Posts by jlo88

- Operating system version/name: LE 9.1.501

- Device model: Rpi4

I'm using the netflix addon and the retrospect addon on a Raspberry Pi 4. My father uses exactly the same setup except for a different tv and experiences audio dropout for a few seconds regulary. I tried lowering the bitrate in both addons but this did not help. Therefore I'm not sure if the internet connection is the problem.

I made a debug log and he gave me a list of dropout times with the amount of dropouts:

- 21.45: 1x
    - 21.52: 1x
    - 21.53: 2x
    - 21.55: 3x
    - 21.56: 2x
    - 21.57: 2x
    - 21.58: 1x
    - 21.59: 1x
    - 22.01: 2x
    - 22.02: 1x
    - 22.03: 1x
    - 22.05: 3x
    - 22.07: 1x
    - 22.08: 2x
    - 22.12: 5x
    - 22.13: 1x
    - 22.14: 2x
    - 22.16: 2x
    - 22.17: 2x
    - 22.18: 4x
    - 22.20: 2x

The log file is quite large because I let him log and tell me when it goes wrong. I've clipped the end of the file after 22:20h. I hosted it here.

We already replaced the HDMI cable but this didn't help.

Hi! I'm using the netflix addon where I export the streams to /storage/netflix/

I've added a media source with content tv shows and source /storage/netflix/tvshows/

When I export a show, for example peaky blinders, this works and using ssh to look into the folder /storage/netflix/tvshows shows the folder and the contents. The folder is name "Peaky Blinders" and contains S01E01.strm etc:

When I try to update the contents, the show does not get added to my tv shows. I'm aware of TVDB being offline and I'm using TMDB, where peaky blinders is also on here.

I made a debug log of the refresh action and I see at line 1137:

Code
    2019-11-18 17:16:27.728 T:2875597680   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir '/storage/netflix/shows/Peaky Blinders/' due to no change

The complete log can be found here.

The settings used in the addon can be found here.

This is the content settings for the folder:

Any idea what could happening here or where I could look?

The file /storage/.cache/services/samba.conf (server) is edited via the LE settings add-on. The contents of guisettings.xml (client) are edited via Kodi Services settings. If Kodi is accessing media from something older or misconfigured that only speaks SMB1 then Kodi settings are correct. If the media host is newer and can handle SMB2/3 then it's better to use them (as SMB1 has large security holes) and Kodi settings are wrong. If media is stored on the LE device there is no need to access anything over SMB so it's irrelevant if the settings are mismatched.

Aah okay, I think I might have mixed up server and client.

But isn't it still confusing that guisettings.xml does not mirror settings/libreelec/services/samba? Or am I still misunderstanding something here?

In the end I set both server and client to use SMB 2/3, indeed to avoid the security issues.

I just checked this and in samba.conf the protocols are set to min 2 and max 3. In the GUI as well but guisettings.xml still contains samba version 1. These are the settings in the xml:

Code
    <setting id="smb.maxprotocol">1</setting>
    <setting id="smb.minprotocol">1</setting>

This is shown in samba.conf:

Code
    SAMBA_MINPROTOCOL="SMB2"
    SAMBA_PASSWORD="libreelec"
    SAMBA_AUTOSHARE="true"
    SAMBA_MAXPROTOCOL="SMB3"
    SAMBA_SECURE="false"
    SAMBA_WORKGROUP="WORKGROUP"
    SAMBA_USERNAME="libreelec"

I rebooted and stopped and started the kodi service. So in my case the xml shows the wrong settings?

I made some changes to guisettings.xml by:

Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    # Editing with nano 
    systemctl start kodi

I don't see the settings reflected in the GUI but they remain changed in the xml file. I changed the minimum and maximum supported SMB level, accessible via settings/libreelec/services.

I tried rebooting and the GUI still does not reflect my changes. When I change the settings again in the GUI, nothing changes in the xml.

Is this intended? Which setting is being used?