Posts by ghtester

It depends on Add-on version you are using. AFAIK Tvheadend Server 4.2 and Tvheadend Server 4.3 Add-ons are availeble for LE 10 / 11.

So for Tvheadend server 4.2:

Stop the Tvheadend service:

systemctl stop service.tvheadend42

Start the Tvheadend service:

systemctl start service.tvheadend42

If you wish to remove the Tvheadend service completely, just uninstall the Add-on from Kodi menu:

Settings - Add-ons - My add-ons - Services - Tvheadend Server 4.2 - Uninstall

The add-on itself is located in the /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42 folder where you can check the settings details etc.

Please note rpi-eeprom-config -e is always replacing the bootloader version with the default one which may be different (older) than the bootloader currently installed (active). And the default is linked to critical (at least in current LE 11 Nightly).

I don't know if the same happens in RPi OS or if it's LE specific but I am not sure that's the best behavior (at least for users preffering the stable or beta bootloaders) as the wrong bootloader config may be applied (some newer options may be unknown to older bootloader).

Maybe some check and warning to the rpi-eeprom-config script should be applied when the current and further bootloader versions does not match.

LibreELEC:/usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader # ls -l

total 0

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 92 Nov 24 18:25 beta

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 92 Nov 24 18:25 critical

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 Nov 24 18:25 default -> critical

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Nov 24 18:25 latest -> stable

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 92 Nov 24 18:25 stable

LibreELEC:/usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader # ls beta

pieeprom-2021-10-27.bin recovery.bin vl805-000138a1.bin

LibreELEC:/usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader # ls critical/

pieeprom-2021-04-29.bin recovery.bin vl805-000138a1.bin

LibreELEC:/usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware/raspberrypi/bootloader # ls stable/

pieeprom-2021-07-06.bin recovery.bin vl805-000138a1.bin

Today encountered the audio issue on LE nightly 20211118 on Live TV channel (signal quality very good) with 2 audio AAC streams - the first one (2 channels 1/2) became silent and stayed silent during all Timeshift window (over 1 hour long).

Manual switching to another available AAC stream (1 channels 2/2 ) was possible and audio was recovered. As soon as switched back to default AAC 2 channels 1/2 , audio was silent again. No matter of Timeshift positon.

After switching to another Live TV channel and back, both audio streams started producing audio again.

Firmware (not VL805 USB controller's firmware) is located on filesystem so in case of LE it depends on LE version. You can't change the firmware release with rpi-eeprom-update utility. To change the firmware version you need to replace the specific files (see https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware ) on appropriate partition. You should avoid this as it's usually not necessary, rather install another LE version. I don't know which firmware version is on LE 10.0.1 as I am running LE 11 Nightlies (https://test.libreelec.tv/).

Bootloader on RPi 4B is located in EEPROM, also the bootloader configuration. I would not try to downgrade the bootloader version, at first compare the bootloader configs as recommended above (use vcgencmd bootloader_config command). The latest stable bootloader version is 2021-07-06 (see https://github.com/raspberrypi/rp…irmware/stable/) and I would recommend upgrading to latest. Also VL805 firmware should be 000138a1. See this post for detailed steps how to upgrade manually: RE: Is it possible already to set up a rpi4 with kernel 5.4?

Maybe you can try audio_pwm_mode=2 instead, I think I saw a mention somewhere here that it could improve an analog sound quality.

Otherwise it could be a cabling issue (a ground loop or a cable shield issue) or a Power Supply issue (insufficient power, the PSU should be at least 15W type = 5V/3A). Also make sure the both devices, connected with AV cable, are powered from the 'same or very next' power outlet.

You may also try to test just the audio output with headphones / audio bar (if you have one, powered by battery) connected through 3 wires audio cable only to see if the issue is the same or not.

You don't need to downgrade LE to 9.x (to get the Audio working on Analog jack) if you added audio parameters mentioned above to config.txt, just reboot and then set the Audio output device in Settings/System/Audio to ALSA:bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones

Hopefully it should work.

In past I tried to use HDMI CEC as well but also found it was pretty unusable due to incompatibility across HDMI devices & unique implementations. Some features were working but some most important (like power off request through HDMI CEC) did not work on my old LG TV. So I stopped using CEC completely and started using GPIO pins on my RPI 4B instead to control relays and IR LED so I can easily take a full control of any attached (or even unattached) devices which are connected to power outlets (controlled by relays) or have an IR remote sensors. I can recommend this solution and I can provide you with technical details if you are interested in.

BTW. on LE 11 Nightly my RPi 4B now turns on attached TV (through HDMI) after power on, even though the HDMI CEC is disabled in LE (I don't remember what the behavior was on LE 10 / LE 9 but I think TV stayed off in this case). But this is OK for my use case. I can use a power outlet (with relay) to turn the TV on/off and IR sensor to control any TV function (through a script, which can be run by pushing button on my remote control).

I am facing to this issue across several LE versions (from 9.2.6 to 11 Nightly) and more or less it's still the same or similar behavior.

It usually happens when the DVB-T2 signal level / quality is not perfect but sometimes also right after switching the channel, even though the DVB-T2 signal is excellent. Then the Audio is lost (which means muted, it happens randomly, when the DVB-T2 signal drops for a moment or after switching to another channel and it takes an unpredictely long time to recover).

When playing recording of the same stream, the audio is restored quickly but it does not happen with the live stream. Usually I need to switch to another channel (but then the TimeShift data is lost which is very annoying), sometimes it helps toggling audio stream (where there are more than one, which is not always).

The current configuration is RPi 4B/2GB, LE 11 Nightly 20211108

An example video recording:

http://mysharegadget.com/729214965

Debug log while LiveTV watching the same stream as the recording above (got back with TimeShift, activated Debug log before Audio was lost, deactivated Debug log when the Audio was back again):

http://ix.io/3EsH

The question is why there's a difference between LiveTV watching and recording play and if this can be improved (to recover audio quickly after stream corruption during LiveTV watching).

BTW. as already reported in another thread, subtitles on this channel are not visible during LiveTV despite recorded properly and visible when playing recording ( this is an incompatibility of Kodi with Tvheadend 4.3 backend).

Thanks a lot for an update / fix.

I have removed the advancedsettings file as soon as I was able to start Kodi again (at Oct, 16) and the issue did not happen again. So disabling wsdiscovery just one time was enough to fix the Kodi boot issue.

In the meantime, I have installed several LE 11 Nightly updates without any (similar) issue (currently running 20211025).

Thanks again for your help.

Regarding to DVB-T2 only - I am using 2 kinds of Astrometa DVB-T/T2 USB stick (with Panasonic MN88473 and Sony CXD2837ER demodulators) and also MyGica T230C DVB-T/T2 USB stick (with Silicon Labs Si2168 demodulator), currently with LE 11 Nightly on RPi 4B and all working fine as they are supported yet by Linux (MyGica has a better sensitivity, Astrometa has more features / more possible use cases for a lower price).

I am not using any DVB-S2 receiver.