Posts by PadreMartini

Ah! I missed your line about the stutter. I also had a stutter issue when I tried Libreelec on Pi4 (though strangely it disappeared if I connected the Pi directly to the projector, along with the HDMI mode problem)

I ended up running a Raspbian build on the Pi4 and then manually installing Kodi and setting it to autorun on boot, which seems to have resolved the stutter issue.

I had a similar issue with my Projector/Receiver/Amp/Pi4 chain. In the end, no amount of config.txt-ing would cause the Pi to adopt the correct hdmi mode, so instead I added a line to /etc/rc.local, which runs at boot and switches the hdmi to the correct mode:

Code
    $ sudo nano /etc/rc.local

## Then add in the command you want to run above the exit 0, ie:

tvservice --explicit "CEA 32 HDMI"

I had this issue with Libreelec and a Pi4. Weirdly, it would only occur when running my pi4 through my AVAMP and wireless projector connection, and not if I directly connected the Pi4 to the projector's HDMI port. (I also had another maybe related HDMI issue, where the Pi4 would not select the right HDMI group when connected to the AVAMP vs directly to the projector)

In the end, I was unable to solve the issue. But FWIW it may be a Libreelec issue? I don't have the issue at all using Raspbian on the Pi4 with Kodi manually installed.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I am experiencing the same issue and maybe have some more data on it.

Scenario A: If my Pi4 is connected directly to my projector, libreelec displays without issue and all video plays without any stutter. All playback/video/audio/etc settings as per a default install.

Code
    > tvservice -s
    state 0xa [HDMI CUSTOM RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive

Scenario B: If I connect the same Pi4 to my AV amp (which outputs to my projector), it initially returns 'no signal' (though the sound plays through the speakers), requires a tvservice intervention, and then the same video, played off the same network drive stutters.

Code
    > tvservice -s
    state 0xa [HDMI CUSTOM RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive
    > tvservice --explicit "CEA 16 HDMI"
    Powering on HDMI with explicit settings (CEA mode 16)
    > tvservice -s
    state 0xa [HDMI CEA (16) RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive

Obviously, I'd like to be running Kodi through my Amp. Any suggestions? It seems like the video stutter in this case is connected to what the HDMI is connected to..

EDIT:

I've since shifted over to Raspbian Buster with Kodi manually installed, and while I have the same issue with having to manually intervene to get tvservice to output a working HDMI signal, there are no video stuttering issues on 720P/1080p x264/x265 files I was seeing on libreelec.