Posts by levitsky86

Dear Jernej,

I have encountered few more serious problems with current images.

First is that the image turns off so there is just black screen but with the working system (can hear sounds) and I have to restart (sometimes few times) from my mobile app to get the image back on again.

And the second issue is just complete freeze during TV watching. The video stops and the sound too (some millisecond of the same sound is repeating all the time) and the only way is to do a hard restart (power off and back on again).

I watch TV for the half of the day currently and both of these problems happen about 2-3 times every day always.

Dear Jernej,

I have tested the image on my Orange Pi Plus 2e for few days already with PVR IPTV Simple client. What I've noticed are some really minor (trivial) lags when whatching full HD channels using H.264 codec. Lags are minor, but they are present and appear once after approximately every 20-40 seconds. And a quick menu scrolling seems a really tough task for now as it's much more laggy then playing full HD video.

Jernej, I have tried the compiled build with PVR finally. All in all impression is good! Hardware acceleration works perfect when watching TV in full screen. Some major problems occur if I start scrolling the TV channels list while a video is playing at he background. It starts to lag and even can come to a full stop (5-10 seconds). But then it goes on again. Also it seems that the menu speed is not as smooth as video playback, but it's 99% OK!

Thanks for your hard work and waiting for finally defeating all problems and final release!

Jernej, many thanks again! I have done compiling the add-on and I have it as .zip file now. May I first clean all remaining data of my project before compiling the image for my board? Because, I have only 2GB of free space left on my Ubuntu SSD.

And can I use cleaning during compiling, or this should make the compile process unable to complete?

jernej,

So, I have done all the things from your link. I configured Git in my laptop Ubuntu and downloaded the LibreELEC, so it's in my Home folder now.

Then I have run: PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=arm DEVICE=H3 scripts/create_addon pvr.iptvsimple, as you have told me and it began creating a build with PVR (I suppose) for very long time.

Now should I just make and image using PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=arm DEVICE=H3 UBOOT_SYSTEM=orangepi-plus2e make image and that's it? Would I get an image with the PVR Simple add-on included, or what? Thanks again!!!

P.S. Or should I had to first compile an image using PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=arm DEVICE=H3 UBOOT_SYSTEM=orangepi-plus2e make image and only then to compile an add-on using PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=arm DEVICE=H3 scripts/create_addon pvr.iptvsimple ?

Jerneh,

Many thanks for your kind reply! Sorry, I don't know if it was nightly image, or not. But I have just burned an image on my EMMC using Rufus with the corresponding image from the link on the first page of this thread.

That should be easy with [tt]PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=arm DEVICE=H3 scripts/create_addon pvr.iptvsimple[/tt

Unfortunately I am not that skilled at all, so I don't know how should I run that. Perhaps there is any guide for noobs?))) Or, I have to wait until everything would be done to get the PVR...

Dear Jernej,

Many thanks for your work! I am new here, so hello everyone! :);)

I would like to test your build on my Orange Pi Plus 2E. I have installed it fine but I were unable to find any suitable PVR IPTV Simple Client neither in repository, nor from the Web. I have tried to install lots of different versions from ZIP files (3.8, 4, 4.1.1 etc.) but the Kodi just said there were problems and the Add-on hasn't been installed.

Perhaps, you could provide me a working IPTV Simple Client, so I was able to test the video acceleration on my board? Any help would be highly appreciated!!!