Posts by sunny

Rats! I just noticed in CEC settings that the option for putting the devices to sleep when activating the screensaver was enabled. I've turned it off and turned off the option for devices to also put in standby mode.

These two CEC setting obviously weren't set to their prior values when I did an importation of the LE 9 settings and I'm guessing one or both of those settings is probably the cause of the lag after waking from sleep.

I've just done a full clean install of LE 10 onto a Pi4 (booted via USB) and have noticed that from time to time I get significant input lag of my TV's remote control via CEC over HDMI. I've been running LE 9 on this same Pi4 for ages and this didn't happen.

It usually happens after the Pi has been idle and the screen saver is showing; the remote's input will work for a few seconds, then there will be a lag period of around 4-6 seconds where none of the inputs will register on the UI, then they will all flood in at once. The inputs are obviously delayed in a buffer, waiting to be processed.

I've had a look at the CEC input settings and can't see anything that would cause this, and the CEC settings are the same as another Pi3 I have running LE 9 attached to the same TV via HDMI and also controlled via CEC. I haven't bothered looking at any logs yet, as it's just a mild annoyance at the moment, but maybe it might be something others have experienced with the new LE 10 release and CEC.

I have a new Pi 4 running the latest LibreElec. It is connected to my Samsung TV via HDMI and to my AVR via SPDIF via a HiFi Berry Digi+ card. There are two other Pis connected to the TV via HDMI... a Pi 3 running OSMC and a Pi 2 running RetroPie. I use the TV's remote to switch between them and control them via CEC.

When anything is playing on the Pi 4 with Libre, if I switch to one of the other PIs via CEC, the audio stops. This is expected for audio via HDMI but should not be for audio via the HiFi Berry card to the AVR, the audio should just keep going out, allowing audio to the AVR whilst other devices send audio via HDMI. (ie music playing from Pi4 to AVR while playing movie to TV from Pi 3).

Is there some setting in LIbre that stops audio on all ports when switching devices via CEC? This doesn't happen with OSMC

ANSWER: Ahh, found it. There's a setting in the CEC Adapter add-on to pause the Pi when switching devices. I turned that off and all is good now.