Posts by elonesna

##############################################

# LibreELEC #

# https://libreelec.tv #

##############################################

LibreELEC (official): 9.2.6 (Generic.x86_64)

LibreELEC:~ # which 7z

/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.system-tools/bin/7z

LibreELEC:~ # 7z

7-Zip [64] 16.02 : Copyright (c) 1999-2016 Igor Pavlov : 2016-05-21

p7zip Version 16.02 (locale=C,Utf16=off,HugeFiles=on,64 bits,4 CPUs x64)

Usage: 7z <command> [<switches>...] <archive_name> [<file_names>...]

[<@listfiles...>]

<Commands>

a : Add files to archive

b : Benchmark

d : Delete files from archive

e : Extract files from archive (without using directory names)

h : Calculate hash values for files

i : Show information about supported formats

l : List contents of archive

rn : Rename files in archive

t : Test integrity of archive

u : Update files to archive

x : eXtract files with full paths

<Switches>

-- : Stop switches parsing

-ai[r[-|0]]{@listfile|!wildcard} : Include archives

-ax[r[-|0]]{@listfile|!wildcard} : eXclude archives

-ao{a|s|t|u} : set Overwrite mode

-an : disable archive_name field

-bb[0-3] : set output log level

-bd : disable progress indicator

-bs{o|e|p}{0|1|2} : set output stream for output/error/progress line

-bt : show execution time statistics

-i[r[-|0]]{@listfile|!wildcard} : Include filenames

-m{Parameters} : set compression Method

-mmt[N] : set number of CPU threads

-o{Directory} : set Output directory

-p{Password} : set Password

-r[-|0] : Recurse subdirectories

-sa{a|e|s} : set Archive name mode

-scc{UTF-8|WIN|DOS} : set charset for for console input/output

-scs{UTF-8|UTF-16LE|UTF-16BE|WIN|DOS|{id}} : set charset for list files

-scrc[CRC32|CRC64|SHA1|SHA256|*] : set hash function for x, e, h commands

-sdel : delete files after compression

-seml[.] : send archive by email

-sfx[{name}] : Create SFX archive

-si[{name}] : read data from stdin

-slp : set Large Pages mode

-slt : show technical information for l (List) command

-snh : store hard links as links

-snl : store symbolic links as links

-sni : store NT security information

-sns[-] : store NTFS alternate streams

-so : write data to stdout

-spd : disable wildcard matching for file names

-spe : eliminate duplication of root folder for extract command

-spf : use fully qualified file paths

-ssc[-] : set sensitive case mode

-ssw : compress shared files

-stl : set archive timestamp from the most recently modified file

-stm{HexMask} : set CPU thread affinity mask (hexadecimal number)

-stx{Type} : exclude archive type

-t{Type} : Set type of archive

-u[-][p#][q#][r#][x#][y#][z#][!newArchiveName] : Update options

-v{Size}[b|k|m|g] : Create volumes

-w[{path}] : assign Work directory. Empty path means a temporary directory

-x[r[-|0]]{@listfile|!wildcard} : eXclude filenames

-y : assume Yes on all queries

I am not an expert, I just know that each PLUTO TV channel sends multiple hls (HTTP Live Streaming) media streams with different qualities and resolutions; these streams are interrupted to play ads, this affects the broadcast timestamps which drive normal players crazy including Kodi plugins and addons. Solving this to add them to tvheadend as normal TV channels has been a major challenge for me, I think I finally got it with this script:

I guess any programmer will understand my solution, the origin of the problem, and maybe he will be able to give a better solution for HLS streams with ads.

I think that what you want is not necessary, the resource consumption of the tvheadend service when it is not serving streams is very low and when it is serving streams it is also very low (the resource consumption of the main kodi service when it is not doing anything is very higher).

If you install tvheadend in LibreELEC via docker linuxserver/tvheadend image you will have a nice alpine-linux virtual machine inside the container, and you will be able to install the dependencies of the tvheadend-autosuspend extension without problems. I can't guarantee that this extension will work because I haven't tested it. Doing this when you know docker, portainer, linuxserver services, and little knowledge of linux scripting is very easy, otherwise forget your idea.

Good luck! ;)

LibreELEC and CoreELEC have the OpenVPN binary integrated. The way I use this as an OpenVPN client is through the following lines of code in /storage/.config/autostart.sh:

sleep 20s

/usr/bin/openvpn --daemon --config /storage/.config/My-OV-DDNS.ovpn

but I warn you that I do not use username and password in the OpenVPN configuration, only certificates, if this is not your case then you have to continue reading here https://forums.openvpn.net/viewtopic.php?t=11342

In addition, LibreELEC includes the sample file /storage/.config/system.d/openvpn.service.sample to do this using a linux service.

I am not going to talk about the Zomboided VPN Manager addon because I have never used it and I don't know it, I only know that it is used to configure an OpenVPN client.

Good luck!

you are not setting up Wireguard right within libreelec.

Excuse me, I use all the tools that LibreELEC allows me and believe me if I tell you that there are many.

I don't like to create services in /storage/.config/system.d because I have a bad memory and I forget about them, so I put almost everything in /storage/.config/autostart.sh. Although for a programmer (and I am not) it is not orthodox, autostart.sh is the place where I start the services that docker does not start, the network forwarding that the services do not do, the routing that seems necessary to me, the setting running scripts from surveillance camera recordings, or watchdogs that have to watch things. There is an exception to the WireGuard configuration, considering I don't use connman (because it doesn't work for what I need), I do it in wg0.conf, but this is an exception, this doesn't happen with ZeroTier.

In short, you can create whatever routes you need in autostart.sh or via cron scripts or via services. On the other hand, my router allows me to establish static routes, which is wonderful because it allows any device on the home network that does not have VPN client services to reach anywhere.

You are very wrong, I am configuring everything right with LibreELEC, according to my preferences, and I manage all the main services via web through portainer or ssh or sftp, in fact, I always have the Kodi service in a stopped state and the HDMI cable disconnected.

If anyone can shed some light on how to configure Wireguard in libreelec to steer the connection to eth0 (when both eth0 and wlan0 are active) I'd appreciate it very much.

Right now I can think of using a cron job to monitor ip route then adjust accordingly at regular intervals, but I am sure there are better and cleaner ways of doing it.

Try to assimilate the information given by others. In my wg0.conf configuration it appears "ip route add 192.168.1.0/24 via 10.10.20.5 dev wg0 metric 6000" because my LE server manages two simultaneous VPN networks and with "metric 6000" I set preferences, if I only have WireGuard I set a route , if I have only ZeroTier I set another route, and if I have both VPN networks I prefer WireGuard. Try to do something similar!

You are right, I use PostUp and PostDown in wg0.conf

but i don't use connman

Geniatech HD Star DVB-S2 USB2.0 works fine for me but I don't recommend anyone to use USB tuners with LibreELEC, because with any update the drivers can stop working.

I leave you this information so you can study my case: