Posts by zarzamo

I have choosen gamestarter addon as system and the path to external launcher the one I have mentioned before. The ROMs are downloaded to the IAGL temp folder (IAGL addon default)

This are my settings in IAGL for N64 games:

Thank you both for your Support!

I anyhow reinstalled RA addon directly from the repo (should be 9.178.15) updated cores with the addon setting and reassigned directories from "~/.config/retroarch/" (which seems to no longer exist, i cannot see it anymore in the LE directories) to "~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.retroarch/". I could sucessfully load and play SNES, Arcade/Mame and Dreamcast games (the only i tested) inside the launched retroarch addon. So this works! Maybe issue is related to IAGL config or maybe paths?

The path i have defined in IAGL for Retroarch as external launcher is:

storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch

I use RA 9.178.15 versión (the last one, not beta) as external launcher, and is working fine.

The previos RA version I used to download cores, mentioned in the previos post, was 8.177.14. Once I had the cores, installing the last version of RA it worked for me.

Be sure you have well defined Retroarch path in IAGL.

Maybe its not the correct way but you can try it.

And thank you so much bite_your_idols for your great work!

Hi there, I'm on the RPi 4 and can't get RetroArch get to work on LE... As both as on the newest LE 9.2 as also on the previous version 9.0.2.

• I installed Retroarch 9.178.15 via Zip.
    • I also set up the folders (Retroarch folder and retroarch.cfg in the RA settings).
    • I use IAGL for searching for ROMS and locally download them to a USB Stick from where I load them.
    • I unchecked "Use Retroplayer Cores only"
    • I updated the libretro cores
    • I checked in the retroarch.cfg if the path to the cores is correct. Should be this one: https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/armhf/latest/

But when I assign games to external launcher and want to start them I always get black screen or "Wait for IAGL script to launch" or something. Independent from which core / emulator I use.

When I go directly to RetroArch add-on I can select and play games. But if I hit core updater nothing happens.

Can anyone give me a hint what I can do to get it work in LE?

Sorry if it's the wrong place here...

Hi,

I had a similar problem in my Pi 4 with Retroarch 9.178.15. After updating cores in the addon configuration, I ran the Retroarch addon but couldn't load any core, and nothing happened when i hit core updater. I had the same problem with the previous Retroarch 9.178.15 beta versión. Looks like the cores are not installed.

To update the cores, I installed a previous version of retroarch, updated the libretro cores, and then installed the new Retroarch versión 9.178.15. Then I could see and load the cores in the Retroarch addon.

In my case doing this, Retroarch is working fine as IAGL external launcher.

Sorry for my bad English