Posts by -=guybrush=-

Hello to everyone! :) I've a Wetek Play with LE 9.0 on it and I'm still using it with satisfaction. Now I needed to move it to an ancient tv set without HDMI and I wanted to take advantage of the CVBS output. The problem is it doesn't work! :(

I've made a lot of research on the subject and it seems that the support for analog video has been dropped because it causes issues with HDMI. According to this thread:

8.95.1 on WeTek play: Video calibration not persistent

it seems that on LE9 Beta (which I coulnd't find a download link for) CVBS output should work just creating the "disp_cap" file in the userdata directory with the content of "576cvbs". I've found elsewhere that I could add another line with "480cvbs" on top of it and I've added it too. It isn't the case for me unfortunately: no CVBS output at all. Then I've found this thread:

OpenELEC 6.0, Wetek Play: No support for 480cvbs/i/p and 576cvbs/i/p modes in Kodi · Issue #4502 · OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv · GitHub

I know it's for OpenElec and not LE but, given that it references disp_cap too, I've thought that maybe the approach behind could be the same, maybe linked to some Amlogic guidelines, I don't know.

I've tried both with fallback_cap and override_cap to no avail. I presume all of this confirms that CVBS support is no longer present like suggested elsewhere. All of this seems confirmed by the fact that if I issue the command:

Code
    cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

no CVBS modes are listed. What's even worse is that now I can't get HDMI to work again, no output at all and I'm blind. LE boots fine and I can control it by the remote (just to power off, nothing more than that) and by ssh but, in spite of the fact that I've put everything back at the state it was at the beginning, no video, on HDMI neither.

I've deleted every added file from userdata folder and also checked guisettings.xml and there I've found a strange thing: references to a 720x480 video mode which I've tried to remove but it keeps reappearing (though I stop kodi beforehand issuing "systemctl stop kodi") and I fear this could be an explanation (maybe that video mode isn't supported by HDMI output).

Just to tell everything, I've checked the AV cables pinouts (I know it's a mess with Wetek Play and RPi's using different pinouts for example) and I'm using the right cable so the problem doesn't reside there.

Two questions then... How to build LE9 (I don't want to revert back to older versions because I use some addons which aren't compatible with older versions) with CVBS support? I don't mind breaking HDMI, given that I wouldn't be using it anymore. Otherwise, I have already found a LE7 image which seems to have CVBS support here:

The CVBS output is not fonctionnal

The second one is how to temporarily restore at least a working HDMI output given that it's clear I'm missing something. I've also tried to put the 'stock' disp_cap from the aforementioned folder in the userdata one, still to no avail.

Thanks in advance to everyone! :)

New update on the matter, a good one this time! I've always used my RPi2 with a 5V 2A power supply with no issues at all (no low voltage warnings or else) but, still trying to find a possible explanation to the issues I was experiencing, I've taken a look again at the dmesg output and this time there were plenty of those warnings. I've taken my smartphone power supply (5V 3A) and now the xBox One Tuner works like a charm!

I've come to the conclusion it is heavy maybe on resources too but certainly on power drained. I've just tried to swap the USB cable with another one which was slightly longer and it started acting up again in spite of the fact I've never had an issue with that cable, this confirming that with the tuner connected the RPi2 is on the edge alimentation wise.

I can confirm that on LibreElec 9.80 (the latest build by Milhouse) the xBox One Tuner works out of the box on my RPi2. The only strange thing was that I needed to disable the CrazyCat drivers (with them enabled I've got a lot of errors and I couldn't get the tuner to just search for new channels; should it be of interest, I can check again and post here the exact errors) while the other DVB drivers from the LibreElec team are disabled too so honestly speaking I don't know what drivers I'm actually using... I've to add that HD contents aren't enjoyable at all with a lot of stuttering, probably because the RPi2 hasn't the needed resources or maybe there is some tweak to do I'm not aware of, I don't know.

dtech

Hi! First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for not replying before but I've just noticed your follow-up. Thanks for your reply and for your effort with building those drivers. I would try them for sure and post here the results. Unfortunately, currently I haven't my Core at hand and I wouldn't be able to check soon but I'll do it ASAP. Can I ask you an off topic question? Where can I find the sources and some documentation on how to do what you've done? Have a nice day! :)

chewitt

I see that you've taken part in the thread I've pointed out in my previous post and it clearly applies to my case given that at the time of writing codesnake had exactly a Wetek Core like me.

I'm completely lost and clueless: would you like to give me an hint on what to do? I've read that thread but it is beyond my skills. It seems a matter or rebuilding both the kernel and driver from scratch if I'm not mistaken... Thanks anyway :)

Hello again. I can confirm that I've installed Kodi on Lubuntu along with tvheadend and the Xbox One Tuner works like a charm (apart from a bit of work needed at the beginning to get the tuner recognized, absolutely not a problem because everything was very well documented therefore all the needed files very easy to find). Excluding an issue with Libreelec which I absolutely tend to exclude, this leads to only two possible explanations. The Crazycat drivers have some kind of incompatibility with the Xbox one tuner (which I tend to exclude too) or the Xbox One tuner is too heavy on resources for just a Rpi2. I don't know nor I know what else I could try. :(

First of all, thanks for your replies! :) I'm certain that the tv hat is the best available solution given that it eliminates the USB interface just for starters but this isn't the scope of this thread. I have a XBOX One tuner and I'd like to get it working, sure that it is possible to get better results than the ones I'm currently getting, maybe not perfect but certainly not completely unusable like it is now.

I've made some tries dowgrading the client to version 4.4.18.2 (the oldest available in the libreelec repository) to no avail: the behaviour remains EXACTLY the same. Then I've dowgraded the server to version 4.3-1804 (again, the oldest available, this one not in the repository where I couldn't find any but on the nightlies server) and things have even worsened. Now it gives IMMEDIATELY the error message that the server isn't responding properly in spite of the fact that before downgrading I've uninstalled, cleaned all and reinstalled the older version from scratch.

I'd like to try a 4.2.x version for the server but I don't know where to find it given that in the official repository I find only the client, not the server. I'm starting to think that the problem aren't the server and client versions but libreelec 9.2 as others report. Downgrading to 9.0.2 would mean reinstalling everything and this is a pain but I would do it as soon as I would have some spare time.

For what concerns channels numbering, you're right and I know that but I had expected a right numbering from the outset just as it happens with every television because doing it manually is very time consuming: I'm certain there is a smarter solution which I miss because I tend to exclude a great piece of work like tvheadend could have such a big limitation. Have a nice day! :)

I've had some time to deepen my research and I've found this interesting thread:

crazycat: fix building for Amlogic devices using 3.10 kernel and enable for WeTek_Core by kszaq · Pull Request #2549 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

It seems EXACTLY what I'm looking for BUT there are a couple of problems. I have no idea on how to apply a patch and, even worse, I have no sources to apply it to nor a toolchain to build everything up. I guess I have more work to do...

Hello to everyone! :) I have an Xbox ONE tuner and, having issues with getting it to work on a Wetek Core, I've tried it on an RPi2 I had lying around.

My current setup is LE 9.2.3, tvheadend server 4.3-1896 and tvheadend client 4.4.21.1. The Xbox ONE tuner is detected just fine, just with the built-in drivers (CrazyCat ones). I can scan the channels and everything seems fine (apart from the awful channel numbering which doesn't resemble the one I get on a 'normal' television while it seems they're sorted in the order they've been found or something similar, completely unusable this way!). The problem is that after a variable period of time (it could be two minutes but also ten seconds, not more than a couple of minutes anyway), the channel I'm viewing shuts down with a still image and the buffering circle at the center of the screen. After that, I'm no longer able to see any channel and I randomly get the error "Tvheadend Server does not respond properly" (not always though). The only way to get it working again is rebooting but then it starts acting up again.

It seems a rather common problem and there are many threads about this issue but the proposed solutions don't work or aren't appliable being for different platforms like OSMC. Maybe it has anything to do with being my server the latest nightly, maybe incompatible with the client? Do you have a suggested version to use? I've also read of someone (more than one) having problems with LE 9.2 and tvheadend at all: should I revert back to 9.0? Would the Xbox ONE tuner be detected on it?

Thanks in advance for your replies and have a nice day! :)

Hi and first of all please accept my sincere apologies for not replying before. You confirm exactly what I expected, unfortunately! Is there a way I could build the right drivers for the Wetek Core or do I just need to give up? I'm not new to cross-compiling and I've done quite a lot of it to build what I needed to use on an old mips router I used once ago but I need a suitable toolchain and the sources. Am I out of luck?

A slight off topic... I had a RPi2 laying around and I've installed LE on it (I've always used it with OSMC before). My current setup is LE 9.2.3, tvheadend server 4.3-1896 and tvheadend client 4.4.21.1. There, the Xbox ONE tuner is detected just fine, just with the built-in drivers (still CrazyCat) but I'm experiencing other issues which aren't the scope of this thread and I'll talk about them elsewhere...

Thanks for your help and have a nice day! :)

Hi and first of all thanks for your reply! I've checked and all I could see when entering in the addon details was:

DVB drivers for TBS (CrazyCat)

9.0.0 by Team CoreELEC

(this is the title)

The only working buttons are "check for updates", "disable" and "uninstall". The "configure" one is disabled like there isn't anything to configure and/or select. I suspect everything is due to the version not being the right one, beginning from the fact it is the CoreELEC and not LibreELEC one or, even more probable, my kernel (3.10.108 as returned issuing the "uname -r" command under ssh) is too old and those drivers require a newer one. I don't know. Have a nice day! :)

Hello to everyone! :) I'm struggling to get the XBOX One usb tuner working on the setup mentioned in the title. By what I've understood, Wetek Core support has been dropped a while ago being it based on a limited (Amlogic S812) and rather closed source platform being the latest version available the one I'm currently using. Still based on my research, it seems that my tuner is working ootb on Libreelec 8.2.5 but I'd like to avoid being forced to revert back to it given that some add-ons I use require Leia. I've downloaded the only crazycat dvb drivers add-on package I could scour here:

CoreELEC-Official&f=driver.dvb.crazycat-9.0.0-2018-04-12.zip

I know it's for CoreELEC and for the Play 2 and not the Core (but, if I'm not mistaken, the hardware should be the same apart from the missing internal receiver) but it is the only one I could find. The rest I could find were all dead links or so.

On dmesg I get this:

[ 3.678638@0] usb 1-1.3: Product: Xbox USB Tuner

[ 3.683569@0] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: Microsoft Corp.

[ 3.688488@0] usb 1-1.3: SerialNumber: 000205070415

and this:

[ 13.182078@1] kernel-overlays-setup: processing conf /storage/.cache/kernel-overlays/50-driver.dvb.crazycat.conf

but the receiver isn't detected by tvheadend server (HTS Tvheadend 4.3-1774 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.0.444 which has been the newest version I could scour) and I still get an empty list when I go to "tv adapters". I also remember that during my research I've read (maybe on the CoreElec forum) that someone was talking about a 'legacy' version of Crazycat dvb drivers for older kernels like it is the case here...

Is there anything I could do instead of reverting back to 8.2.5 (given that is really true that my tuner works ootb with it, I don't know). Thanks in advance and have a nice day! :)