Posts by 2ami

just want to share, since 005 some of buttons on my remote.conf behave incorrectly, for example page up turn into volumeup function, never had this on pre005 or Alex Openelec, perhaps kszaq once said that LE uses the android remote.conf in the internal nand if it found it, the workaround is to reload the remote.conf again in //configfiles/autostart.sh >
    remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf
    [hr]
    another finding, if you still get tty error message after manually update 007 to 008 on sd card, the workaround is to rename the label of the partition, 1st fat32> BOOT, 2nd ext4 > DISK

after trying, i upgraded from lwidiff LE Krypton,
    -boot from 1gb took 8 sec till on menu
    -i found out ps3 sixais doesnt do anything although paired and connected
    -watching tv from enigma box through bouquette m3u :
    sd channel = sometime ok, sometime black screen only audio
    4k ch hevc 2160 = i swear it is so smooth but hd ch 1080p x264 = buffering and stuttering and sometime stuck when bufferring
    [hr]
    its awesome to have so many talented programmer involve in developing LE, where ia amlogic? they should financialy support these guys, without them i believe htpc user won't migrate to small box

4:2:2 H264 is software decode-only on pretty much every consumer platform (including x86). I have a Haswell i5 NUC that can do a reasonable job with 1080i25 (aka 1080/50i) 4:2:2 H264 at 38Mbs including a YADIF 2x deinterlace. (It used to struggle until ffmpeg improvements in H264 multithreading were made)

wow, so 422 > 4k? s905 could decode x265 pretty smooth, though it was born after 422 and hi10p, or maybe hardware producer just ignore it because not so popular among tv content standard

High 4:2:2 Profile - as an extension of Hi10p profile - is not supported by Amlogic HW decoder (nor any known cosumer HW decoder AFAIK), it has to be software-decoded. S905 may be not powerful enough to do software decoding of 1080p 4:2:2 video.

Fallback to software decoding for High 4:2:2 profile is already covered in my development builds: projects/S*05: add more unsupported H264 encodings to HW decoding bla… · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv@448424a · GitHub

To sum up, you are not able to play 1080p High 4:2:2 videos with S905.

ok kszaq thank you for explanation,
    Klojum thanks for reminding me, i though by providing file instead of log, dev can see directly what's really happening not imagining what was happening

just to remind everyone to look at the history of music, so many rock solid boyband has been vanished since they were split, take that, spicegirl, bsb, you name it, hope its not goin to happen in opensource industry

escalade, my sound problem has been solved, but my internal wifi not detected, could you build with bcm_sta driver next release, thanks

anyway im still struggling with street fighter ii game, unable to find the correct emulator for it, this game reminds me when i was in junior high school, i was the champ amongs my friends lol

and concerning about the copyright of the game it self, i heard that within some years, the company has no longer owning the copyright but become publics, is that true, because i never purchase of my rom, i did purchase the original game when its still on cartrigdes (megadrive, nes, supernes) but dont know how to dump it, and i dont know where in the world that years old cardrigdes reside now either.

oops, now i know that i'm the one who lived in the cave

chewitt, good news for us we don't need to upgrade VGA Card for just retro game nostalgic , talking Openelec, i really miss Openelec, i used it since 1.2 version and kept it updated until took over by LE

escalade did you say LE with Lakka capabilities so that would mean HTPC+Game in a distro? wow what else can we expected while we can get the best of both world, I will hope LWIDDIF, ALEX, KSZAQ, WRXTASY or anyone else will port this extended edition into amlogic boxes, btw why dont you give some unique name for this, which contain LE and play or retro or something refer to game, i thought "extended" mean something else

Thank you for reading and pointing in the right place :)

hi anyone who has knowledge in boot structure in amlogic based devices s8x s9x
    i just find out that LAKKA (retroarch only) linux distro (just like libreelec runs only kodi) is in development
    maybe you could bake this on SD Card to our box, then we will have 3 spectular OSes WOWW
    Lakka - The DIY retro emulation console

ps : mod if you think this thread is inappripriate don't hesitate to delete --> but give time to kszaq, drieschel, alex or anyone to read it :)

thanks and apologize :)

dear Kszaq

i have found several weird issues:
    1. Remote pagedown button which is map to 109 keyboard code, send command volume down instead of the actual pagedown. (since v005)
    2. The OS still can not detects fonts in /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts (since V001)
    3. Since this v006, Kodi unable to get tv stream from my local stb through Ethernet, only works from wifi, but any other network functions still normal, such as DLNA, Samba etc.
    4. Chipset RTL8723 wifi Ok, BT N/A

i'm using MXQ Quick Play s905 1/8Gb,i will post log later, the logs attached
    gxbb_p200_mxq_pro_quick_play.dtb
    Thank you for creating such amazing OS
    log-2015-01-01-00.09.15.zip
    remote.conf

This solution is working for years and I would say with confidence that it msut work on kszaq's build too. He would not remove something like that.

i agree with you vpeter, there are no reason for developer to remove good features, but just annoying my Fonts collection that i use since Openelec xbmc 13.1 doesnt seen by kodi, maybe i should clean install and recheck again on my side, thank you for replying