Posts by vi7al

Guide below describes a procedure required to fix not working WiFi and Bluetooth on the Aun AKEY1 Plus projector with LibreELEC 8.2 by kszaq

Use custom built SYSTEM squashfs image instead the original one from the LE 8.2. It has all the needed fixes pre-packed.

Archive with SYSTEM image and its md5 can be downloaded here: aun_akey1_plus — Yandex.Disk

Place SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 to the root of the LE 8.2 FAT partition reboot and have fun with working WiFi and Bluetooth.

This should work for Aun AKEY2 Plus as well, however I do not have an opportunity to test.

:exclamation: Steps below are OBSOLETE and left here for reference purposes only.

IMPORTANT: as far as there is no prebuilt LE8.2 with proper wifi firmware you'll need a serial console access to the device in order to do the manipulations described in that thread. Serial console pins are located inside the device on the S905X "miniboard" close to the CPU. I would be able to give more details on that if needed.

TLDR;

In order to make WiFi working one need to extract firmware bin and nvram files from the original Android firmware or download them here, place them into LE and configure dhd module accordingly

Details

1. download wifi firmware (fw_bcm40183b2.bin) and nvram (nvram_ap6330.txt) files extracted from the original Android from here or mount /dev/system from within LE and extract these files manually

2. create /storage/.config/firmware/brcm dir and place downloaded files there

3. create /storage/.config/modprobe.d/dhd.conf with the following content:

Code
    options dhd config_path=/usr/lib/firmware/brcm/config.txt firmware_path=/storage/.config/firmware/brcm/ nvram_path=/storage/.config/firmware/brcm/

4. run:

Code
    modprobe -r dhd
    modprobe dhd

Congrats! Now you have a fully functional wifi in your LE

vi7al FFmpeg rework is not done so video seeking doesn't work and at end of playback numerous codecs will lock up. Until that work is done I have little interest in video issues (because we know there a loads). No idea about the WiFi issues; in theory there shouldn't be any device-tree or firmware differences between LE images and Olegs. The dmesg log would help understand that.

chewitt thanks a lot for the quick feedback!

Will downgrade to kszaq's LE8.2.3.1 for the time being, this one at least doesn't seem to have video playback issues on my device, only similar wifi problems which seems to be simpler to solve

Couple of questions:

1. Could you please share any link where I can track FFmpeg rework mentioned by you (github, whatever?)

2. What would be a proper thread to discuss LE9 nightly builds issues like the one I have with wifi? From my understanding current thread is dedicated to the Oleg's builds.

Hey folks,

I have Aun Akey1 Plus projector with the following specs:

• s905x / p212
    • 1GB RAM
    • 8GB eMMC
    • WiFi: BCM4330

Tried both latest builds from balbes150 and from here proposed by chewitt and encountered couple of show-stopper issues:

1. On both builds: video freeze when trying to scroll and/or stop video, only Kodi service restart helps to "unfreeze" it

2. On builds from test.libreelec.tv only: wifi does not see any networks both in UI and via `connmanctl` however wlan0 iface is present in the system and I can launch scan for it using `connmanctl`. Noticed some brcm firmware load errors in the syslog so suspect it to be the root cause.

Kindly ask to advise on any steps which can help with the above. I have console access to the system thus can provide any further debugging info as needed.

Would really like to replace stock Android with smth faster cause it's a total unusable user UNfriendly crap with such a low amount of RAM.