Posts by phob08

quick update:

i can now safely say that my problem of losing HDMI signal in 25fps videos is connected with showing the progress bar during playback with hyperion active.

Using the settings suggested by hias, playback per se works. but as stated above, as soon as i press any button that pops up the progress bar , HDMi signal will be lost after a second or so. i can reproduce this with any kind of 25fps video. Due to copyright reasons i am reluctant to upload anything, but i checked it with some youtube video with the same results (HIS DARK MATERIALS Trailer (2019) - YouTube -> downloaded as mp4).

i was also mistaken that the machine doesn't come back up if i force it to reboot... it just takes about 5 minutes (no kidding) to be back up in this case. this is on a RPI4 4gb connected to a LG Oled C9 with 106 APA102 LEDs.

any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks once more hias

I tried your suggestion. Now the Video seems to play fine for a while but the instant i press any button on the remote that will bring up the progress bar, the hdmi signal craps out. I can see a slight "stutter" in that moment and the progress bar isd isplayed for about a second or two and then all goes black. Interestingly kore remote app shows the video as still playing and ambilight still does its thing.

And seems you're right, while I can still ssh into the machine after signal loss and force reboot but it does not come back up again (LE i mean).

I have tried different 25fps tv shows all show the same pattern though :/

i would like to add to this (or maybe it is just my system)

RPI4+Hyperion will lose signal after a couple of seconds playback with every 1080p 25hz (PAL i suppose) video i feed it.

However, this will only happen if i activate "adjust refresh rate to video", if i force 25hz it does not happen. But then playback is juddery

It is kind of weird bc if i disable Hyperion and run the video with adjust refresh rate enabled, it will play perfectly fine but the FPS are all over the place. Jumping from 20ish to sometimes 40 and back. But the playback is fluent...

Any workaround for this? I mean i know 4k is pretty much out of the question for now but it would be great if the RPI handled all 1080p material fine

on another note, is there a way to re-enable the lost HDMI signal when it happens apart from actually cutting the power from the RPI? For me even a reboot does not help and it's kind of annoying :)

thanks

update:

not expecting much i ordered a MicroHDmi-HDMI cable off of amazon (amazon basics cable, just search for it). TV recognized rpi as Rouko just as before with no HDMI-CEC . Frustrated i resetted the HDMI port in TV from Rouko set top box to just HDMI (no device) and to my surprise all of a sudden the TV remote worked! I have now full control over LE via LG Magic Remote :) (interestingly Kodi also identified my Soundbar connected via HDMI Arc)

so you might want to try out a direct cable connection (i used the official Micro HDmi adapter before). Hope it helps

okay so what i did

- backed up LE via LE-backup service

- installed fresh LE on another SD card

- installed hyperion:

-> RPI: install addon from repo

-> PC-SSH: activated SPI as per instructions from the wiki

-> PC: loaded my old hypercon conf in the LE Hypercon App

-> PC-SSH: added the delay.conf (thanks again)

-> reboot -> swirl appears after kodi has booted up -> no more signal drop -> happiness

---then i figured time to restore the backup (deleted the autostart.sh and hyperion config from the .tar beforehand) which naturally destroyed all system settings X( so i had to go through the hyperion installation process once more..

but now finally it seems to be working as intended. So thanks again for your help Hias!! just wrote it all down for reference maybe somebody else runs into the same problem in the future

one last question: is there any downside to using the addon of hyperion VS the "official" installation routine? i can see the advantage of it not being such a messy installation but are there any disadvantages (feature wise / update wise)?

thanks for the reply

so you don't see a way to quickly add this delay to my current installation? thought this might be an easy fix

if not I think what i'll do is just clone the SD-card to have something to fall back on if all fails. so if i got this right:

1) delete /storage/hyperion and /storage/.config/autostart.sh (config file backup is on my pc anyway)

2) install LE-Hyperion Addon

3) Add the delay script as you pointed out in the other thread

4) profit?

cheers and thanks again

thanks so much! that makes a lot of sense since the hdmi signal loss tends to happen right when hyperion lights up the LEDs for the initial swirl.

however my problem is that i installed Hyperion through the Hypercon PC-App via SSH bc the developers explicitly state on their website it should be installed this way and not via LE addon (Installation on LibreElec | Hyperion - Forum). This means running systemctl status service.hyperion returns "Unit service.hyperion.service could not be found." :(

Now i am hesitant to just install the addon to make this work. i am so glad that the whole ambilight setup finally works (well sort of ...) and don't want to break things by installing the addon over the existing installation.

so do you have an idea how to make your delay script work with my installation of hyperion?

maybe add it here /storage/.config/system.d/ ...?

or with a generic delay here /storage/.config/autostart.sh ?

sorry i am still new to linux so any help would be much appreciated

hi

i have this weird issue that whenever i reboot my RPI4, the TV loses the HDMI signal.

what happens is LE shuts down and the RPI4 reboots. i can even see the LE splashscreen but after that the signal just craps out.

LE itself seems to boot up as it should as i can control kodi with kore and SSH into the machine but no matter what i do i cannot get the HDMI signal back (rebooting again also doesn't help)

The only thing that gets the signal back is to disconnect the power, wait for ~20sec and plug the power back in.

apart from Hyperion and Emby Server there are no addons installed. TV is LG OLED C9

i have tried different hdmi cables, HDMI0 and HDMI1 ports, and the HDMI hotplug option but none of that helped.

any ideas would be much appreciated as this is driving me crazy.

Hi me again...

i am struggling to get HDMI CEC connectivity working with my LG Magic Remote (LG C9 TV) and LE running on a RPi4.

The TV seems to recognize the RPi4's HDMI CEC signal and after some initialization even displays a message saying that i should be able to control the device with the remote. Alas, none of the remote buttons do anything in kodi. the TV identifies the RPi4 as a Roku device.

i have tried setting the TV-HDMI port to different devices (different set-top boxes, PC, console, etc etc). I have also played around with simplink option in the menus (that's what LG calls their HDMI CEC integration iiuc) but no success

so if anyone has gotten LG remotes to play nice with LE on a RPi4 please let me know

hey so i did some further testing , alas no success

- disabled hyperion completely

- messed around with audio settings (according to another thread there was something about audio passthrough which -in any case- i am not even using)

- whitelisted a bunch of resolutions

- forced the gui to 23.9hz and disabled/enabled "adjust refresh rate"

- forced gui to 60hz (etc...) and disabled (=crash) / enabled "adjust refresh rate"

- played around w deinterlace

but still ~10fps playback. interestingly if the scene is relatively still fps will be at the desired 23-ish mark but as soon as there is movement it will plummit back to 10fps (while temps are at 50°c and load <15%)

i am kind of running out of ideas tbh.. so if anyone has an idea please share!

:edit

-stopped/disabled all docker containers

-tried the other HDMI-out at the rpi4 (no sound all of a sudden...)

no success...10fps. It might also be worth mentioning that the GUI too feels pretty sluggish when navigating through menus

Hi

so i have LE running on a 4gb Rpi4 connected to a LG C9 TV running Hyperion service in the background for the diy-Ambilight. My media is stored on a USB3 WD 3.5" external hard drive.

I solved my initial problem of LE just flatout crashing after a couple of seconds by switching system resolution from 4k to 1080p60. It will however still crash as soon as i play any video without adjusting framerates after a couple of seconds of playback (apparently it's a problem with hyperion+60hz+rpi4). Not a big deal since most content i watch is 23.9fps anyway. So i've enabled adjust refresh rate change to 'always' and finally videos do play... well, sort of...

The problem is that playback is really choppy and checking the OSD status reveals that instead of the desired 23.9fps the playback framerate floats around the 10fps mark. What's weird is that the cpu at the same time sits at a comfy <20% load. And i am talking 1080p h.264 content, so nothing that should give the rpi4 any trouble..

i have tried disabling hardware acceleration in the playback menu but that just bumps up the cpu load. The 10fps problem persists.Checking the logs also did not reveal anything out of the ordinary.

i thought that it might have to do with the fact that the rpi4 is running an emby server and that playback on the same machine might cause some trouble but even when i play the video via the kodi file explorer from its physical location i get the same problem.

any ideas/help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

i am sorry to dig up this issue but i am still having problems

so i have the same problem and i think it has something to do with the folder mapping as "Da Flex" said. However , googling the issue i didn't really find anything...

jdownloader just refuses to store anything on the external USB drive

this is the command i used to start and change the default download path to my external drive

docker run -d --restart=always -v ~/var/media/[EXTERNAL DRIVE NAME]:/root/Downloads -v ~/jdownloader/cfg:/opt/JDownloader/cfg --name jdownloader -u $(id -u) jaymoulin/jdownloader

the files downloaded are stored not on the external drive but in a dummy directory which was obviously created: ./var/media/[EXTERNAL DRIVE NAME]

sorry i am still learning Linux and i feel like there is a very obvious mistake i am missing :/ any help would be much appreciated

i am having the same problem. cannot connect to the repo. tnds82 has last been online october 2019 so...

can somebody push me in the right direction what's currently the optimal way to set up a Plex Server on a LibreElec Rpi4? Any help would be much appreciated