Posts by 2ami

Just tested with Kodi Krypton and the path /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts is correct. Just put some ttf file there. After reboot you can select new font for subtitle.

yes i have also tested on krypton, could you please tested on 16.1, if kodi could see the fonts then so that mean only kszaq build has that problem, thanks for the confirmation i will report back to kszaq.

nobody reports vp9, did you tried yet? i'm planning to pourchase rev C for furure proof :)

is there any change in LE, actually in Kodi if we would like to add more fonts for subtitle we just need yo put it in /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts, but Kodi fails to see it as it only shows default fonts in subtitle settings, please shed me some light
    TIA

sorry kszaq i need to report again, in 003, Fonts folder in /storage/.kodi/userdata/media still not detecting by kodi

This seems to be unrelated to my builds? Does this work in official builds (Generic, RPi)? If it doesn't, you may want to report this in General forum.
    [/quote]

i've updated my post it actually in /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts
    thank you for direction, i will report it in general

2ami
    Thanks so much for help. Are you eventually running kszaq's LE from external SD?
    If I boot recovery that way (when booted into alex's OE from external SD and "reboot recovery"), should I take out SD and insert kszaq's LE one while still in recovery to next retoothpick? Sounds a bit scary but if it works, OK ...

(note: I have Mini-MX-G 2GB/16GB RAM/Internal-SD)

yup i'm running sd card, you are correct, i did the same way, once you are in recovery menu, replace sd card to K's LE, choose reboot, then toothpick
    i think once we got to recevery menu the previous toothpick aml_autoscript has been reset, cmiiw

Commits that Wrxtasy mentioned are a part of LE 7.0.1 and they are already included in my builds. I have no experience with PS3 controller but as lrusak said, the issue may be in 3.14 kernel. If you posted log, we would have more hints about your issue.

i did post the log, last sentence before the pic
    [hr]

I only know from my experience with the Odroid C2 build which also uses a 3.14 kernel

see, Re: partial success with PS3 sixaxis — Linux Bluetooth

ok then if the odroid c2 build also have problem then no need to look into this minor thing, kszaq can concentrate to more principle things like stability,
    first time i thought since wrxrasy wrote that on his changelog that ps3 controller might work on his release, then why can we implemented here, kszaq's and wrxtasy's have the same kernel and version. i'm waiting kernel upgrade to 4.6 where s905 has been supported :)
    anyway thanks a lot to both of you kszaq and lrusak

As far as I'm aware these builds use a 3.14 kernel which has issues with the ps3 controller wireless. It should work using a cable.

so that mean what wrxtasy wrote was also fake? i never heard anyone using ps3 controller on his build before, fyi i'm also using libreelec 8.0 alpha, lwiddif at amlinuxmedia build it and it work with my Ps3 using special controller addons, hope someday there are some workaround to solve this,
    thanks for your information lrusak

i have succesfully paired my ps3 sixaxis controler to kszaq's s905 build, but unfortunately the controller just not working at all but i can see it is connected by LE, and the worst part the remote also suddenly stop working, after i turn off the ps3 controller by long pressing the home button the remote start to functioning again, i believe wrxtasy version has this capability as we can see on his 7.0.1 changelog realease
    "...Auto Paring for PS3 BT Game Controller added + other DualShock BT patches"
    is this patches already applied in kszaq build? or maybe some other information that i missed ? please share information

fyi my box is MXQ Quick Play, i'm using external bt dongle as internal bt not detected by LE, the box uses chipset RTL8723 wifi is ok
    thak you i hope i post this in the right sub forum
    here the LOGS

your problem just like mine, read my post #7, perhap might work on your machine too

yeah... at last... s905 liberation :)

ok i will share experience, ive been installed alex's oe sd card version using toothpick and sometime ago probably have installed also balbes105 uboot bin which causing kszaq LE sd card version fail boot, and toothpick method not changing anything, it just went to shell with i dont know error message "type exit to quit" thing, so here what i do, i boot with alex's oe, and in ssh shell just type reboot recovery, after reboot i did toothpick again and succeded, i thing we just need to boot into recovery screen to reset the aml_autoscript bootloader

so far the boot process just the fastest compare to all OE and LE that i have tried, pretty stable using pvr sd hd 4k channel, but one to notice the refresh rate changes can not be alter using setting, it just do automatically and my cheap tv just somehow could not really handle 24hz, but just incredible so far, way to go kszaq

I'm aware the piracy issue to be a very serious concern among developers, but as we know, piracy is not just happening in the Amlogics world , gaming has it, satellite TV has it, even x86 version also has it, people could find free illegal TV and addons on the internet, but that does not mean they would stop people developing the software, it's just a matter of "who will use the knife to cook or to kill".

I just suggesting that LE provides additional options that OE does not provides, for the logic "why the new name are for?" when actually it is just the clone of the sibling. When Kodi available freely to all available product on the planet such as smartTV, boxes, even smartphone, don't you realize that you just created a history of humankind.

But nevertheles, tbh i'm speaking on behalf of my personal benefit :), it's up to you guys to decide the good and the bad impact of everything, keep up the good work.

btw i'm using mxq pro, i installed unofficial openelec on sd card, and android on internal nand, it just like dual booting on pc, if i remove sd card the box boots to android, if i plug it in, it boots to OE,so i dont need to worry bricking, as OE wont interfere the nand, the guy who built it believe his name is alex, good for you as rasb pi user, so many developer support it, even OE but not mine, i hope LE born for this kind of liberation :)