Posts by ant_thomas

Has anyone noticed any pops/clicks like static on the audio since trying "LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161028232312-r23412-g028df0e.img.gz"?

S905 T95N 1GB/8GB/100mbit

Connected straight to the TV using HDMI - changed to make sure it was HDMI output in Audio settings.

I've gone back to .008 to see if it goes - probably didn't need to try the devel version anyway since everything is working well already!

Certainly sounds like a wifi signal issue, especially with more people active in the evening. Since the satellite receiver is on the same floor just pickup some powerline sockets and it will more than likely solve your problem. I'm using them with my S905 box (and a number of other devices) and they work great when you're on the same ring main.

I thought it might be a good idea for people to give reasons as to why they prefer SD or Internal NAND installation.

I have personally kept to SD for the time being on my S905 box.

I'm currently travelling and in a hotel and have brought the box with me. To get online with hotel wifi I needed to login using a web page. Thankfully having Android available to boot to, it meant I could open the browser, login so the device/MAC was recognised, then boot back in to Libreelec off SD will full connectivity.

This will be the reason I'll currently be sticking with SD.

(another option would be a small cheap access point/WiFi bridge (even better if it runs OpenWRT) to connect the LE box to, login using phone/laptop and then the LE box will also be online)

This is not a deinterlacing issue, but container issue.

I tried to remux this .ts video to mkv with mkvtoolnix, and the stuttering ceased.
    Same happens with mpeg2 576i25 content and DVD ISO files with hw decoding.

Test files

Interesting, when I get chance I'll see if telling TVHeadend to send the stream as an MKV makes a difference. Either way the "fix" above works for TS.

In theory connman can do this but the GUI controls for it are not present in our settings add-on and historically there are mixed reports of success; likely a mix of wireless driver and n00b user issues. TL;DR the tethering functions are VERY basic and are not really suitable. Even if you manage to get it working (and no, there are no wiki articles or guides that explain how) many hours of swearing at network connections will be avoided by getting a proper wireless repeater.

Thanks for the reply, I thought that might be the case.

Was hoping it might be an easier way to logon to hotel WiFi so the mac of the LE system is bound to the login whilst doing the login from a phone/tablet/laptop. A cheap AP/repeater is probably the best option instead.

I just want to confirm that the wireless AP mode that is available is only for sharing the ethernet connection if a system is connected to the LAN via ethernet?

It isn't possible to share a WiFi connection? (acting possibly as a WiFi repeater?)

eg
    WLAN - - - LEsystem - - - Other device

To keep everything together in one thread.

A number of us have experienced juddering/issues with deinterlacing of H264 1080i50 content using the HW decoder. Especially with high motion content - sports etc, and with brighter colours.

I believe this has also happened for me with MPEG2 1080i50 content also, but I don't have any to test right now.

Yuri666 suggested the following to fix the issue which seems to work for me

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

noggin commented

I'm sure others have posted this but with 7.02.007 on a 1G/8G MiniMX (S905) there are odd issues with 1080i H264.

I'm playing a BBC One HD off-air DVB-S2 recording which is H264 (MBAFF) with 1080i25 (aka 1080/50i) motion and output at 1080p50 (aka 1080/50p). It looks to me like the chroma is being deinterlaced to 25p not 50p, though the luminance is being deinterlaced to 50p, either that or the chroma and luma are offset.

Saturated areas of colour on an interlaced source judder with this build.

Everything looks fine on material shot 25p (drama, documentary etc.) but fast motion interlaced content shows the issue.

Some sample footage of some boxing - ran-Boxen_-WM-Kampf-J_rgen-Br_hmer-vs.-Nathan-Cleverly_2016-10-01_21-40.ts - Google Drive

Very obvious to see around the red shorts.

Using the fix suggested by Yuri666 seems to make things work correctly.

I can try and provide some more sample footage if needed.

Was same effect.
    after execute

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

effect gone.

Thanks!

It looks like that has fixed it. You can use "0" to switch back whilst watching live to see the difference.
    [hr]

edit4ever Have you identified your WiFi chip?

Guys with deinterlacing issue: can you please post a sample? Can be a very short one but I need to be able to reproduce it. Thanks. Yuri666 Doesn't bypass_all turn off deinterlacer?

I'll PM you a sample to try. But what Yuri666 posted works.
    Edit, your PMs are turned off.

ran-Boxen_-WM-Kampf-J_rgen-Br_hmer-vs.-Nathan-Cleverly_2016-10-01_21-40.ts - Google Drive

Very obvious around the red shorts.

I'm sure others have posted this but with 7.02.007 on a 1G/8G MiniMX (S905) there are odd issues with 1080i H264.

I'm playing a BBC One HD off-air DVB-S2 recording which is H264 (MBAFF) with 1080i25 (aka 1080/50i) motion and output at 1080p50 (aka 1080/50p). It looks to me like the chroma is being deinterlaced to 25p not 50p, though the luminance is being deinterlaced to 50p, either that or the chroma and luma are offset.

Saturated areas of colour on an interlaced source judder with this build.

Everything looks fine on material shot 25p (drama, documentary etc.) but fast motion interlaced content shows the issue.

I'm definitely also seeing some funny effects on fast motion H264 1080i content, very noticeable when watching football.

Definitely try and do a speedtest using iperf (or iperf3) just to check.

On my 100mbit S905 box I'm able to max it with results of 95+ mbit/s.

If you're connected to the same switch as the other systems with good performance then you'll be OK there but I have seen some gigabit routers having poor network speeds.