Posts by knaerzche

4920441 Which label says its RK3228 on A95XR1? I'm about to give up on saying anything about whats inside any of those boxes: Looks like the put in whatever the want :) For remote: Take a look a IR picture here: [unoffical] LE-9.2-Images for RK3229/RK3228 if you having exactly the same remote for your box (note the square recess at the bottom) you'll have to take the remote.conf from here: [unoffical] LE-9.2-Images for RK3229/RK3228. If you have one without remote should work out of the box.

creited: They really sold a rk3228 what should be an s912? That's hard ... However: Looks like I forgo to acitvate sdmmc in devicetree (though to the fact, that "original" h96 mini has no sd slot) ... I will update the legacy images soon and change this too. You could try v88 mars II (notice the "II") ... this should work as well.

R0bur Might be that with 4.4-Kernel some pinctrls are initialised differently: Please try to replace GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH to GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW for one or both leds (i.e: set 0x0 to 0x1)

shippy

Thanks for the compliment - wasn't to easy, since no documentation is available about this soc ... SV6051 will work in both AP and station mode in LE. I'm currently adding a recipe for Armbian ... mainly because it will make porting to mainline way easier than doing it with LE ... you will have a full linux system available than ... should pop up there next few days/weeks. (BTW: You don't have to use a toothpick - devices will boot from sd card automatically - if there is one is inserted)

iluha24

You willl loose your android system an h96 mini if you want to install LE - you will have to erase the whole flash and you can't easily return to android. I DONT recommand this to inexperienced users. You will have to use linux since all windows tools don't allow writing to flash at start postion:

use rkdeveloptool - you will have to compile your own from GitHub - rockchip-linux/rkdeveloptool (maybe it can be compiled on windows too, I didn't test - I don't use windows at all) - or download my precompiled binary (x86_64) from here: rkbin/rkdeveloptool at libreelec-cleanup · knaerzche/rkbin · GitHub. Yor will also need a loader binary which can be downloaded here rkbin/rk322x_loader_v1.10.256.bin at libreelec-cleanup · knaerzche/rkbin · GitHub

0. Make sure you have the gunzipped version of LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200114135155-0bca75f-rk3228a-h96mini.img.gz

1. Put the device in "loader mode" by pushing the button in the AV-outlet (example with an toothpick)

2. While pusing it attach the device with an USB-A-to-USB-A-Cable (use the first usb port from front) to yo computer (you should now see an USB device attached to your computer)

3. execute

Code
    rkdeveloptool rd 3

to put your device in maskrom mode

4. Downloader loader to your device

Code
    rkdeveloptool db rk322x_loader_v1.10.256.bin 

5. Erase the flash of your device by executing

Code
    rkdeveloptool ef

This will erase you compete android system - no way back!

6. Execute:

Code
    rkdeveloptool wl 0x0 LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20200114135155-0bca75f-rk3228a-h96mini.img

Wait until it's completely done with writing.

7. Execute

Code
    rkdeveloptool rd

This will reset your device - and LE will come up

Again: I don't recommend this to anyone - I added this Image mainly because it can be used with other devices as HK1 lite.

This only way back is to short emmc (see freaktab for advices how to do that) - this will bring your device in maskrom mode - you can reflash android than. I already tried to make an usb-boot version - which seems to be next to impossible, because this device uses the old "rkboot" version of u-boot and an 3.10 kernel (and a fake android 9 version, which is in fact android 7)

@WindrunnerXT

If you want your device to be faster - try to use the device tree from v884k - the ddr timings are the same:

Insert the SD-Card in your computer open the LIBREELEC partion/device. Extract "SYSTEM" from LIBREELEC paration (using unsquashfs on linux or 7zip on windows) go to /usr/share/bootloader - you will there find rk3229-box-v884k.dtb - copy this file to "LIBREELEC". Edit extlinux/extlinux.conf and replace "rk3228b-box-v88mars-II.dtb" with that new filename.

Never heared of "S9012P" wifi - there is no driver available in RK kernel.

Just pushed an new Release: Release RK322x-le92-0bca75f: Add RK3228B MK809IV target / Enable bluetooth for rtl8723 and ap6xxx … · knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

I finally got rid of this annoying bug, that kodi was stopped after 10 minutes "automatically" - or the flickering screen on 4K-Display (which also happend exactly 10 minutes afer bootup) - I also added autodetction for HDMI/Tvout - you don't need any devicetree moification anymore, if you want to use tvout. For this reason the "splash" screen is now set to 1920x1080 for HDMI output (hardcoded), since the HDMI-phy won't automatically detect a signal on any higher resolution. Kodi itself will start in higher or lower resolution... whatever your screen supports.

If your screen does not support 1080p you will see only a black screen before kodi starts for this reason (HDMI only)

You have 3 options:

1. edit extlinux/extlinux.conf: set the parameter

Code
    video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080

to a value which your screen supports

2. Remove this parameter complety, if you are sure you will nerver connect your box to a 4k screen

3. Accept the blank screen: Kodi will come up, even if the splash does not (be careful espacially for the first boot: give some time for resizing disk, reboot etc.)

Bluetooth is now enabled and should be autmatically brought up (on supported chipsets, rtl8723b, ap6xxx)

Added support for RK3228 Devices - this and more: see [unoffical] LE-9.2-Images for RK3229/RK3228

k7k8 :

HDMI IN is not possible ... but HDMI OUT is ,,, just try the new images ... you don't need to replace the dtbs any longer

Since I cannot reproduce this issue with any addon I'm using: it might be caused by that very addon. I'm not going to install it on my side, since I don't support piracy in any matter (and I deeply support any effort kodi or LE is doing to be no longer considerd as piracy platform) : Please go ahead and check with some none-piracy addon you're (hopefully) using

I thought that slow speed is normal for this old cheap box but now its realy fast and quite usable!

I was suprised too - espacially compared to android

'grep: /proc/net/pnp: No such file or directory'

This seems to be an LE specific thing - never had an installation were it didn't come up ... even on x86 (if I remember correctly)

Can't control via HDMI-CEC.

CEC support is implemented and working (for example an A95XR1), but depends on if the manufacturer you bought the box from risk the <1 cent value and soldered the n-mosfet and 10k resistor necessary to make it work - yours obviously did not - you can do it your own like for tinkerboard: HDMI CEC support? - I did it and it turned out to work for tvbox pcbs too - you will have to have a really calm hand and some soldering experience - parts are really small

Kodi just rebooted itself.

I'm still investigating this system doesn't reboot, but kodi restarts itself .. seems to be something DRM/GBM ... it should only happen one time after LE startup and only if your not watching a video

One strange issue. On ff or rewind movie that I watching through addon video freezes but sound is going on. Local files are ok

Which addon is it? Could not reproduce this a single time with any pvr or video addon ... Is it DRM-protected content?

Yes, it starts!

Good to hear :)

After switching off can't turn it on by remote.

It's the same for all rk devices in LE at the moment ... may change in future

I just figured out how to enable dram-controler in the kernel on RK3228 devices - it works great on my rk3228a - could you test it with yours:

Release RK3228B Test with DMC · knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

This will give you a real performance improvement - if your device starts :)

If so: please give the output of /sys/class/devfreq/dmc/trans_stat

I didn't mention it before: In the current images to analog av-port is deactivated, since on some devices/tvs the hdmi signal isn't dected correctly and the ouput is defaulted to tve.

I couldn't test it before - but user k7k8 just confirmed enabling it works and tve output is working too ... in the upcoming images i will try to find a way to make it autoselect

That's how 18.5 looks like on good old av:

My very first box mars2 on the shelf at least 2 years waiting for LE because its too slow and buggy on Android:)

Time has come: Release Test for RK3228B · knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Give it a try ... Note: LE binary addons are not available in this image ... you will have to download manually (take them from RK3328)

If it comes up (what it should) login with ssh and give me the output of

Code
    hexdump -C /sys/bus/nvmem/devices/rockchip-efuse0/nvmem

k7k8 :
    Did you also try the image for V88 Mars (as I suggested)? Other then with amlogic devices, your complete RAM will always be available not matter which image you use (I just listed the HW specs for reference) What andoid "hardware analyzer" apps are saying doesn't mean anything - they just read it out of other software - in case of RK3229 vs. RK3228 you will only really know it, when you remove the heatsink from the cpu and look at the actual chip. So: Please go ahead and try the V88mars-image if you have'nt already ... if its not working either - please send a link to a working android firmware. If the mars-image is working for you: please login via ssh and send a dmesg.

And: Please post in english the next time - I'm not sure 100% if I understood you correctly and it will help others when the read it. thanks.

chewitt - thanks for the information. Since I'm still on 9.2 with my builds (while makeing good progress for mainline too) the rk-kernel is expection it's own (very strange) naming convention - loading firmware for ap6330 looks like this:

And therefore I still need to rely on LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-firmware/rockchip-firmware at libreelec-9.2 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub where all these firmwares are .... these for example weren't copied from rkbin