Posts by cartman74

I think i found the bug !

I hadn’t this problem with previous Librelec (<= 9)

So first i need to explain how i use my LibreElec machine. I use a software for my home automation (Jeedom). When i want to watch TV i just say to my Alexa « zap to channel X ».

- it triggers a Wake On LAN on my LibreElec machine

- it tries every second to ping the response of the API on 8080 port

- when it pings it switches to the desired channel with the API

The problem was i guess the « hammering » every second.

I change this to try every 5 sc after 25 sc of booting and now it takes maybe fewer seconds to switch the channel after booting, but it does not reboot in Safe Mode anymore.

So is there something new with the LAN interface and the API in this new version ?

Thanks for the support :)

I setup a new KODI in a new SSD drive and after several on/off I have the same problem without plugins etc ...

I noticed something when it goes in SAFE MODE at kernel boot :

When i googled i found this :

This message can be safely ignored. This occurs due to the Linux Kernel unable to locate any PS/2 controller.

Do i need to try to set this on boot in the grub ?

quiet splash nomodeset

Code
    set timeout="0"
    set default="LibreELEC"

menuentry "LibreELEC" {
            search --set -f /KERNEL
            linux /KERNEL boot=UUID=C9FE-B3B2 disk=UUID=046048be-ef87-4380-b66f-f155274b5c7f quiet splash nomodeset
    }

I will setup a new instance of KODI in a spare disk to check this.

The only plugin at startup is IPVR Simple Client and TVHeadEnd when they scan channels and guide i guess.

Nothing stands out, but the most common cause of unexplained crashes is add-ons. So start with a clean install and add things back in small changes until either everything works or you can pinpoint the change that introduces the problem.

Hi !

Several times when i boot my LibreElec machine, i'm stuck in SAFE MODE and need to reboot to work again.

You can see since my first setup how many times it fails :

Here is my latest kodi_crash.log.

As you can see I use the database configuration with an external MariaDB which is still in experimental but i never had any problems with this.

The MiniPC I use to run LibreElec is H31G.

If someone finds my problem ?

Thanks !

I tried to re-apply this update under Windows and replace my SSD with the Kodi one. Something strange :

Under Kodi 19 the device was recognized like this : PVT MATRIX 8*8 on DisplayPort #0 and i lost my Dolby Atmos capabilities.

Code
    Device 3
        m_deviceName      : hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
        m_displayName     : HDA Intel PCH
        m_displayNameExtra: PVT MATRIX 8*8 on DisplayPort #0
        m_deviceType      : AE_DEVTYPE_HDMI
        m_channels        : FL, FR, LFE, FC, BC, BL, BR, FLOC, FROC, BLOC, BROC, TFC, TC, TFL, TFR, UNKNOWN1
        m_sampleRates     : 32000,44100,48000
        m_dataFormats     : AE_FMT_RAW,AE_FMT_S32NE,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_RAW
        m_streamTypes     : STREAM_TYPE_AC3,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_MA,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_CORE,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_1024,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_2048,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_512,STREAM_TYPE_EAC3,STREAM_TYPE_TRUEH

Then i reboot one more time and my device was GSM LG TV on DisplayPort #0 like before my upgrade.

Very strange.

But i still have my Dolby Atmos problem under Kodi 19 ( and 18 too ...)

Hello !

I tried the new beta LibreELEC with Kodi 19 on a spare SSD before definitely migrating my NUC.

I managed to setup my own add-ons with python3 but i still have some audio issue with this Intel NUC Audio driver and linux kernel.

I have a Sonos Arc soundbar with TrueHD Dolby Atmos capabilities.

When i launch a sample video with 3 audio tracks, it does not work with the TrueHD sound track but it works with the Dolby Atmos track and the "simple" AC3 5.1.

If you want to try the file : sample Dolby Atmos

My logs : (i cut it)

My audio device :

Code
         Device 3
             m_deviceName      : hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
             m_displayName     : HDA Intel PCH
             m_displayNameExtra: GSM LG TV on DisplayPort #0
             m_deviceType      : AE_DEVTYPE_HDMI
             m_channels        : FL, FR, LFE, FC, BC, BL, BR, FLOC, FROC, BLOC, BROC, TFC, TC, TFL, TFR, UNKNOWN1
             m_sampleRates     : 32000,44100,48000,96000,192000
             m_dataFormats     : AE_FMT_RAW,AE_FMT_S32NE,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_RAW
             m_streamTypes     : STREAM_TYPE_AC3,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_MA,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_CORE,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_1024,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_2048,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_512,STREAM_TYPE_EAC3,STREAM_TYPE_TRUEH
         Device 4

My sample video file :

Errors :

Hello,

I updated my NUC with the latest Generic x86_x64 image today.

I lost my video settings and totally lost audio. I think it's the same problem as usual with NUC and DisplayPort/HDMI with Audio and video mixed.

Everything is now set by default under Video settings : DP1 / 1024X768. And my Audio does not work anymore.

I found this old trick's post : LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)

Code
    echo "blacklist snd_soc_skl" > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist-snd-soc-skl.conf

But it didn't work.

This is my today's log :

When it worked the last time, it was :