Posts by dwoycheshen

Please try this img.

Unzip and use USB Burning Tool

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10h1vuoxn-vupfebj1xsusjojsww7dxz7

So this img is the ONLY one to work with my MXQ Pro 4k... i have the s905x 20170907 with an essencore drive.... it completed its burn... now to test

This may hold the key as to why i have not found anything else that works with this box.

Edit: after burning the red light stays on and i cant boot, or maybe i am not waiting long enough.

I also can not get the device to be reconized by the pc until i reset the flash on pin 7-8 (idk for sure i ran a wire along it to short each set one at a time.

I can get it to burn again, waiting for that to complete. This box seems to be a pain in the ass for a number of people so hopefully i can figure out whats going on and maybe be able to suppy a working img.

Another edit: I have found something interesting. If i burn this image to my box, change the image in the tool, do not disconnect power but unplug usb and replug it, i am able to burn the stock rom i found. I was not able to do this prior, so this img seems to open the write protect somehow.

I am also not erasing the bootloader either, but we will see what happens.

Thank you for making this or providing it.

Again another edit: So far i have tried to burn 4 imgs after burning the one you made with success. some the red light stays, some i get signal on hdmi but just black display, it is not entering recovery on any of them. I am thinking more digging to find the correct firmware for this stupid tv box. i am sure i can find a combination of parts to make this work... ugh...

Last night I found that my box can in fact boot libreelec 8.2. Success .... Sort of.

I also found that you can boot from the SD, as mentioned all over, get to recovery, but have no read write access to eMMC. Why can I even burn the black and red image to the device, but it can't boot? More digging at an old problem.