Posts by morfik

It looks like that starting from LE12, the TMDB info addon for tv series ignores language settings. I have set it to pl_PL but when adding a new tv series, all the info for it is in English. The same when I refresh the info of any of the existing tv series -- it is replaced with the English version. The TMDB info addon for movies works well. Is there a way to fix it?

I'm using LibreELEC 11.0.6 on my RPI4 (2GiB RAM). Basically everything works well -- all of my movies/tv series play well (x264/x265, mostly mkv, but also mp4 and avi containers), except for one TV series which can't be watched for unknown reasons. So when I play any of the episodes of that TV series, it plays for a short period of time 1-2min, and then it stops altogether (audio and video) -- it simply hangs. The same thing is when I want to start playing from some point in time -- it hangs instantly.

In the log I just have the following line when the video stops:

info <general>: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled

This is the mediainfo output for an example video:

General
    Complete name                            : /path/to/dotted.mp4
    Format                                   : MPEG-4
    Format profile                           : Base Media
    Codec ID                                 : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
    File size                                : 760 MiB
    Duration                                 : 46 min 35 s
    Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
    Overall bit rate                         : 2 281 kb/s
    Frame rate                               : 23.976 FPS
    Movie name                               : dotted
    Album                                    : dotted
    Writing application                      : Lavf58.33.100
    Comment                                  : dotted

Video
    ID                                       : 1
    Format                                   : AVC
    Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile                           : [email protected]
    Format settings                          : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
    Format settings, Reference frames        : 4 frames
    Codec ID                                 : avc1
    Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration                                 : 46 min 32 s
    Bit rate mode                            : Variable
    Bit rate                                 : 1 637 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate                         : 14.0 Mb/s
    Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
    Height                                   : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
    Frame rate mode                          : Variable
    Frame rate                               : 23.976 (23976/1000) FPS
    Minimum frame rate                       : 11.987 FPS
    Maximum frame rate                       : 90 000.000 FPS
    Original frame rate                      : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                                : 8 bits
    Scan type                                : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.074
    Stream size                              : 545 MiB (72%)
    Writing library                          : x264 core 148 r2715 7e75228
    Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x111 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=120 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / stitchable=1 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=16 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=121 / scenecut=0 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=240 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=24.0 / qcomp=0.50 / qpmin=6 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=14000 / vbv_bufsize=14000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=vbr / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.80
    Codec configuration box                  : avcC

Audio
    ID                                       : 2
    Format                                   : E-AC-3
    Format/Info                              : Enhanced AC-3
    Commercial name                          : Dolby Digital Plus
    Codec ID                                 : ec-3
    Duration                                 : 46 min 35 s
    Bit rate mode                            : Constant
    Bit rate                                 : 640 kb/s
    Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
    Channel layout                           : L R C LFE Ls Rs
    Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
    Compression mode                         : Lossy
    Stream size                              : 213 MiB (28%)
    Language                                 : Polish
    Service kind                             : Complete Main
    Default                                  : Yes
    Alternate group                          : 1

The files play well on my desktop/laptop computer (linux/mpv). They also work well when I stream them from RPI to my phone using the Kore app and VLC as a player.

What could be wrong with the video?

I'm testing the CEC-disabled solution (both in tv and in kodi), and it looks like the problem disappeared -- I watched a few movies, and everything was just fine. So probably CEC was the case, but I need more testing and if in the coming days the issue doesn't return, I think the problem will be solved.

Also thanks to pointing out that the Argon case can cause issues, I would have never thought of it as a source of problems.

I don't think this TV has such setting, because it's just a normal TV without any OS (like android) inside, it's also without WiFi and other modern equipment. I checked in the TV settings for anything like CEC and I couldn't find anything useful -- it's just a few settings there and none of them allow enabling/disabling CEC. So probably the TV starts to die, or something else is to blame. I checked the second HDMI port, and also a different HDMI cable, but none of them helped.

"the micro-snippet that you think is useful" -- I don't think it's useful or not -- there's no messages in the log while playing a video, but when the weird things start happening, it throws the above messages in the log. So that's why I posted them.

If you need any additional logs, just post commands you want me to run, and I provide you with their output.

For some years, everything with my Kodi/LibreELEC installation was just fine, but recently (I think it started with the 10.0.2 update) some weird things started to happen. Basically when I start playing some movie on my TV (connected to RPI4B 2GRAM, LibreELEC 10.0.3), it plays well for some time (30min-1h, sometimes ever more), and then kodi interface pops up and the movie is repeatedly and constantly being paused and resumed again. It happens 3-5 times per second, every second till RPI is rebooted. When rebooted, everything backs to normal, but after some time, it stars all over again.

In the Kodi log, I can see the following when the pause-resume event starts to happen:

What could be wrong with my Kodi/LibreELEC installation? Does the problem lie in RPI, my old TV (15+ years), or the software is to blame?

I found a better way. You don't have to remove the database. Instead, just switch the scrapers in the source dir properties. It will ask you to refresh the database. You can accept if you want the new scraper or skip and select the previous scraper once more and then accept to refresh. It will clear the database but the watch statuses will remain intact.

I tried refreshing all of my source dirs in this way, and it looks like that it helped with the missing images.