Posts by nim6us

Well I got frustrated with it all and went nuclear, I hard reset LibreElec and I'm still having the same issue. When I browse to the Synology hostname it's showing me the folder structure of LibreElec and not my Synology.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd still like to get to the bottom of it. But tomorrow I think I'll just pickup an SD card reader, jut copy one of my existing Pi's still running version 10.

Update, so in Files if I edit Movies and add the video source for my Synology as an IP address instead of it's hostname it works! I can browse the directories and it all looks okay. However if I add it via the hostname, again the file directory structure looks wrong as I mentioned in my original post.

My thoughts are somehow it's mapping the hostname of my Synology to some internal resource? Or perhaps it's DNS, I just need to flush it somehow?

I could reset all my sources to use the Syno IP address instead of hostname, but that means it's going to need to rescan my whole library, I'll lose where I was at in TV shows/Movies, the cover art will all revert, etc. I can do this as a last ditch effort, but I feel like I'm close to the answer.

I just updated from 10.x to 11.0.1 on a Raspberry Pi. Now any TV show or movie I try to play I get "PLAYBACK FAILED One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message."

The thing that's odd is when I check Files > Movies and view sources the SMB share for my Synology shows my Syno hostname but when I drill into it the file structure isn't right. It shows the files structure of the Pi: Backup, Configfiles, Downloads, Emulators etc. I've got 2 other Pi's still on 10 that I haven't upgraded and the config matches up. Same hostname, username, password, etc. it all matches I can't find what's wrong.

The Pi is definitely getting network connection because it's pulling down the time, and I can SSH to it from my computer.

Perhaps the answer is in the logfiles but there's tons of them I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I'm happy to provide the logs if that helps, just let me know which ones to upload. I thought I remembered last time there was some debug log but I don't see it and I'm not sure how to generate it. Any help is appreciated!

I'm currently running OpenELEC Kodi v15.2. It was recently pointed out to me, OpenELEC is no longer being developed and Kodi is now on version 18... so I'm working on upgrading.

The instruction I was given was to download the installer file, drop it in the Update directory and to restart the Pi. However all the instructions show a .TAR file being put into the update folder. When I visit the download page now it only shows an .IMG file.

The problem is when I drop that file in the update folder and reboot, the OS doesn't even recognize it as an update option. I've tried opening the .IMG file and saving the contents as a .TAR file, this appears to work on reboot, it says it's uncompressing the file but then I get an error saying it cannot find the SYSTEM file or KERNEL file so it aborts.

Is there any path to upgrade or will I have to back everything up, wipe it, and install from fresh (which I'm hoping to avoid).