Posts by tokul

Windows machine might default to public network configuration and browsing will not work.

Enabling DNLA service in kodi can make kodi library available without smb/cifs. if your goal is to view it and not to make changes in it.

Windows network browsing tended to work some time ago, if samba server was acting as WINS machine on the network and was set to win master negotiations vs Windows workstations. Microsoft probably changed its SMB protocols since those olde days.

X11 is basically dead and new features are not implemented. For example everything around HDR is a complete nogo at X11.

RPi and all other ARM devices never used X11 at all at LE.

Then Libreelec probably should not be running dead software on x86 builds.

Topic asks for GUI, which is not web ajax based and not just CLI and you are doing your best at not mentioning X forwarding.

HTTP_USER_AGENT : Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/102.0

Hi Tokul,

I was asking where the KODI settings are kept (i.e. the source folder for rsync-ing)

/storage is definitely NOT the correct answer for KODI, otherwise I wouldn't be asking

my /storage folder has nothing but 2 folders - /downloads and /docker (including docker related logs).

So, how do I clone/rsync my KODI settings from the old to the new LE installation?

Writeable data storage for settings is in /storage. There is no way for others to guess which extra addons you got loaded on your system and where they store their data.

Sorry, forgot to ask - how do I clone my Kodi settings with rsync?

i.e. what is the source file/directory?

Thanks!

rsync -av -e ssh /storage/. root@new-libreelec-ip:/storage

rsync(1) - Linux man page

> what is the source file/directory?

He did say "/storage"

If you are concerned about privacy, just install new setup and all the plugins instead of copying data from your personal system. /storage will have your personal data and history. From recovery perspective you should learn to recreate your setup without having old system.

Renaming font files won't magically provide fonts, if skin is coded in to use Arial. arialuni.ttf font name differs from arial.ttf and name is set inside the file. System should be selecting any font with code set available in displayed character range. If you were running x86 libreelec with x windows, I would say that you could put fonts in /storage/.fonts and not in /storage/.kodi/media/Fonts. I think rpi arm build does not use x windows and I can't tell how fonts work there.

Problem with filenames is that you might have them written not in Unicode or in different unicode character set and no fiddling with fonts will fix it. Unless skin is hardcoded to use specific font for filename display. It is computer curse for having fifteen and one standard for character display and no automatic way for telling which character set is used in plain text.

I have copied arial.ttf from Windows 11 to that folder on RPi4 with LibreElec 10.0.2 but still no Thai. Only placeholders.

How can i enable it?

Thank you!

arial.ttf does not support Thai. You are probably looking for arial unicode. I don't remember atm if that bigger Arial (Unicode.odf) variant got Thai code pages. If you start Character Map on Windows 11 (if you can find it in that !@#$ start menu UI), it got search option for Unicode range. Arial on Win11 got no Thai support. Just checked. I don't have Thai support enabled on my Win11 to check which fonts they add to the system to support it. Microsoft Store shows Mitr Light font.

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/list/language/thai lists other two fonts.

More on Thai fonts at https://slice-of-thai.com/fonts/

Microsoft got page about it too. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/typograp…ws_11_font_list

You need other fonts. Not Arial.

You are coming from niche language region and you probably know better which fonts support your language than most westerners do.

We there is no ROI to buy, so need to resort back to the Nuc and my original question still stands do I go new or just grab another Gemini or keep the NUC5 Pentium.

Thanks.

New NUC models, NUC7 Gemini or NUC5 will run libreelec. It is your decision how much you want to cut costs. If your existing hardware works and provides all the features that you need, nothing stops you from continuing to use it. If it breaks, then you can always make a new decision about getting new kit from price range acceptable by you.

dmesg command in libreelec CLI will show, if sd device is recognized when you plug it in. It probably won't help, if your file system is setup on device and not on partition.

Example of dmesg in spoiler

Display Spoiler

[348403.046290] usb 2-3: new SuperSpeed Gen 1 USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd

[348403.065542] usb-storage 2-3:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected

[348403.066802] scsi host2: usb-storage 2-3:1.0

[348404.073315] scsi 2:0:0:0: Direct-Access <<snip-hardware-name>> 1072 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6

[348404.073705] scsi 2:0:0:1: Enclosure <<snip-hardware-name>> 1072 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6

[348404.075072] sd 2:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0

[348404.075226] scsi 2:0:0:1: Attached scsi generic sg3 type 13

[348404.079796] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Spinning up disk...

[348405.086129] ......ready

[348410.154097] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] 1953458176 512-byte logical blocks: (1.00 TB/931 GiB)

[348410.154530] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Write Protect is off

[348410.154533] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Mode Sense: 53 00 10 08

[348410.154785] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] No Caching mode page found

[348410.154787] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through

[348410.338335] sdc: sdc1

[348410.340926] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Attached SCSI disk

chkdsk in Windows CLI. Linux will not mount dirty NTFS.

Did you turn off hybernation in that Seagate?

I did a lot of web searching before I posted here. The vast majority do a bit of a pro & con list with zero evidence to support anything. Wikipedia have a very detailed entry if I was interested in technical specs. I'm not.

If you are looking for cross platform compatibility, use NTFS. Both NTFS and exFAT are not native filesystems for Linux and NTFS implementation is older and more mature.

Filesystem performance is less critical than device performance.

Turn off hibernation in disk settings. If disks shutdowns on its own while being mounted, it can only cause mess. Disk should be stopped by OS and not other way. If your storage thinks that it is smarter than OS, you have to use synchronous file system without journal on it.

> you probably supplied insufficient power to the drive.

That's a distinct possibility. I've never seen so much damage done from that before.

I had two 1TB WDs connected once. Was sorting files on them, drive started clicking, failed. Required CLI dskchk in windows to get it fixed.

Technically they were connected to x86 pc and not to RPi, but they were sharing connection on same USB3 header and RPi is known to have limited power output on USB.

Your story sounded like my two hour long dskchk multipled by six times.

I won't try connecting HDD enclosures that rely on single USB connection to RPi or x86 USB sockets connected to same header.