Posts by Whitesak

Hi, 8.0.1f tests (MXV+ S905 1G 1Gbit):
    Audio stereo files - All files with all sample rates are OK and bit perfect - Thanks! Please keep this changes in your future versions... :)

All files with all sample rates are OK - Perfect!
    Video files:
    - Dolby THD is not working
    - DTS HDMA - OK
    - 4k High bitrate video plays has problem and DDTHD doesn't play (as above) - sample file "jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv"
    - 4k video plays jerky - sample file "Samsung_UHD_7Wonders_of_the_World_Italy.mkv"
    - Hi bitrate 29,970fps BD rip plays jerky - sample file "Peter_Gabriel_BDRip_Test.m2ts"
    All sample files play smoothly and without problem with 8.0.1d version. "Problems" are from "e" version.

Thank you very much!

A new development build to test: http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.0-devel...iotest.tar

Please focus on audio testing as these are things I don't have equipment to test:

• sampling frequency - proper 44.1kHz playback should work, please also check other frequencies
    • multichannel PCM audio, channel mapping
    • HD Audio, including Dolby Atmos

Hi kszaq,
    there are my quick tests:
    Audio stereo files:
    41.1 kHz - OK
    48 kHz - OK
    96 kHz - OK
    192 kHz - OK
    All tests are correctly mapped to 2 channels
    5.1 Multi channel audio - OK and correctly mapped to 5.1 channels

Video with HD audio Passthrough:
    Dolby digital Plus - OK
    DTS HDMA - OK
    DD THD - OK
    Dolby Atmos - I cannot test it.
    It seems, all audio are OK - Thanks you!!!

There are still problems with high bitrate BD rips with 30 (60) fps - jerky playback.
    24 fps videos are OK.

Thank you very much!

Hey guys, having time off but still have Tapatalk. [emoji56]

Please observe if there are any audio issues in the dev build compared to 8.0.1e. I haven't posted any changelog but there is a fix for better fractional frame rates support and a change in audio handling.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hi kszaq!
    First: Thank you for your work, but relax and enjoy your vacation :)

There are my test results with S905 1GB 1Gbit (as you can read on my signature):
    1. Version 8.0.1e seems to have some issues with 29,970 (30) fps videos. This videos play very jerky and sometime after few minutes of playing are going to freeze. Mostly on BD rips (*.m2ts files). Interesting is, LE recognizes this files as 59,940 fps (info on key "O") ... TV is correctly switched to 60 Hz, but playing is jerky.
    Files 23,976 (24) fps and 25 fps play ok.
    The same files with version c, d play, seems, smoothly. But LE recognizes this files as 59,940 fps too ... Interesting ...

2. Develop version LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20170409011740-r25791-g1fb98dc.tar
    There are the same issues as above.
    But very good message, 44,1 kHz audio files plays correctly with sample rate 44.1 kHz (bit perfect without up-sampling to 48 kHz). The same for files with 48 kHz - plays as 48 kHz, 96kHz as 96kHz. Super! Thanks a lot!

The new development build LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20170409011740-r25791-g1fb98dc.tar Seems to be working well for me, I haven't tested it thoroughly enough to say for sure but it is behaving itself. :D

Interesting - in this development version works correctly audio with sample rate 44.1 kHz ( (bit perfect without up-sampling to 48 kHz). Maybe because default frame rate audio output in LE is setting to 44.1 kHz now. Super!
    But seems, there are another problems - I have jerky playback with 60Hz video for example. I must more testing...

Hi, I have problem with playing audio.
    All music with a 44.1kHz bitrate are upsampled to 48kHz (HDMI and SPDIF). I think, this problem is in all 8.x versions. Audio with 96kHz plays correctly as 96khz. But files with 44,1 kHz play as 48 kHz.
    Have you somebody any idea? Advancedsettings, etc... ?

Thanks

How to automatically mount the internal memory at Le start? Just to "see" my mp3 and films stored there ...

You can edit autostart.sh script (/storage/.config/autostart.sh) and here put commands (for example):

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/nand
    mount /dev/data /storage/nand

and in /storage/nand directory will be mounted internall data partition...

I can second that both files are played very jerky by my S905. I am too lazy to unpack the S905X again, as Jaaxx has already tested the files.
    I did tests today with many more files, from old divx, to wmv3 and h.264 and h.265. I have yet to find a file in my (quite large and diverse) collection, that does not play well in 8.0.1b.
    [hr]

Hi,
    I think, I know where is "problem" on jerky played files on 8.0.1b version. This problem has H264 videos, which are encoded with more then 10 Reference Frames.
    Samsung Ocean Demo has 16 ref frames and my jerky files from my camera have 12 ref. frames.
    I did reencode with this results:
    8 ref frames - OK
    10 ref frames - OK
    12 ref frames - bad, very jerky
    14 ref frames - bed vary jerky

So, but is necessary to say, encoding videos with more than 10 ref rrames is not usual ... But on versions from 7.0.3 to 8.0.1a was not problem... :)

I tried the Samsung file and it plays fine here on 8.0.1b

Hmm, interesting...
    Maybe difference is in our chips. I have S905 (look to my signature).
    On my box is Samsung Ocean Demo very jerky and too much pictures are skipped. Sometime is video freeze for a while and then are lot of frames lost.
    You can see it on my record of TV screen with activated video information in KODI (Ctrl-Shift-O) here:
    MOV_0078.mp4 - Google Drive

The same problems i have on some other videos. Seems, this issue is with H264 videos. H265 videos seem OK... For example hi bitrate UHD H265 test video jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv plays perfect and smoothly...

And as I said before. 8.0.1a version is without this issues, all videos play smoothly...
    I must go down to 8.0.1a version meanwhile .. :(

Hi,

Sometimes when I turn the box on, CEC doesn't work until I switch my TV to another input and back to the HDMI input. Sometimes it works.

It could be my TV (older sony) or it could be a CEC lib issue, however I'm looking for a way to reload the libcec driver somehow on autostart. Is there a script or command that will force the re-load? If so, how?

Hi,
    did you find a solution?
    Seems, I have similar problem. As I wrote in my post here thread-2156-post-32228.html#pid32228
    Thanks...

Hi kszaq,
    thank you very much for your work again.
    I'm using with very success your 7.0.3.012 LE build and here all works properly.

So I have tried to install new version 8.0 (second SD card, fresh install) and I have small (but for me "big") problem with HDMI CEC control. I have strange behavior. HDMI CEC is not working when I have disabled HDMI on my LG TV. When I switch HDMI CEC (named as SimpLink by LG), then CEC wake up. And then CEC works properly.
    But my box is connected to Yamaha receiver (MXV Box -> Yamaha -> TV) and I'm talking about control via Yamaha remote controller.
    Simply: I must switch on CEC on TV for wake up CEC on my box. Then I can switch off CEC off TV again. Because I don't want to have active CEC on my TV, because of unwanted behavior automatically switching of Yamaha inputs.

On LE 7.x I have no problem, CEC works. On LE 8 is new libcec driver, that is maybe the problem?
    Is possible send some wake up command to my box for wake up CEC on booting, for example? Or any else idea?
    LE 7.95.beta5, MXV Plus, S905 1GB, 1Gbit

Thank you, cheers, Peter

Agree with minimoe and sintiniuk this is also
    what keeps me hooked on this development thread as well. Can one of you check if a Dolby Digital Plus file plays (using passthrough) on your box and confirm which build you are using? I might be doing something wrong but would like to be sure...

links to DD+ files below
    ?file=dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless-DWEU.mkv&pic=dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless.jpg

MEGA

MXV Plus (S905, 1GB, 1Gbit), LE version 012g 32 bit, Yamaha RX-V475
    Both sample files play perfect with DD+. Absolutely no problem. Yamaha detects DD Plus sound correctly and all channels play.
    E-AC3 capable receiver in system/audio settings is ON. And Passthrough setting is ON too, of course...

Hi kszaq,
    I have some problem with updating 010 32 bit version to 011 32 bit.
    I simple put img.gz and dtb.img to update folder (as always) and reboot.
    But update procedure says some errors:
    iimg.gz file

Code
    .../update.sh: line 72: /sysroot/sbin/findfs: not found
    .../update.sh: line 72: /sysroot/sbin/fatlabel: not found

and for dtb.img file

Code
    .../update.sh: line 72: /sysroot/usr/sbin/fw_setenv: not found
    .../update.sh: line 72: /sysroot/sbin/findfs: not found
    .../update.sh: line 72: /sysroot/sbin/e2label: not found

Some idea please?