Posts by tokul

Greetings, I was trying to install LibreELEC on my PC, but after completing the downloading process when I try to install it, I am getting this error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000012d). Click Ok to close the application." I have no idea what could be the issue. Could someone please help me to fix the issue? Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

Libreelec is not application. It is whole OS set to run specific set of apps. You can't install it on your Windows PC.

I have just installed Libreelec 11 generic, and I am a new user.

For some reason, I can't find the Chrome addon at all, in the repository "libreelec Add-ons" under "program add-ons".

Am I missing something?

Chrome browser is X window application. Libreelec 11 generic does not use X window. They switched to different rendering to make ARM and x86 builds more similar. If you need X window apps, they might work only in Libreelec 11 legacy build for x86/x64

There is old online store in UK that got loads of mini itx hardware and search form. Search form answers all your hardware questions. Store sells mini-itx stuff. You can guess its address :)

mini PCs tend to not include optical drives to save space as you can attach optical drive via USB. Asus got mini pc option with two M2s and one SSD. Again saving space as 2 SSDs take more space. One of those Asus kits comes with Ryzen 6000H.

AMD 6000H + 2 x SSD + internal Optical will probably reduce your options to zero as I can find only boards with 2 SATA ports and they come with AM5 sockets.

Thank you for your answers, would you have any examples of NUC11 to advise me?

Which processor (i3, i5, etc)?

How many gigs of RAM?

When I was talking about 100$ it's obviously for a second hand pc but I can put more obviously.

etc.

Product Description Intel Next Unit of Computing 11 Essential Kit - NUC11ATKC2 - mini PC - Celeron N4505 2 GHz - 0 GB - no HDD

Processor 1 x Intel Celeron N4505 / 2 GHz (2.9 GHz) (Dual-Core)

RAM 0 GB (installed) / 32 GB (max) - DDR4 SDRAM

Hard Drive No HDD

Product Description Gigabyte BRIX GB-BLCE-4000C (rev. 1.0) - Ultra Compact PC Kit - Celeron N4000 1.1 GHz - 0 GB - no HDD

Processor 1 x Intel Celeron N4000 / 1.1 GHz (2.6 GHz) (Dual-Core)

RAM 0 GB (installed) / 8 GB (max) - DDR4 SDRAM

Hard Drive No HDD

Look for barebone pc in your online store and sort by price. If you don't know what air mouse is, check amazon.

Although looks like local cheap hardware store does list multiple HP or dell mini pcs under 100 EUR and every single one comes with VGA, DVI or display port. No HDMI and extra charge for some infidel OS.

Any x86 kit will work. Just go with the one with integrated intel graphics instead of some fancy nvidia one. bonus, if you get hdmi or your tv supports vga. Half of your price will be ram/ssd/mouse anyway.

If you changed Midnight Commander build parameters in v11 builds, rollback, check why your QA testers end up in ER after tests or fix screen redraw.

MC screen redraw speed is too slow or redraw algorithm is broken in LibreELEC 11.0.0. Screen is flashing black on any fast actions (navigate, copy or move, paste).

details from two versions in spoiler. I don't see MC version changes, yet LE v10 mc is usable and I don't recall having problems with mc on x86 before update. I might try loading LE v10 x86 live on same box that got migraine inducing MC version as other x86 media box that I can use for testing got GPU incompatible with libreelec 10.0.4.

Display Spoiler

MC is borked

LibreELEC:~ # mc --version

GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.28

Built with GLib 2.75.2

Built with ncurses 6.3

Built with libssh2 1.10.0

With builtin Editor

With subshell support as default

With support for background operations

With mouse support on xterm

With internationalization support

With multiple codepages support

Virtual File Systems:

cpiofs, tarfs, sfs, extfs, ftpfs, sftpfs, fish

Data types:

char: 8; int: 32; long: 64; void :* 64; size_t: 64; off_t: 64;

LibreELEC:~ # cat /etc/os-release

NAME="LibreELEC"

VERSION="11.0.0"

ID="libreelec"

VERSION_ID="11.0"

PRETTY_NAME="LibreELEC (official): 11.0.0"

MC is not flashy as hell

LibreELEC-arm:~ # mc --version

GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.28

Built with GLib 2.67.2

Built with ncurses 6.1

Built with libssh2 1.10.0

With builtin Editor

With subshell support as default

With support for background operations

With mouse support on xterm

With internationalization support

With multiple codepages support

Virtual File Systems:

cpiofs, tarfs, sfs, extfs, ftpfs, sftpfs, fish

Data types:

char: 8; int: 32; long: 32; void :* 32; size_t: 32; off_t: 64;

LibreELEC-arm:~ # cat /etc/os-release

NAME="LibreELEC"

VERSION="10.0.4"

ID="libreelec"

VERSION_ID="10.0"

PRETTY_NAME="LibreELEC (official): 10.0.4"

mc updated to newer version? 11 generic-legacy reacts differently and more annoyingly to paste (Shift+Ins) command. I don't recall screen flashing on paste in v10. If it was redrawing screen before, now redraw is slowed down to the point where human eye can catch it.

Are you saying Raspberry Pi tools is supposed to provide an orderly software shutdown? It doesn't.

Are you saying in order to have orderly shutdown, you need to install a hardware switch on those IO pins and make some file modifications?

I am not saying that to have orderly shutdown, you need hardware switch on io pins. I only told that if RPi is powered off via menu, it will need that switch or other way to cut off power to restart. I did assume that tools addon is required and you are free to fact check me on that.

So far you kept claiming that Kodi power off does not work without providing any information to investigate it further. If you are here for blue twitter checkmark, they have other blue thing too on some posts. My RPi3B+ does not restart, if I use power off option in Kodi. It shutdowns. I don't remember its firmware version. Original RPi3B+ with 1 meg of ram. It does not have any extra hardware mods.

Checked Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2 too. 2023 Jan 11 bootloader. It shutdowns via Kodi menu even without RPi tools addon. Technically hardware is not shutdown. It is halted.

Install raspberry pi tools from repo. Pi3B+ shutdowns, if Kodi power off is used in libreelec 10. You would have to remove power after that to get it reboot. Click link does talk about adding missing button to Pi.

"with most computers that is a no-no."

Modern operating systems have features in place to handle abrupt power loss. power off is not recommended, but options for doing it are there and in some cases it is the only recovery option that you have. With libreelec it is even easier cause OS is on readonly file system. Your biggest power off problem would be with attached NTFS storage devices.

Code
    for file in `find . -name *avi`; do 
     name=basename($file,'.avi')
      echo "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>\n<movie>\n    <title>$name</title>\n    <uniqueid type="home" default="true">$file</uniqueid>\n</movie>" > $name.nfo
    done

add code to handle directory and spaces in filenames or put all your videos in one dir. Above code is just basic untested logic.

NFO files/Templates - Official Kodi Wiki

Based on Kodi wiki only title and uniqueid are required for movies.