Posts by dtech

When something happens on the tvbox and needs my intervention, I connect via anydesk to the family's pc and then via ssh (the built in command of powershell) to the tvbox. Annoying procedure I know.

If you want to access and/or configure something remotely that is more easily accessible through the GUI (or specifically accessible only from there), then I recommend the VNC server addon, which can be found in the LE repository under my images.

That's all I had to say. Thank you for listening. Have a nice day :)

Thank you for your description. In LibreELEC 9.2 there was a bug in curl that caused some addons to not work (or work incorrectly) if the URL contained an & character.

Unfortunately, I didn't know the reason for this before, but a security vulnerability has since been discovered in curl, which is why I updated it to the current version, and with that the above error suddenly disappeared.

That's why I thought you meant something similar, but in your case it was a different story. ;)

jim_p Sorry to quote you from another topic, but what's wrong with the pvr.iptvsimple addon under Leia?

Ideally, I would rather install dtech's 9.2.x build on its emmc, since there is no real benefit of using the latest version of kodi or le just for iptv.

Just because, if curl's error also caused it, it has already been fixed in 9.2.8.12. However, if it was caused by something else, please provide a short description and/or a link where the error is written in more detail. Thanks.

I tried all "unbricking" methods but LibreElec won all battles and still is booting bravely every attempt I made (Tried several unbricking methods using the reset button on the bottom of the device as found in the Unbrick resources of Libre Elec

Unfortunately, at the moment there is no (easy) way to restore, because the factory bootloader is overwritten by the LE11 image, and the function of the recovery button in the upstream uboot is not implemented.

Upstream u-boot has no support for Amlogic proprietary restore image formats and sequences.

Currently the only solution to boot from recovery sdcard is the emmc pin shorting method (I haven't tested this):

Any idea on how to make this gamepad work on the all black mxq? It works fine on the pc (tested only on windows' built in app for checking the controllers) and it does show up inside kodi as you can see on the image below, but nothing happens when pressing the arrows/keys/joysticks. I have tried connecting it on all 4 usbs and changing its driver from linux to udev.

This is a common problem under LE 9.x, whatever platform you use.

Maybe try this:

ManuStrozor
    April 15, 2020 at 11:36 PM

This means that I must use the original kernel, or I can try to boot with the upstream images?

No, this means that the legacy 3.10 kernel does not care about the dtb.img file in the root of the SD card because it cannot load from there. Actually, the dtb is integrated into the kernel.img, which it loads.

But, if you would like to try with my legacy image, I recommend the MXIII-1G image, because this is the only image with 1GB RAM support for an S802 device. In theory, this should boot without any modifications.

wifi doesn't match what I saw (ap6210)

Since the v9.2.8.12 image, this is completely irrelevant, it will probably work, including the bluetooth part...

LibreELEC v9.2.8.12 (2023-11-20):

• S8X2: apply bcmdhd driver update for all devices,

I have access to it by UART, now I'm trying to copy the original boot loader to a USB.

This is completely unnecessary.

1. If the toothpick method does not work, but you have UART access, first of all write the image suggested above to an SD card with this program.

When finished, put the SD card into the box.
    2. Interrupt the startup process of uboot, then copy the contents of the aml_autoscript file line by line after the prompt:
    Code
    setenv bootfromnand 0
    setenv upgrade_step 2
    setenv startfromsd 'if mmcinfo; then if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} kernel.img; then setenv bootargs ${bootargs} bootfromsd; bootm; fi; fi'
    setenv startfromext 'if test ${bootfromnand} = 1; then setenv bootfromnand 0; saveenv; exit; fi; if test ${reboot_mode} = switch_system; then exit; fi; run startfromsd'
    setenv bootcmd 'run startfromext; run storeboot'
    saveenv
    run storeargs
    run startfromsd
    run recovery

^ If everything went well, you can't paste the last line, because LibreELEC starts after run startfromsd.
    However, if this is not the case, please send the messages displayed afterwards.

Don't even try to boot from USB, because loading the kernel doesn't work for S8xx devices.

dtech I think the idea was to get the box booting any non-Android OS first, and work forwards from there.

There's nothing wrong with that, but at the moment I see that my legacy images are currently being tested, and the upstream autoscript is not really compatible with them, that's why I indicated that.

By the way, my legacy autoscript does not have statically defined memory addresses that are present in the upstream version. Since there are some differences between S805 (m8b) and S8X2 (m8 and m8m2) in this area, it is not surprising why the 's805_' prefix is included in the name of s805_autoscript.

I see there is a bit of confusion here, so I think it would be worth fixing some things.

This topic is for the upstream AMLMX images, which works with the mainline kernel (6.x).
    But these are not compatible with legacy versions and requires completely different bootscripts.

Thefinaldoom

If you are trying to use the upstream version, you would be talking in the right place, but in the case of the legacy images I made, you are not doing this in the right topic. So if you were to try my legacy community builds, with kernel v3.10, then I would rather recommend this aml_autoscript.src boot script, and this topic for support-related communication:

dtech
    February 7, 2021 at 2:33 PM

This forum is quite big, so if possible, we try to communicate related things in their own place and not pollute other topics.

Thanks and cheers.

... the supplied IR remote 'OK' key is flakey (it's like its not polled 100% of the time - needs multiple clicks, there's no issue with it normally).

The remote control configuration of my build only differs from the last official one in terms of the functions of a couple of buttons, but the timings are the same. I still think that there will be something wrong with the OK button or with the batteries. I still think that there is something wrong with the 'OK' button or the batteries are partially dead. (But the first one is more suspicious.)

Bluetooth is on, shows my bluetooth remote, but it can't connect
    I use a a custom .hwdb for my bluetooth remote, installed the Aeon MQ skin, but otherwise no other changes.

Unfortunately, in the case of the Bluetooth connection, I cannot provide more specific help, because it is not really my area of expertise. However, since I managed to pair and connect 3 devices at the same time based on the screenshot above (a keyboard, a mouse and an audio device), I think the issue is not on the side of the box.

Hi, I tried your latest build (9.2.8.12) on my Wetek Hub and there seems to be issues with the supplied IR remote - sometimes the select button doesn't work or seems to be double pressed etc.

So far, no one has sent a report about the remote control error, and I haven't experienced a similar problem either. Unfortunately, the Hub has a pretty crappy remote control. Could it be that there is a physical problem with that button on your remote?

I also couldn't pair an alternative bluetooth remote as I couldn't get it detected under the bluetooth. Neither of these are issues on the original 9.2.8. I didn't test anything else given the difficulty in control.

Even with a Bluetooth connection, your description does not really cover what the problem is. I just tried it and connected several bluetooth devices to my Hub and they all paired and worked without any issue:

I know, it's a pretty basic question, but I have to ask: is 'Enable Bluetooth' turned in LE Setting addon under 'Services'?
    Also, is visibility/search function enabled on the pairing device you want to connect? (e.g. pressing a 'Connect' button)

After fresh install to NAND I just can get black screen - so far made it work including IR-remote (black Terratec NEC remote) as update to v8 after no success via disp_cap/guisettings.xml. Any other proposal?

If it worked from an SD card before, that's a little weird to me.
    Did you use the zip package for the installation, or did you upgrade from an earlier version?
    (Sorry, I just missed the point again: "After fresh install ...")

Loading alsa-device via module-udev-detect (want to try to utilize networked audio from Linux Laptops) leads to:
    pulseaudio[2118]: E: [pulseaudio] ltdl-bind-now.c: Failed to open module /usr/lib/pulse/module-alsa-card.so: /usr/lib/pulse/libalsa-util.so: undefined symbol: pa_alsa_ucm_device_update_available
    maybe related to https://bugs.gentoo.org/700870 .

I have to look into this, but I ask for your patience because I may not be available for a few days.

is there an easy way for me to upgrade the copy on internal nand apart from installtointernal then restore a backup?

If you already have my build installed on the eMMC, then boot from there, and copy the .tar file via Samba to the Update directory. Then you don't have to worry about saving/restoring, you just have to restart the box and the update will run automatically after starting.

Or, if it's easier for you via SSH, do this:

Code
    cd ~/.update/
    wget https://libreelec.dtech.hu/snapshots/20231231-master-5167113/LibreELEC-Generic_S912.arm-9.2.8.13.tar
    reboot

The end result will be the same. :)