Posts by levitsky86

Hi Jernej! I have formatted the SD card and installed fresh LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0-nightly-20210412-142b163-orangepi-plus2e.img and latest PVR Simple client v.7.6.0.1 from repo as you suggested. Even though the performance (menu navigating) became even better, the bug still persists. 😢

Again I can replicate it easily. I have to start playing any HD orig channel and then turn on GUI menu and start navigating in it fast (while the channel's video playback is at the background). The best way to cause this issue is to just start scrolling the channels list up, or down.

First it cause's video playback image corruption (see attachment) then, when I stop the channel and then I turn on any HD (even not orig) channel the video playback would lag. Only reboot would restore playback to normal.

What do you mean without compression? I can't imagine uncompressed full HD - bitrate would be enormous.

I have chatted with my IPTV provider support and they say these HD orig channels are really without compression. If you need minimum 3-5 Mbits connection for usual HD (25-30 FPS) and FHD (50 FPS) channels, for HD orig you need about 20-30 Mbits. I have stable 51 Mbits connection. May I send you a generated link again with pastekodi after I have reinstalled the Kodi? Perhaps, you can find there new key for solution? Or maybe I have to try how it works from eMMC? But I remember my board worked worse on eMMC, rather then from SD card...

Many thanks for your support!

Note that repo might have a slightly older versions of addons. iptv.simple was recently updated, so even if it is in repo, check version and compare it to that from nightly image download page.

I have compared it and current versions on the nightly image download page and in repo are both 7.6.0.1. So, should the current nightly image LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0-nightly-20210412-142b163-orangepi-plus2e.img see it in repo? I can see it my current system...

LE settings Add-on > Services. In Estuary skin the add-on is linked in Kodi settings. In other Skins you may only find it under Program Add-ons.

chewitt, many thanks! Just forgot there is LE settings menu! 😊

Please enable debug logging and execute pastekodi in ssh after the issue is observed. It will upload all relevant logs and generate URL. Hopefully it will reveal something useful.

jernej, I have got the log file (7 MB). Should I upload it to some file share and provide you a link? Or you can just PM me your Email and I would send it to you directly.

I have to say that today I could replicate this bug. To do it you have to start playing some HD IPTV channel and then to start navigating the menu fast. The video on the background starts to lag in this case and then it stays doing it even when you close all menus and leave only the video channel playback. The reboot solves it back to smooth playback.

P.S. I have updated to LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0-nightly-20210409-d6594c8-orangepi-plus2e.img yesterday and made the log on this version today.

2 P.S. I have to add that my IPTV provider has FHD (60 Hz) channels and HD orig (without compression) channels along with usual HD channels and this bug seems to appear after either FHD, or HD orig channels are played. I suppose it could be because they are heavier for hardware. But they are all HD 1080p anyway.

iptv.simple was just updated in repo (some bugfixes), maybe you can first test with updated version when it's available. If it still doesn't work, then full debug log would be nice.

Dear Jernej, I have the 7.5.1.1 PVR Client for about a week and it seems to be the latest version in repo.

I can't find were should I enable the SSH in Kodi. I remember it was in services in old Kodi 16, but in this new I see only HTTP and SMB1-3 setup. So I can't access Kodi through SSH with my login and password as they are specified for HTTP. Please help! Thanks in advance!

Hi Jernej,

As I mentioned above I am very happy with recent final Kodi updates on my Plus 2E, but there appeared one bug that is really annoying and I don't remember it to be present in earlier RC updates.

As I said, I have a PVR Simple client and I watch IPTV HD channels. So after some period of time watching, some HD channels begin to produce video lags (they seem to be video hardware, not internet buffering issues). The only way to make these channels work fine again is to reboot Kodi! And I have to do it few times a day, or even more often. I have another TV that plays these same IPTV channels from the same IPTV provider and the same playlist and everything is fine with it, so it really shouldn't be an internet provider problem...

The only thing I can't know is weather this problem is related to IPTV Simple client, or to the Kodi video playback itself...

I want to share my gladness after updating to the LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0-nightly-20210320-7acf79b-orangepi-plus2e.img

I have been using the Release Conditate LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20210129-fb96fe2-orangepi-plus2e.img for some time and I was very surprised that there was no RC written on the newer 20210320 version (means its final?).

I use Kodi to watch IPTV channels through IPTV Simple client on my Orange Pi Plus 2E. And I had very serious and heavy menu lagging when I scrolled the channels list while any channel's video was playing at the background. I have to say that this thing was so annoying that you can't even imagine (sometimes even caused Kodi to self reboot). And it has been present in my Kodi from the first community images until this "final" nightly update that has been released just few days ago.

Besides that I have been disturbed by this thing for so long time I never thought it could be ever solved. And finally I can thank the developers and say that it is solved now. Even if its not 100% perfect, but its much much better then it was before! Really!!! Many thanks to Jernej and all guys who work on these images!!!

Dear friends! I have a problem currently.

I have installed LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0-nightly-20210320-7acf79b-orangepi-plus2e.img 3 days ago and the were absolutely no problems for this 3 days. But yesterday all of my HD IPTV channels started buffering (round circle in the middle of screen until 100% is reached). As I mentioned above I've got smart TV Samsung too that is set to play exact same playlist channels from the same IPTV provider and it works with no buffering.

Please note, that I have never such issue before (only when both TVs had this problem and that was either internet or IPTV provider).

I have tried to roll back to my previous LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20210129-fb96fe2-orangepi-plus2e.img but I was unable to install older PVR 7.3.0.1 from ZIP file and nor I was able to do it after updated back to LibreELEC-H3.arm-10.0-nightly-20210320-7acf79b-orangepi-plus2e.img and tried to install PVR 7.4.3.1 version again. I am able to only install from repository.

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated!

Today my Samsung TV started doing the same thing! So this is my IPTV provider problem. Sorry guys for troubling you!

levitsky86

Did you try that ? I don't know if that work for IPTV....

HOW-TO:Modify the video cache - Official Kodi Wiki

Yes, I did! Unfortunately those settings do no changes with channels buffering when applied. I have even installed some GUI addons which include them and they did nothing too. It seems like those settings worked for some old Kodi versions and they have no impact on current. 😒

Dear Jernej,

I always wondered if there is a way to adjust the Kodi's buffer size for PVR Simple client (or maybe just for video)?

The problem is that very often I have video buffering on Kodi whereas I have no buffering on the same IPTV provider's channels on my smart Samsung TV (both connected through Ethernet cable to the same router).

I hope you know how I can do it, or any other help is highly appreciated.

Thanks Jernej!

I have one more issue to report that is still present on my Orange Pi Plus 2E. I have wrote it some time ago, but it is still here and I don't know how to resolve it.

The problem is that if I power on Orange Pi when my TV is already on and is set to any other input rather then Orange Pi I get no image when I switch to Pi input later on TV (even though I can control the Kodi with remote app as hear the UI sounds and I do a restart in such case). The only way to eliminate the issue is to set the Pi's TV input before powering up the board.

I have switched off HDMI CEC on both TV and Kodi and that does nothing with the problem. I have also tried different HDMI cables. I have three other HDMI devices (Apple TV, SAT, Pioneer Blu-ray) connected to this TV and non of them reproduce this issue. Any ideas, how to resolve it? Any help is highly appreciated!