Posts by jkeijner

What box are we talking about?

I use the usb tool and reimage the original android, musthave done it over 50 times so far ....

woops sorry i messed up the qoutes. but nope the usb method isnt working on this box for some reason
    any other way to create an SD the gets me back into recovery? recovery.img from original firmware isnt doing anything.
    it boots to NAND displaying: Forced fsck failed. Your system is broken beyond repair
    Please re-install libreELEC

ah! just found a workaround for this . at least with my box.
    what i did was prepare the SD card for the LE 06 on NAND as described. then renamed the file recovery.img to kernel.img
    it boots with the green droid saying installing system update... watch the sreen, as soon as it reboots pulled the card out. LE 6 is then installed.
    i can imagine you could also remove the factory_update_param.aml to go into recovery directly. hope this helps and thnx all for the support!

This is bad. This method of renaming recovery.img to kernel.img has also stopped working for me after I tried restoring back to android stock(because this LE build didn't support hdmi passthrough) I got in recovery mode somehow but after installing the ota stock zip it stopped with error status '1'. Now it says "filesystem corruption has been detected". It won't boot to recovery anymore from SD, won't install anything. I'm really clueless now how I can restore this box:(

so if you're in recovery mode. maybe you can try installing your stock android zip first,
    and from there to LE?

unfortunately that doesnt work for me eighter. I use the recovery.img and dtb.img from this stock FW zip for my MXQ pro 4k:
    Download Android Lollipop 5.1.1 stock firmware for MXQ Pro TV Box - China Gadgets Reviews

still wont boot. what i did notice is that the SD card only responds if the kernel.img from the LE image is on de card...but that one is only for the SD install

ah! just found a workaround for this . at least with my box.
    what i did was prepare the SD card for the LE 06 on NAND as described. then renamed the file recovery.img to kernel.img
    it boots with the green droid saying installing system update... watch the sreen, as soon as it reboots pulled the card out. LE 6 is then installed.
    i can imagine you could also remove the factory_update_param.aml to go into recovery directly. hope this helps and thnx all for the support!

I am in the same boat, Sunvell T95m 2/8, works like a charm from SD, but nothing I try to get to the nand works, it just loops

I have done as requested above and it boots to the recovery menu OK

I then put another sd with the zip file and installed from that, all appeared to work, but there is only a black screen on reboot.

unfortunately that doesnt work for me eighter. I use the recovery.img and dtb.img from this stock FW zip for my MXQ pro 4k:
    Download Android Lollipop 5.1.1 stock firmware for MXQ Pro TV Box - China Gadgets Reviews

still wont boot. what i did notice is that the SD card only responds if the kernel.img from the LE image is on de card...but that one is only for the SD install

If you want to flash anything to NAND you have to have recovery.img and dtb.img from original Android firmware on your SD card.

yes i did that as decribed in the installation instruction. theres no way it boots up from the SD.
    its not hardware related because running directly from SD by burning the img.gz works, but not the NAND install methods...and sinds i need the SD slot free..

Hi ,
    Anyone managed to nand install in mxq pro 4k.sd boot works fine but have done 10 times different ways unable to flash in nand even after putting dtb.img,recovery.img and ledtb.img in sd card install doesnt start goes in loop.when delete aml script in sd card ,install happen but goes in loop and bricks no display out.
    The earlier versions installed in same box ok.
    Pls advise tks

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

i have the same problem. In my case it happened after trying to go back to back to 7.0.2.005 on the NAND
    now it cant boot anymore (only black screen) I used the exact method as described above for 006 to prepare the SD again. just wont boot the SD anymore for install. also the old method for 005 doesnt work. and no recovery mode
    any advice how get 7.0.2.005 or 7.0.2.006 installed back to NAND? my device is ott mxq pro 4k
    thnx!