Posts by tuhajbej6

Hi,

I have just made a satisfying workaround for this. Indeed I extracted these 2 binaries from LE10:

/usr/bin/nano
    and
    /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.system-tools/bin/mc-bin

copied them onto LE11 to my own bin directory /storage/bin/

as well as updated PATH env in .profile:

export PATH=/storage/bin:$PATH

and that's it. works without flicker. CHeers !!

Hi,

DTS passthrough meets some issues on RK3399 RockPi 4 on LE 9.2.2-9.2.6

With enabled option of DTS passthrough the playback has to be stopped and started again couple time before it starts correctly playing DTS audio. This involves DTS and DTS-HD. TrueHD passhtrough does not work at all.

It looks like some initialization bug.

Dear Santa... I wish this to be solved before Christmas, thank you

It is hardware possible.

A LibreELEC developer just has to add a working patch for Rockchip devices, test it and build a new image.

Eg. for Allwinner devices these patches add audio passthrough - Allwinner: WIP audio passthrough · jernejsk/LibreELEC.tv@87cbddb · GitHub

So something similar with a few changes could work on Rockchip devices too.

But they first want to improve video playback I heard so audio passthough will likely take the back seat for another couple of months unless independent developers can do tests and create a patch.

Thanks for clarifying.

I see it was commited in July.. So nobody willing took care of it yet for Rockchip?
    Not sure how the development goes - where can we put request in this case ?

Because no patch for it was added yet.

You can use the same patch as for Allwinner but need to modify it a bit to be compatible with Rockchip devices, which I don't know how to do.

The LE developers first want to add 10-bit, H265, VP9 video playback support for mainline LE before working on audio.

Allwinner: WIP audio passthrough · jernejsk/LibreELEC.tv@87cbddb · GitHub

So it might still take a few months unless someone can adapt jernejsk's kernel patch for Rockchip devices themselves or do it another way.

Well....in fact - 2160p@60Hz@10bit@H265is already working on RockPi4 moment as I write....how about moving forward in this :) ??

For many different set top boxes: This particular setting that annoys numerous of LE users IS AVAILABLE but NOT IMPLEMENTED.

Why is this setting Available in so many LE machines when actually it is not working - what is more inconvenient - when this setting is NOT TESTED - then the noise may destroy home cinema speakers or at least shock the user.

Suggesting posting HDMI Passthrough reports in this Thread for developers and testers' convenience. How about gathering the devices and chipset down here and show if it's reasonable to disable the HDMI passthrough option in a release when it is not working ot not fully tested.

Why it is not being tested ??

In many boxes - especially this setting - is just abandoned for "students".....Why is that ??

As an example - my RK3399 RockPi4 box HDMI Passthrough is totally left aside while there where AndroidTV implementations already successfull. How can I find dev group for I could ask for HDMI Passthrough implementation in LibreElec ?? Please advice.

cheers,
    Asia

Can you tell WHY it does not bitstream ?? I am guessing are there hardware or license issues...

Hi, has anyone also problem with Direct Passthrough of DTS, DTS-HD and TrueHD on RockPi 4 ver A in Kodi ??
    I get only loud white noise or something...the same I get on Android TV images. I was able to transmit DTS-HD on Odroid C2 but now looking for How to exclude that it's even possible to get DTS-HD working on RockPi ??

Has anyone experience DTS-HD playback issues ????

What might the limitations might be for DTS-HD to work in Rock Pi 4 while it works on AMLogics ????