Posts by dtech

Complete name : \\ROCKNAS\USB3Share\Video Sample Files\LG View The Feeling 4K Demo.mp4

This is the same file I sent. :|

I quickly downloaded the other two files you opened according to the log. With my M8S, I got these results over Ethernet (via Samba):

- Elecard_about_Tomsk_part3_HEVC_UHD.mp4 -> It works over Ethernet, no buffering issue.
    - TCL Supercars 4K Demo.mp4 -> 100 Mbps Ethernet is not enough for this bitrate, always buffering.

Then I don’t know what was that you tried to play, but it didn’t like it...

Code: ffprobe 'Z:\_DEMO_\LG View The Feeling 4K Demo (8-bit).mp4'
    Input #0, mpegts, from 'Z:\_DEMO_\LG View The Feeling 4K Demo (8-bit).mp4':
      Duration: 00:01:56.84, start: 4200.000000, bitrate: 24904 kb/s
      Program 1
        Stream #0:0[0x1011]: Video: hevc (Main) (HEVC / 0x43564548), yuv420p(tv), 3840x2160 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 90k tbn, 29.97 tbc
        Stream #0:1[0x1100](und): Audio: aac (LC) ([15][0][0][0] / 0x000F), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 176 kb/s

Can you send a media info (^ like this ^) that the box didn’t play?

Hi MakaaiD,

Basically, the problem with the M8S is that it has been made by a lot of Chinese manufacturers and there are at least 20 variants or more of it.

They are basically the same but come with a different WiFi chip, a differently written bootloader, and multiple remote controls.

My M8S (in which I just replaced a 5V1 zener diode because I smoked up it with a 12V power supply) is an n200C version.

The copy made by Eny is a stock n200 and I would need that now. Somehow we should find out what yours is like.

You should try my M8S+ version on an SD card. If it works without error (except for the remote control), it will not be of an Eny type.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad it works under KII Pro as well.

I tried to find something meaningful for makemkv, but what I found so far only included PKG_ARCH="x86_64".

Does it work on Amlogic device at all? If you had such an earlier version, I would like a link.

You can try my KI Pro image, but you need to replace the dtb, maybe it can work with it.

Image: Releases · dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML · GitHub

DTB: gxbb_p200_k2_pro.dtb

I can’t guarantee anything, because the SoC and tuner are different, but it’s worth a chance.

Edit:

Okay, wait a minute...

There are two different versions of this device. If your version has an S905D, the SoC and the tuner are the same as the KI Pro.

However, if there is really an S905D SoC in the device, the previously linked DTB will not work!

If this is the case, try it first without replacing the DTB.

But if that doesn't work, try it with this DTB: gxl_p231_2g_dvb.dtb

akican

If I remember correctly, we’ve already talked about this in another thread.

Then you wrote that there was a version that worked with wifi, just the power on did not work.

You should copy dtb.img from that version to the SD card and try it out.

gjstroom

I added a couple of fixes, the new version has been uploaded to GitHub, it is available on the releases page. (9.2.6-20210209)

I tried a few previous M8 audio configurations, but none of them changed the situation, only Analog and S/PDIF options are displayed in the ALSA list.

I tried passthrough on M8S+ with basic settings, and my TV recognized Dolby AC3 correctly, but I couldn't try DTS because unfortunately it is not supported on the LG OLED TV.

Another question: What kind of S805 device do you have? Maybe an MXQ-HD18Q (a.k.a. "all black" with 1GB of RAM) or an MXQ-m201d (512MB)?

Thanks, looks like it's fine now !

One more issue, when using the Retrospect add-on no video shows until I pause and play. Any ideas about this ?

Normal video playback from a smb share also works fine.

I'm missing the hdmi audio outputs, only spdif and analog is listed at the audio settings. So can't do audio pass through.

I'm trying to find a solution for online video stream problems (like pvr.iptvsimple), because in Kodi 18.5+ the extraction of stream info has been pretty reworked, and amcodec doesn't really like that. (It reports 0 fps, 0x0 resolution, and it cause other anomalies when starting a live stream.)

The "Default (analog)" seems to be equal to HDMI output, but I don't why. (The analog output has not worked since OpenELEC v6.)

I also use it with this settings and it works properly without passthrough, but I will check the passthrough mode with my TV.

I reinstalled the 9.2 version. Installed the Dumpert addon and played 2 video's. The first one worked, the second one froze kodi.

It seems to have problems stopping video's and starting a new one.

Okay, I guess what the problem might be. After startup, try changing the resolution to 1080p to 720p, and try playing the video and then rewinding or stopping.

If the problem still exists, it will be different than what I'm thinking.