Posts by Deezle

No it can't .. but there is a price vs performance factor also to look at ;)

And yes, prelim showed Dolby TrueHD worked .. but my question is does it work "properly". Under intel both DTS MasterHD and Dolby TrueHD "work" but when passthru audio is enabled every few minutes the audio cuts out for a split second.

As far as I can see your goal seems to be same as mine:

A machine with

• flawlessly working audio passthrough for HBR audio like DTS HD MA or Dolby TrueHD
    • working HDR. At least HDR10, but better would be nice though. 😉

So let‘s see what a PN50 Ryzen 3 can deliver. 8)

beredim

Thanks in advance for your testing. I am pretty happy and grateful for it.

It's the Ryzen 3 4300 model. Did a build with a Kingston A2000 nvme, and 16GB of 3200Mhz ram.

A bit overkill on the specs for LE, but I figured if I weren't satisfied with the experience, I'd still have a well spec'd machine for some other workload.

Can a machine ever be too fast? ;)

pletopia:

I know. My RPi4 is only my last resort as long as don‘t have a fast machine for Kodi. I assume a Ryzen 3 is way fast enough for video and audio, but I wonder wether it‘s fast enough for picture viewing.

One of the first results of beredim is that passthrough of Dolby TrueHD works. So assume that passthrough of other HBR audio formats might be possible.

But we have to be patient until beredim posts detailed test results.

As I have written earlier I can hardly wait for them. ;)

HDR is another question. I hope beredim can provide us an answer to it. :/

Well I think I'll be hijacking this thread. My new PN50 just arrived, so...

• I can confirm latest stable refuses to boot. Managed to boot LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0-nightly-20210307-7932f3f.img successfully.
    • System did shutdown successfully on nighty v10. Didn't test reboot yet
    • Haven't tested IR yet.

Deezle Audio passthrough for TrueHD seems to work after a quick test. I'll try to report in detail in the following days

Thanks a lot for your answers to my questions.

Looks promising.

I can hardly wait for your detailed test results.

Which exact PN50 model do you have? Which CPU does it have: a Ryzen 3, 5 or 7 CPU?

In Germany, where I live, it‘s pretty hard to buy anything else than a PN50 with a Ryzen 3 CPU. I am wondering wether it‘s fast enough for viewing high-res pictures. My RPi4 decodes them fast enough but changing into a directory with a few hundred or even more pictures in it is a nightmare. It takes ages until it‘s ready creating the thumbnails. :(

I fear karpediemrsi has given up the challenge to get the PN50 to work.

Pity!

I would have liked to ask him a few questions:

• Is Audio Passthrough for DTS HD MA or Dolby TrueHD working?
    • Is HDR working?
    • Can one use the built-in IR receiver for switching on the device?

After experimenting a bit it seems to me that the IR support is not completely disabled masking only eventlircd.

I am using a Xbox 360 Media Remote (the older white one) in connection with a FLIRD 2nd gen. The On/Off button is configured to call the Shutdown menu of KODI. That works flawlessly when IR is disabled on BIOS level. But when IR is active KODI is shutdown pressing the On/Off button . The Shutdown menu is only visible for a short moment.

Is there s.th. else running which has to be switched off to disable IR support completely?