Posts by nonobio

Hi chewiit :)

With only my Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows plugged, working and with two xbox 360 controllers connected :

dmesg | paste

lsusb -v | paste

With only my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows (v1. For connect Xbox one v1 and V2 controllers) plugged but not recognized :

dmesg | paste

lsusb -v | paste

With only my Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (v2. For connect Xbox one v1 and V2 controllers) plugged but not recognized :

dmesg | paste

lsusb -v | paste

Hope you can do something :)

Hi,

There are 3 Xbox wireless adapter (receiver) for Windows :

1- Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows (for connect Xbox 360 wireless controllers) : i have one and i confirm it works on Windows 7, Windows 10 and LibreElec 9. It should also work on Windows 8 and 8.1 but i didn't tried.

3ig2AIw.jpg

2- Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows (v1. For connect Xbox one v1 and V2 controllers) : i have one but even if it is designed to work on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, it doesn't work on Windows 7,it is broken after some updates. I tried it on LibreElec 9 and it isn't reconized.

0VKAuN2.jpg

3- Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (v2. For connect Xbox one v1 and V2 controllers) : i have one and as its name says it work only on my Windows 10 PC. It doesnt' work on my Windows 7 PC (no driver available) and doesn't work also on LibreElec 9.

hJ4TKBR.jpg

My questions :

• Is there a way to make Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows (v1) or Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (v2) works with LibreElec ?
    • Does the Xbox one controller (v2 with BlueTooth) works on LibreElec ? (if yes : with any Bluetooth Adapter ?)

Thanks

Ok, thanks, i stay with SMB ;)

I found a way to display SMB version used on Windows, with this command on PowerShell : Get-SmbConnection

As soon as i start playing a video on my windows client (Kodi 18), i can see the "dialect" used, and it show "2.1" :

5JdqWOL.png

I'm surprised, i thought it will be dialect "1" since i'm not "authentificated" (credential used and shown in powershell is the one from my PC client; which isn't the same on my WIndows 7 server) :

The current complexity is caused by Microsoft not ourselves, but it's not particularly hard to configure things as long as you stick to a couple of basic principles. The main one is that all connections must be authenticated with a username/password.

Should i understand that authentificated is a condition to use SMBv2 only on LE 9 client, not on Windows client ?

Thanks for all your clear reply :)

Is SMB the best choice for sharing sources on my Windows 7 PC or should i consider other sharing protocol instead ? I read a little about NFS; but i think it isn't native on Windows.

Hi,

Ok, i did it. I read a lot about wanna cry, smbv1, etc. I read that even if a device is patched for wannacry, it is recommended to disable SMBv1 in case of a new attack, because SMBv1 is very old.

Beside my LE devices, i also updated Kodi on a Windows client. I thought it will have the same requirements that LE to access my SMB sources but no : it access it without prompt me to enter name and password. If i undesrtand : it means it is using SMBv1 (i didn't disabled SMBv1 on my Windows 7 server, not yet ;) ).

My questions :

1- Is there a way to display in kodi which smb version is used when i play a video from a smb share ?

2- Since i updated LE to version 9, i have "buffer" issue : video is often paused somes seconds and then payed again (i never had this issue, or only sometimes before LE9) : can it be related to changes in SMB ? (something else ?)

3- If i use SMBv2/3 instead of SMBv1 in Kodi : wil i really see an improved speed ? (access to sources, start to play faster, etc.)

4- If i'm actually using SMBv1 on my windows client, will it use SMBv2 as soon as i will edit source to enter my name and password for the smb source ?

Thanks

Hi :)

I just updated my kodi to 18 and LE to 9 and... "smb wasn't working". I had to force smb1 min/max in kodi setting and "legacy security" to make it work again.

With this thread i undestand why now. Thanks Klojum and chewitt for your clear explanations :)

The SMB client in LE 8.2 based releases defaults to SMB2 and SMB2 does not support browsing so this will always fail. If your server supports SMB2+ you can configure it manually - use an authenticated connection (use username/password). If it does not support SMB2 your only option is to force Kodi to use SMB1 .. set the SMB client to min and max SMB1. If it's really crap and ancient, you might need to set the legacy security option.

I had to used this setting... ;)

So to be more secure i should use SMB2 min, ok, but i have some questions :

Apart for security, is there other benefits to use SMB2 instead of SMB1 ? I read about better speed; is it real ? Can i expect faster connexion when i watch a movie on my Kodi client connected to a smb share on my Windows 7 "server" ? I think i was in SMB 1 since a lot of years; all was working fine exept sometimes some "buffering".... Could it be thing from past with SMB 2 ?

Which are really security risks using SMB 1 for a "LAN" use ? It's a "local" area network, isn't it ? So i think that if i don't share smb over internet (i never tried this) there isn't risks ? I used guest connexion to not have to enter credentials when i browse my lan shares.

Am i wrong ? Could someone access to my SMB 1 shares (guest access) from internet ?!

I want to be sure it is worth to use SMB2 (a little more effort to make things works...) instead of my actual SMB1 and legacy security (it is working right now ;) ).

Thanks

You will need to keep using a modified version as the official branch will update the legacy GPU driver causing it to freeze shortly after boot again (I think a few other people have uploaded modified builds to work with these older cards too).
    I will upload any new builds I make to my github releases page - you can probably expect them 3-4 days after a new public release of LibreELEC (well as long as my 8200 is still working that is ;) )

To update to a newer version of my fork you will need to use the old manual update way of dragging and dropping my img.gz file into the update folder:

HOW TO:Update LibreELEC - LibreELEC

Ok, thanks :)

The legacy driver was updated in the latest version (and it no longer works with the 8100, 8200 and 8300 series).
    You will have to compile it with an older legacy driver if you want to use 8.0.

I have a 8200 so am in the same boat ;) - I have uploaded a version of libreElec with the older Nvidia 304.135 legacy driver here if you are interested:
    Releases · sammy2142/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Thanks you very much, your version resolved my issue with my 7600 GS :)
    What will i do when ther will be new libreelec version ? Could i update from settings or should i only use your versions for this hardware ?

bye

I tried LE 7.90.005 and i had the 2 sames issues.

I gone back to LE 7.0.2 and i changed my graphic card from ati HD3650 to Nvidia 7600GS : it works ! The 2 issues are resolved :)

But..., i have a little new issue : the resolution is 1280x1024 : it works but it isn't a 16/9 resolution so i have to use calibration to make my square a square, and i have a little vertical wave which isn't present with others resolutions.

My TV Philips has a resolution of 1366x768 but it isn't listed by Kodi's settings.

I have and tried :
    1280x720p : black screen.
    1280x768 : the screen is not aligned to the left and i can't align it with kodi screen calibration.

I tried to force the 1366x768 resolution like i did on another of my Kodi LE client by adding a xconf.org file, but it did'nt worked (i juste copied code i found on the web, i don't understand excatly how to customize a xconf.org file...).

This is the return of the SSH command xrandr -d :0 -q :

Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1280 x 1024, maximum 4096 x 4096
    DVI-I-0 disconnected primary (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    VGA-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    TV-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    DVI-I-1 connected 1280x1024+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 580mm x 320mm
    1280x1024 75.02*+
    1280x768 59.67
    1280x720 60.00
    1152x648 75.00
    1024x768 75.03 70.07 60.00
    1024x576 85.01
    800x600 75.00 72.19 60.32 56.25
    800x450 84.99
    640x480 75.00 72.81 59.94
    640x360 84.99

Can you help me to force the 16/9 resolution 1366x768 ?

- LibreELEC is not likely to update the 7.0.x build (Jarvis) series, as we are already fully engaging 7.90.x, aka Kodi 17 Krypton.

Ok, i understand. I have this issue since several weeks now and i took the use to do with this issue. I reboot, and reboot, and reboot again and it works ;) . In short, i can wait Krypton ;)

- LE's Kodi Krypton is based on a newer Linux kernel, so support of suspend/resume can have a better/different? result on your AMD box. Try installing & testing it from a 2nd USB stick.

I don't use suspend/resume. Issues happens when i power on or reboot my PC.
    Yes i could try LE Krypton :)

- Your AMD Opteron machine is already some 10(?) years old by now. Supporting old hardware is not one of LE's main goals. This is more about Linux itself.

I understand but i think that one good thing with OE or LE is to give a second life to old hardware...
    I could try to rebuilt my PC with others hardware components (mother board) but i would try software solution before.

- In my experience, AMD machines in general tend to have more glitches as the very latest Linux kernels are used, v4.8 is used now. Ubuntu 16.04 LTS for example runs on kernel 4.4, several Linux generations earlier.

ok.

- Perhaps "If it's not broken, don't fix it" is applicable. Stay with the older OE version if that has a perfect fit for your machine. Don't upgrade if you just like to have a higer version number on your screen.

As i said (did i ?) i use mysql shared database and i have to use the same Kodi version on each client.
    I'm happy with news Kodi features and want to enjoy them on my others clients, so i have to update all my clients when i want update Kodi.

It was a pb with OE because updates was quite long and it seems to be a fixed pb with LE ;)

Thanks

I'm an old OpenELec user who was waiting for an long update when i discovered this new LibreElec project.

First : thanks a lot for your work, it's great to have an "kodi os" :)

I used OE on 3 Generic x86_64 PC and so i updated them to LibreElec 7.0.2.

I had some issues after the update i resolved myself and all is almost perfect now, and i can enjoy Kodi 16 on all my devices :) (i use a mysql shared database).

I said "almost" because i have two issues on one of my PC computer running LibreElec :

• Sometimes it boot and work fine.
    • Sometimes it boot and goes to black screen : it seems to be crashed as i can't any sounds when i use my keyboard. When it happens, i have to force my PC to shudown with the power button pressed several seconds.
    • Sometimes it boot then display the message "a start job is running for xorg server" then "Failed to start Xorg server. See 'systemctl status xorg.service' for details" : i can reboot with CTRL + ALT + SUPP then i have again these three scenarios possible.

I also ever seen this message : "Failed to start create static device nodes"

As i said, i have a mysql shared database and so a advancedsettings file, but i tried without it and i have the same issues.

I'm french and maybe i don't explain very well so i made a video where you can see the three scenarios :

Video : Issues with LibreElec

Thanks for your help.