Posts by MrMason

Solved:

I installed "Raspbian" instead, and installed Kodi.

It turnes out there is still the same error, after a little playback Kodi freezes.

So I went and bought a new RPi4, moved the SDcard, keyboard etc over to the new unit, turned it on and now everything works as it should have from the beginning.

So I turnes out to be an Hardware-issue on the old RPi4, which I returned to the store. I got this very early after the release, so maybe the manufacturing process was not good yet.

Because this has always been an issue since I bought the RPi4, I thought it was an issue with LibreElec, because when I got it, LibreElec was still only an beta-version.

I am still running "Raspbian" but I guess now LibreElec would also work good. . . . .

Really, a poll..?

If you want a debug log, you can also SSH into the RPi4 and upload the log file(s) from the command line. No need to directly connect your keyboard to the RPi4.

Use pastebinit ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log to beam up your log file.

Yes, a poll, I am a little new to this and saw that it was possible, so I got curious. :)

Thanks for the tip about "pastebinit", but the thing was, that every time I wanted to report this issue before, I did connect an keyboard (Logitech K400), and then everything then worked as expected, so I did not get an useful log-file about the freezing of Kodi.

But maybe everyone else always has an keyboard connected all the time, so this issue/ bug has not been "discovered".

I also always have the keyboard connected, but because it is wireless it is usually powered off, and that does apperently not work for Kodi.

I thought it would be easy for you to reproduce the error (just disconnect the keyboard and start any movie), so I did not upload any log-files, but let me know if you need them anyway.

Hi,

I have an Raspberry PI4B (4GB) with an 64 GB SD-card.

I am using the latest stable LibreELEC (9.2.0, RPi4.arm, kernel: Linux 4.19.83) with Kodi 18.5 (Build: Git:leia_pi4_18.5-Leia, Compiled: 2019-11-23).

And I noticed the following:

When using RPI4/ Kodi without an physical keyboard connected to the Raspberry the playback of any movie will freeze/ hang Kodi within a maximum of approx 30 seconds. If lucky a couple of minutes.

LibreELEC (Linux) will still continue to run in the background, so you can connect (SSH) and reboot the RPI4, but the Kodi GUI is totally frozen/ hanged.

This has been troubleing me for a while now, and everytime I wanted to send the debug-logs I connected the keyboard and then LibreELEC/ Kodi worked fine/ as expected.

I usually use Kodi without a physical keyboard and remote it via an Android App on the phone called Yatse, and this usually works great, but not with LibreELEC/ Kodi w/o a physical keyboard connected.

If I connect a physical keyboard to the RPI4 the configuration above with remoteing Kodi with Yatse also works great.

It seems to be the lack of a physical connected keyboard to the RPI4B to be the problem.

And I guess anyone of you could reproduce the error by disconnecting the keyboard and then starting a playback of any title.

Does anyone else have this issue?