Posts by StaticallyLinked

My advice is wait for LE10 to come out (and see which test devices actually make). Otherwise H6 seems to be doing fine with h265, although I too am not a 4k user (I did try a 4k h265 file the other day and it seems fine).

41.36 EUR = US $48.70 including express shipping from Germany.

Thanks a lot for your guidance! :)

I just couldn't resist, didn't want to wait any longer and have settled my mind on the cheapest possible suitable intermediate solution, so I have now ordered a X96 Air with 4 GB RAM / 64 GB eMMC for 41.36 EUR = US $48.70 including express shipping from Germany.

Thanks a lot for your guidance! :)

Congratulations! I have ordered a similar device myself but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Could you share your impressions, especially about installing *ELEC on it, once you get it?

Hi, sorry for the delay on my answer but I've been very busy. The method you linked is very similar to the one I use to update through nightlies, as of now I didn't have any problems by using that method. I don't even use SSH for performing the update, I just download the latest nightly on another device and access the LibreELEC device though Samba and copy the compressed image to the Update folder, after a reboot the update process begins and deletes the compressed image once it finishes.

On an unrelated note, I want to know if anyone else is having stability issues with the YouTube add-on, it's the one I use most of the time and sometimes it crashes Kodi when I play a video (it's been doing it on all nightlies), and once it crashes it sometimes gets into a loop of Kodi trying to start but crashing before reaching the main screen (the only way out is to power off the device). I'm using MPEG-DASH to select the quality if that's related.

Thank you for your reply!

Now I have a different issue. After updating to versions 05.10 and 06.10 for opiLite2 after a restart the system doesn't go past the boot logo (where it says "LibreELEC(community) nightly-xxxx-xxxx"). At first I thought it was because I simply unplugged the power that the fs got corrupted, but the last time I did everything properly and it still got bricked.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install version 05.09

2. Update to latest nightly

3. Setup the usual things + weather and samba client

4. If it doesn't brick on the next restart it bricks on the one after that.

5. After it gets bricked I can't SSH, probably because the network is not up at this stage

I didn't have this issue before. I will try it without updating from version 05.09.

There is just no way to know when or even if any of the issues will be fixed as overall things appear to be going in the right direction but its been a long road and the end still hasn't been reached yet.

I think in this case something like this will be useful to people trying to decide what to get (like Master One) :

Allwinner Status Matrix

Here one can track the support for things like DRM and VE(Video Engine or VPU). Unfortunately the only similar thing I can find for Amlogic is start [linux-meson]. Does anyone know of a matrix that more closely resembles the Allwinner one?

Master One, if you really want AV1@4K, you want it to last you a long time and you can't wait - go with Intel (the beefier, the better), but if you want an Arm board with hw decoding - now is the worst moment to be buying. Devices are not out yet, so there is no official support, no mass adoption yet. If you're willing to spend so much money on an Intel board, why not buy a cheaper AV1less Arm board and upgrade when the time comes? Not to mention that those chips are much more power efficient than the intel ones.

Thinking ahead, one may choose the more powerful device now, in hope that it will fulfill its duty for some years to come. I'm not that convinced about "just enough power for now" solutions.

I am also a fan of this philosophy, but "pricier and beefier" doesn't always mean more future proof. Make sure it's really worth paying extra for it (maybe you already did, in this case I'm talking in principle), if they are more or less the same generation and the difference is in horse power (more ram, higher frequency), I'd buy the "just enough" one and then upgrade when some new tech comes along (as mentioned earlier AV1 is on the horizon, among other things).

@Piet200, I use rufus to write the image, but probably it doesn't matter and you just need to wait a little longer (on the black screen).

@JORGETECH, how did you perform the update - fresh install or on top of your previous working version? I tried the OrangePi Lite2 image from 24.09 and still no luck.

@Gass I tried the Ctrl+Alt+F3 terminal combination that I found on the forums, but it seems it doesn't work. Also I cannot connect via SSH, since the Lite2 has only WiFi. I guess I could TTL but it seems like too much of a hassle for something so small.

EDIT: I was able to update my 05.09 version to 25.09 via this method and the settings are kept, so I guess this is what @JORGETECH was refering to.

Hello everyone. I can confirm that the WIFI issue on OrangePi Lite2 still exists with the latest builds. If it helps:

LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-nightly-20200905-89c7562-orangepi-lite2.img.gz -> WiFi works fine

LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-nightly-20200919-1fcfe6a-orangepi-lite2.img.gz -> WiFi doesn't work

Probably somewhere between 05.09 and 19.09 something changed (upstream?).

PS: I can provide logs, just let me know what exactly and where to find it.