Posts by dtech

hi there. I have a S905 box using the DTBs from http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.2/device_trees/S905/ - specifically gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb . Can you please add support for loadable DTBs?

When booting from external storage (sd card or usb flash drive), the DTB replacement works.

I recommend the IMPORTANT NOTES - Please read them carefully before asking section of the first post on this topic.

• Using an external DTB only works with the S905/S905X/S905D, but also only when booting from the SD card or USB storage.
      If you want to boot from external storage with an external DTB, you can find it here: Index of /device_trees/.

But... Booting from internal storage will never work on my builds (except for listed devices), because the list of Android partitions may be different for each device, and if you don't know where /dev/dtb is, it's pretty hard to load it. The partition list for some devices is specifically defined in the DTB, so which came first: the chicken or the egg? ?( (You need the DTB to know where the DTB is located. Nice paradox...)

And since I’m not making universal images for S905x devices (like CE), please don’t expect that from me either.

The only "relatively fast" solution to the internal boot is to replace the DTB integrated in kernel.img with mkbootimg_tools.

The slower but better solution is to build your own build for your device based on my source code.

Things should be concretized a bit...

What exactly device do you have? The title of topic is M9Splus, you are writing M8Splus below.

Also, it doesn't irrelevant if it's an OTT M8S+ (S812) or a Mecool M8S Plus DVB (S905*).

For the second device, I’m not surprised that WiFi doesn’t work because there is no open source driver for the SCI 9082C chip, so it won’t work with anything other than the factory Android.

Furthermore, which version of LibreELEC did you try?

Edit: Even in addition to the above, there are a couple of types of products called M8S-Plus, so it doesn't irrelevant how the name is written. A photo of the box (especially the insides) might be simpler.

Hi, I installed on my old x8-h. Occasionally, you cannot turn it on again with the button after turning it off. I need to unplug the power supply and reconnect it. Everything else works great. Thank you very much.

when the player is on, the LED is off, but when it is off, the LED is on.

Unfortunately, I can't help with the LED because I don't have such a device and the DTB doesn't include an entry about the GPIO pin of the power LED either. :(

But the power-on error is probably caused by an uboot bug. Please try the description in the first post to avoid this error.

You can find the relevant section here: Fix the "power-on bug" in uboot for some boxes (S8X2 only).

If the same error exists on the Minix bootloader, it will probably help.

NB: dtech If you do find a Core for sale anywhere that takes PayPal we're happy to fund it.

I appreciate the help, suddenly I don’t even know what to say... Thank you. ;)

Just for info. In German eBay kleinanzeigen there are 3 wetek core on sale at the moment. Between 50 and 60€.

If you really want or need one, I can play proxy for you.

This may interest me, but how do we do this "proxy" thing?

You buy the box to your own address, I (or we) make an electronic money transfer to you and you send it to Hungary to my address?

I used "AlexElec 3.3.1" which is running Kodi 18.9-Leia and Kernal 3.14.

However, yesterday I also noticed that when I put Kodi 19.1 on the Android system of my K1 Pro, the HD audio formats (Atmos/DTS-X) also work.

This version here is the first that I have problems with the playback of HD sound, although the settings are identical (passthrough enabled and checked for all sound formats).

Okay, I retracted my previous statement because it doesn't work for me either. I will investigate this error.

Hello,

is it a known problem that the playback of HD audio (Dolby TrueHD/Atmos, DTS-HD/DTS-X) does not work? The passthrough for each format has been activated, but I hear only a creak on my K1 Pro.

Are you trying via HDMI or S/PDIF? Is the receiving device compatible with these formats?

Via HDMI the Dolby TrueHD/Atmos passthrough works for me without problems on my LG OLED TV, but I can't comment on DTS* because it doesn't support it.

I got my one here a few days ago: WeTek Core Mini Android Box Full HD 1080p 4K WIFI Quad-Core Mediacentre IPTV App | eBay

Is the new image able to run a browser? Chromium seems only to be working on x86

Unfortunately, that doesn’t help because mine also came from here and they don’t seem to have more pieces yet.

Although I contacted the distributor, I have not received a response so far. (I hope there is another one deep in the warehouse.)

Sorry, but I have no idea if the browser works, although I wouldn’t think of running a browser under Kodi.

I think browsers run better on Android than a media center OS. Hardware acceleration certainly doesn't work under LE on a browser.

I don't suppose your build would include the SPDIF multi-channel audio device (last seen in official LE in 8.2.5); [8.95.3 Wetek Core] Missing multichannel audio output ????

I've said it before, the Core and its relatively fast onboard flash , nice remote and optical out has me still checking back here in the hopes of getting it upgraded. Still a believer....

Okay... Act 2: Now I have a WeTek Core too (UPDATED):

dtech
    November 8, 2021 at 7:51 AM

Unfortunately, I can't try it because I don't have a Toslink cable or an amplifier that I can plug in this non-existent cable. /shrug

Update: DD and DTS also work properly through SPDIF and HDMI as well. I bought a used Creative DDTS-100 decoder:

The WeTek_Core project has been re-designed based on the S8X2 project.

Changes:

• The kernel has been replaced from the official (LE) to the kszaq-based,
    • Some disabled things have been enabled in kernel (e.g. CPU temperature, watchdog timer, etc.),
    • The HDMI-CEC now works properly,
    • Resolution whitelist and 4K patches applied,
    • The u-boot-tools-aml package added to image (fw_printenv, fw_setenv),
    • Audio output configuration changed (based on S8X2).

Primary download link: Index of /WeTek_Core/

Mirror (GitHub): Release LibreELEC v9.2.8.2 for WeTek Core only (2021-09-24) · dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML · GitHub

REQUEST!

Unfortunately, after building the image, my own Core device died. It worked for about 2 days, but the BGA soldering of the SoC was factory defective. When the heat sink was removed, the PCB was permanently damaged (the copper foil was broken at several points), so unfortunately it is no longer repairable. (It's a little funny, but most sad, that the thermally conductive adhesive was stronger than soldering.)

If anyone knows where I can get another one in Europe at a reasonable price, please contact me in a conversation.

Thanks in advance.

ochentay4

Code
    [    1.813044@0] ethernet base addr is fe0c0000
    [    1.847191@0] stmmac - user ID: 0x10, Synopsys ID: 0x33
    [    1.852354@0]  Normal descriptors
    [    1.855655@0]  Ring mode enabled
    [    1.858857@0]  No HW DMA feature register supported
    [    1.863541@0]  Wake-Up On Lan supported
    [    1.887259@0] libphy: stmmac: probed
    [    1.887291@0] eth%d: PHY ID 02430c54 at 0 IRQ POLL (stmmac-0:00) active
    [   44.808738@1] eth0: device MAC address 00:01:23:cd:ee:af

This is seemingly good, which unfortunately does not mean good. :/ (Well, that sounds like a pretty paradox.)

I have to ask if the device had the factory Android ROM on it, or is it possible that you crossflashed with the ROM of a similar device, such as the original (non-Tronsmart) MXIII or the ROM of another MXIII clone.

Unfortunately, this is an important question because I can't find any errors based on the kernel log, but this symptom you report usually occurs when it doesn't have the factory uboot bootloader on the device.

Another thing: based on the log, it seems that either the SD card or the slot is problematic because there are a lot of I/O errors:

If the system is already running from internal memory, it is irrelevant, but this log is apparently still made from the SD card.

Start reading from this post or few posts above as well RE: LE-9.2.8 builds for some Amlogic S905x, S802/S812 and S805 devices

I didn't try ethernet but will try it today as we are using the same image on similar box.

Your boxes are quite different. For example, your box was equipped with Gigabit Ethernet (Realtek RTL8211F), not 10/100 Mbps.

On the other hand, your box has an S812 SoC and ochentay4 's box has an S802 only.

But nonetheless, I am happy to accept the result from both. ;)