they are moved to test3. This means test contains only 2 recent images for each system, while test3 acts as an archive that contains images from ~1 month ago.

Is it just me or did wget lose its progress bar in 0.10? I remember it had a progress bar there....

Code
    downloading:    LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly-20220710-6050346.img.gz

wait ...

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
    Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
    68  122M   68 83.2M    0     0  1083k      0  0:01:55  0:01:18  0:00:37  611k

---edit

As seen above, the script did not download the latest build, which for today is 20220711-f682eb5 (according to test.libreelec.tv), but the previous one, which was already installed. It is because it now uses the test3 part of the server and that is the latest build that is hosted there, so I did the update by hand today. I may return to 0.08... if I find it :P

---re-edit

I just noticed that the above text in the quote tags is curl's output and not wget's :P

I need to stop updating my machines at 7am, right after waking up :D

Please tell me that the following does not happen only on my end!

As I have said in a previous thread I opened, I want to add some boot parameters to the kernel so as to check what happens on boot. And today I decided to add them to le 9.2.8.4 on the mxq. But there is no cmdline.txt under the flash folder! In fact, only the system image file is in there.

Code
    # ls /flash/
    SYSTEM      lost+found

Is this correct? If so, how can I add some boot parameters to it?

Setting static ip on the wireless did not help. After a 2-3 of days with no issues, it failed to connect and I had to use ethernet again. This is what was happening all those days with dhcp, so no surprise there.

However, I checked my router's log and the mac address of the rpi is nowhere in there. This means not that it tries to connect and fails, but that it does not even try to connect!

Is this gist of 0.10 yours? If so, tell me to remove mine completely.

Code
    https://gist.github.com/eldersixpack13/1636d17a3303260fb4ab57b6f147f795

I also have a suggestion for getting the info (platform etc) from /etc/os-release.

---edit

You can skip that cat and grep stuff on lines 102 to 105 if you source the file and echo its variables like so

Code
    # cat params.sh
    #!/bin/sh
    source /etc/os-release
    echo $LIBREELEC_ARCH
    echo $VERSION

# sh params.sh
    RPi2.arm
    nightly-20220709-6050346

Instead of tracking down connman for errors and new messages when the rpi is not wirelessly connected, I decided to give it a static ip.

It has become really annoying to unplug and move the rpi next to the router and connect it via ethernet, because it happens roughly once every 2 days. If that has no results, I will stop using the nightly on the rpi as well

Tqdm is a python library for progress bars, nothing more.

The requests library exists as a kodi addon in the main repo, so you can just ssh the libreelec system and run

Code
    kodi-send --action="InstallAddon(script.module.requests)"

A prompt will appear on kodi, as shown in the screenshot below, so you just press yes there.

The reason for the above is that, since kodi 17, search does not return results for addons of the "script.module.*" family. If it did, you could just search for it from within kodi and install it as any other addon.