Posts by qUE-ARM

hi pls update for kodi 19 & 20 thanks

Unfortunately this can't happen due to support for Meson 6 (G18) being dropped from LibreELEC after 9.2.8.

Although I'm currently trying to build LibreELEC-AML 9.2.8 with the necessary tweaks to get it running and updating on the MX2 boxes. I've stumbled at the Mozilla stuff not building on 32-bit, so I've switched to 64-bit and may have a build to try in the new year (it's not a simple task, so fingers crossed). I'm really hoping it'll sort that hanging issue with Amlogic hardware decoding.

Excuse me for being a bit crazy even trying the stuff I have. An issue I have with this build of 9.0.2 and it seems other users have elsewhere in similar versions of amlogic libreelec. The amcodec hardware acceleration doesn't like certain streams and will generally lock-up the system on seek or stop (BBC iPlayer addon being an example), so I've been trying to figure out how to fix it.

I took a probably unusual approach of post patching the system by modifying SYSTEM archive in the tar update with an (I assumed) newer version of libamcodec.so from the wetek play 9.2.8 builds (uses the same SoC), but turns out there hasn't been any fix or change in that module and any difference may be just down to the compilation.

So I've hunted through the source to see what patching had been applied to fix this issue and it's really not clear, nearest I've gotten is a change to the modify display rate in tvout, but I have no idea if this is the fix or not.

If any one knows what the exact fix is, I'd really like to know and will likely attempt to append a .patch file to the projects source here and re-roll an updated image.

if anyone is interested, un/repacking the SYSTEM can be done with (tested with lubuntu 18.04);

<unpack SYSTEM file from update tar to home/Downloads>

sudo apt-get install squashfs-tools

cd ~/Downloads

unsquashfs -d ./SYSTEM_modified -f SYSTEM

<modify contents of SYSTEM_modified folder with changes, .so files exist in /usr/lib>

mksquashfs ./SYSTEM_modified SYSTEM -noappend -comp gzip

md5sum ./SYSTEM > ./SYSTEM.md5

<new SYSTEM files resides in home/Downloads, edit SYSTEM.md5 with correct path /target and repack into update tar>

Thanks, yes I have tried multiple times, it just will not work with kodi 18 anymore :(

EDIT: Finally fixed, it was the the same issue as Cannot Install/Update Addons afterall

Ah I see, I got around not being able to use official repo. by downloading the add-ons and dependencies manually. I also found some of the official kodi repository had broken packages (dated around 2021), so I've been very cautious about letting updates happen anyway. (probably also related to certs.)

I've had this box running well for a few years now with 9.0.1 & kodi 18.1, but I did a reset/clean this week, it works fine with 7.95.3 & kodi 17, as soon as i update to 9/k18, I lose all ability to instal, cannot even download a new skin, no SMB , just no connections.

Have a new box and want to keep this for another spare tv.

Gotta b something simple.

Any advise?

I've had issues like this when the permissions have been changed on /storage, I'd do the 7.95.3 factory AV "toothpick" install then, do the tune2fs with SSH (this will also break /storage if not done) and upgrade to 9.0.2 (just copy the tar archive into /storage/.upgrade and reboot)

@KOPRajs, I'd really like to have a go at building whatever libreelec last supported meson6.

I get the copy your source over the libreelec mainline, but I can't get it to build.

I'm using ubuntu, any chance you could list what dependencies are needed, I've got build-essentials so far, but it's not clear what else is needed, the errors don't hint at what else needs to be installed. And I suspect the info on the official wiki doesn't account for the amlogic hardware.

Do I need gcc-arm-none-eabi?

Good news for anyone (like me) having issues getting their remote working with this libreelec build, I've got mine working. This has been really confusing because of the recent adoption of LIRC in libreelec, but it isn't used in this build.

Based on information from this page; http://www.microdev.it/wp/en/2016/12/…n-amlogic-socs/

My remote.conf file which is based on the /etc/amremote/libreelec.conf present in this libreelec;

This file belongs as /storage/.config/remote.conf

after it's been copied there in SSH type;

remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf

It's early days and I've not completely mapped the keys for my generic Android/NEC remote, any keys not recognised by the system should be logged in the system log (dmesg -c)

You only need the remote.conf override and not rc_maps.cfg, lircd.conf or whatever to get this working. Did a lot of digging to find this info., but I thought I'd share it.

For those having trouble with the NAND b0rk/120 seconds message, although it's a bit technical I've managed to fix this issue on my box, maybe temporarily but it's working again.

Amlogic AML8726-MX HD18 v2.22 (G18ref) STB black screen no boot fix

KOPRajs, really appreciate the backporting of LibreElec. Only issue I've had is I assume my old JVC flatscreen TV doesn't like the video mode the Matricom splash uses, the display won't fire up, but I've manage to work out an order to boot the box with cables unattached until in Kodi.